The World News Media

Edinburgh Residents targeted with handwritten letters from child members of Jehovah's Witnesses brand the move 'sick

8 hours ago, xero said:

At the risk of beating the drum. I'm always suspicious when people avoid using "Jehovah". The argument about not knowing the exact pronunciation would then apply to Jehoshaphat, Jehoram or pretty much any name in the Hebrew scriptures, but for some reason the punctiliousness is applied only to "Jehovah". The reason is that God's name tastes bad in their mouths.

The reason is that GOD'S TRUE name IS NOT KNOWN. Whereas you choose to follow men who tell you what name you must use. And Almighty God's name is far more important than any other name because it has a far more important meaning. But when the True Anointed are revealed by God through Christ, then maybe they will, through the power of Holy Spirit, tell us God's true name. But then maybe those of the Earthly class will not be told.  You see xero, the True Anointed are far more important than the Earthly class in God's eyes, so you just need to relax and be humble and wait for God through Christ to give guidance. 

• Views 2.9k
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too! And I've noticed that the majority of those who leave, stop using it. To me that says a lot.

If he would be equally outraged at a child expressing support for his school, love for his country, support for some local cause, rallying for some local politician, selling Scout cookies, knocking on

Yes. Of course. He will be merging “Almighty God” with Jesus Chrst presently, if he hasn’t already, and it may not be long after that he sends “Almighty God” to the ash heap entirely to worship Jesus.

12 minutes ago, Witness said:

Are you putting the Almighty God on par with people?

I think those who are serious about not pronouncing God's name in English should also stick to pronouncing Jesus's name as Yeshua. After all he is God's son, the second most important person in the universe. And it would probably be best if they used a Hebrew accent too.

8 hours ago, xero said:

You can jaw on as you like, but you're still squirreling around doing your best to avoid God's name - Jehovah.

You are so funny. You NEED to be told what name to use by MEN. A name that was invented by MEN.  A name that was invented without the guidance of Holy Spirit. But you put your faith in MEN.  I hope that God through Christ will forgive you. 

7 hours ago, Anna said:

I think those who are serious about not pronouncing God's name in English should also stick to pronouncing Jesus's name as Yeshua. After all he is God's son, the second most important person in the universe. And it would probably be best if they used a Hebrew accent too.

Are you saying that Yahweh is not English, or Yehowah.  Who's to say what is English ?  After all it is YHWH. 

Surely by changing the letters you are changing the true meaning ?  Can you honestly say that the meaning is not changed. And how would you honestly know without the gift of Holy Spirit.  Just because some scholar says this or that. Wheras if that scholar said something else you would say they are not guided by God. 

@Anna do you remember my mistake with - worth noting or worth nothing. One single letter making meaning completely opposite. Is that can be the case also with how to pronounce JHVH? Some people say it can be.

If that is possible than it is very good to follow what we know for sure, to address God with, My Dear Friend, My Dear Best Friend., because JW people are motivated to be friends with God according to WTJWorg.

But, what Jesus practiced was to say, Father and/or God ... as in his Last and Final Words: Eli, Eli, lama sabahtami . Very significant. Not Father ... Not Jehovah,..... but... My God. His Final Testimony was not speaking aloud name Jehovah or however Jew spelled JHVH. With his last breath He used common title - God.

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

And Almighty God's name is far more important than any other name because it has a far more important meaning

Can you honestly say that the meaning is not changed.

The meaning of God's name does not change just because you pronounce it in a different language to Hebrew. And guess why not? Because anyone who is educated, or cares to do research will associate the name (in whatever language they speak) with the Hebrew God, and the meaning thereof. Google it.

In any case, this conversation is getting ridiculously silly....

16 minutes ago, Anna said:

I think those who are serious about not pronouncing God's name in English should also stick to pronouncing Jesus's name as Yeshua.

We today know how to pronounce Jesus name ..... because what? Jews today speaking Jesus name as Yeshua? If they know what missing letters-vowels to put in Jesus name, so they can tell us how to pronounce JHVH? Or? 

1 hour ago, xero said:

The reason is that God's name tastes bad in their mouths.

Yes. Of course. Is no more complicated than that, although dressed up as pious concern and godly respect for this technical point or that.

It is always good if letters to the foe are short and sweet. I like how you typically do that as I also try, with but occasional caveats. You see what happens. He goes into hysterics, screaming over words, making ever more shrill and poorly supported charges, if supported at all. He wets himself in the presence of all.

Best to let him stew that way. Respond with pith to select short quotes. He wants miles-long verbiage on each one of his many complaints, all of which he has raised many times before, and it is best to just let him wet himself.

Let your short remarks be as persuasive and cheery as possible, as his are as shrill and bitter as possible. In the unlikely event that anyone will want to untangle all this verbiage, it will be clear how things are. That doesn’t mean you will “win.” Many people prefer the whiny claptrap he spins, with contempt for anything that smacks of cooperation. So be it. The purpose is simply to lay down thoughts persuasively and let it be seen that he really doesn’t know how to think.

In short, you know that this is a Witness forum, even if an avant garde one that the organization itself probably does not care for. The keeper (that old hen) is a Witness. She is a “theocracy dies in darkness” Witness, to be sure, who believes in dialogue, even with riffraff, but she is a Witness. A whiny little girl like him fills up pages, but should he move on he is easily be replaced with other whiny little girls. A Witness who brings original content to the table has little fear of going out of style.

29 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

do you remember my mistake with - worth noting or worth nothing. One single letter making meaning completely opposite. Is that can be the case also with how to pronounce JHVH? Some people say it can be.

Yes, you would have a point if we pronounced it wrong in the original language. But we are not speaking the original language, we (at the moment) are speaking English. 

29 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

But, what Jesus practiced was to say, Father and/or God ... as in his Last and Final Words: Eli, Eli, lama sabahtami . Very significant. Not Father ... Not Jehovah,..... but... My God. His Final Testimony was not speaking aloud name Jehovah or however Jew spelled JHVH. With his last breath He used common title - God.

There is nothing wrong with calling God, God of course, no one is saying that. However, Jesus indicated on numerous occasions that God's name was important, and he quoted from Hebrew scriptures pronouncing God's name. Sure God is a common title, but we must not forget that God did reveal his name to his servants, and that God's chosen nation, the Jews, used that name. There is no prohibition in the Bible against using God's name, unless it is used in vain. Pronouncing it in another language is not using it in vain. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.