The World News Media

Edinburgh Residents targeted with handwritten letters from child members of Jehovah's Witnesses brand the move 'sick

1 minute ago, Anna said:

She is not a she! The Librarian is a HE

She is what I say she is. :)

Long ago when she accused me of hawking my books because I was hawking my books, and I almost left—after several days I said I was going to spin a new fiction of her as a mean, over-the-hill has-been of a school librarian who doesn’t like children and is counting down the days to her retirement. Moreover, her mischievous pupils knew that full well, I chief among them, would undertake mischievous tricks like replacing her gin with milk of magnesia. 

I told her if she ever got tired of it, I would mend my ways. She never has. Alas, at this point even if she did, it might be too late. I am too settled into a routine and cannot change, @Anna

• Views 2.9k
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me too! And I've noticed that the majority of those who leave, stop using it. To me that says a lot.

If he would be equally outraged at a child expressing support for his school, love for his country, support for some local cause, rallying for some local politician, selling Scout cookies, knocking on

Yes. Of course. He will be merging “Almighty God” with Jesus Chrst presently, if he hasn’t already, and it may not be long after that he sends “Almighty God” to the ash heap entirely to worship Jesus.

27 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

If they know what missing letters-vowels to put in Jesus name, so they can tell us how to pronounce JHVH? Or

They can tell us how to pronounce it in Hebrew, but we are speaking English. Or do you think God only understands Hebrew?

I would just like to say I forgive you all for your nastiness toward me.  It is unfortunate that you people calling yourselves  Christians should act in this way, but .........

With all the going on we all know that God's 'name' in English is YHWH.  The funny thing is, this is one of the first things I learnt as a young man studying the Bible with JWs. 

We are of course a long way off topic. Something i was constantly being told off for. But I accept that JWs will always side track when they don't like a topic. Have a good day.

Matthew 6 : 14 & 15

“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; 15  whereas if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. 

36 minutes ago, Anna said:

They can tell us how to pronounce it in Hebrew, but we are speaking English. Or do you think God only understands Hebrew?

I see what you mean. What I mean, Jews should know how to pronounce old Jews names, without vowels, written in the Bible. That would be start, at least for hear how name JHVH have to sound, on Jew language of course :)) Perhaps from that point, interested people, or linguists can be able to show direction how not to pronounce this the holiest Name IF wrong pronunciation can bring shame or defilement of that Name.  

1 hour ago, xero said:

You can jaw on as you like, but you're still squirreling around doing your best to avoid God's name - Jehovah. Another thing that convinces me that Jehovah is right, is the kinds of people and their specious and inconsistent arguments against using Jehovah. It's like in the movies when the vampires shrink back at the sight of a cross. Gods name just freaks them out and they have to, like a startled octopus ink up the room w/junky inconsistent arguments.

Jesus said, "I have revealed your name to the people you gave me from the world. They were yours, you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.”  "I made your name known to them and will continue to make it known, so that the love you have loved me with may be in them and I may be in them."  John 17:6,26

Did Jesus wear a badge that said, “Jehovah’s Witness”?  Is that how he made God’s name known?

Is saying the word, “Jehovah” going to make for easy access to knowing God? 

Pharoah asked, "Who is the LORD that I should obey him by letting Israel go? I don't know the LORD, and besides, I will not let Israel go."  Exod 5:2

He came to know who God was by His acts.

“This is what the LORD says: Here is how you will know that I am the LORD. Watch. I am about to strike the water in the Nile with the staff in my hand, and it will turn to blood.”  Exod 7:17

I believe it is better to be on the safe side, than to create a pronounceable name for God, especially since “hovah” is a Hebrew word meaning “a ruin, a disaster”.  https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=h1943

So, yes, the name "Jehovah" does not indicate  an acceptable, pleasant way to address God.  

It is interesting how JWs here, refuse to acknowledge the example of Jesus Christ and how he spoke to God.  

2 hours ago, Anna said:

what struck me was that at the end of the interview he was encouraging others who had doubts: not to worry about trying to do things God's way, because God doesn't mind i

Every so often I check Lloyd’s tweets—I have rechristened him Nemo. To my surprise, he has denounced the (huge) reddit forum as not a safe space for ex-JW’s. I think it is because someone there called him out on how overbearing and self-important he has become.

39 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Name IF wrong pronunciation can bring shame or defilement of that Name.  

There, that's the point: IF.

There seems to be no indication that a pronunciation in another language would bring shame or defilement of that name. God is graciously cognizant of other languages besides the language of his ancient people. 

15 minutes ago, Anna said:

Yes, many ex-JWs can't stand him.

Speaking of the name, I did today block @originalJehovah on Twitter. He had responded to a tweet of mine with something snide. I told his two friends who had commented on the new thread before I had seen it, that I hoped he didn’t mind the block, and that it was not for anything he said. Rather, it was for his insolence toward the Divinity, as expressed through his handle.

(It was probably 4Jah)

17 minutes ago, Anna said:

Yes, many ex-JWs can't stand him.

Well, maybe there is something redeeming about them yet.

Being flesh, it is so easy for attention to go to our head. I have had enough bad experience in life that I don’t think I am easily vulnerable. When your head is stuffed into the toilet, upon extracting that head, you do not say, “I guess I taught that toilet a thing or two, didn’t I?”

Still, I take nothing for granted, From time to time, brothers I do not know who have enjoyed this or that post want to Zoom with me. I won’t. Email is enough. It would be very easy to be leader of a movement. I won’t do it.

I tell such people tongue-in-cheek that with me it is 2 Corinthians 10:10, that while they might find my writing “weighty and forceful,” my personal presence was weak and my speech contemptible.

When I pulled that on Nemo—for from the moment I saw him he tried to lure me on his podcast, and I never had any intention of going, but I strung him along for a while, he taunted me for the longest time on how I thought my words were “weighty and forceful.”

He is so abusive. But I got in my licks.

Like when he tweeted certain woman’s groups the same “countdown” message for 50 straight days and they ignored him. His own people said ‘if they choose not to respond, you have to respect that.’ Finally I appended to his tweet, “It’s as though he says to these women, ‘G*******t, answer me when I’m talking to you!’”

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Long ago when she accused me of hawking my books because I was hawking my books, and I almost left—after several days I said I was going to spin a new fiction of her as a mean,

She also later on accused me of spamming and I said if she did it again I would leave. However, i also bended to her concerns. I told her i was not trying to draw from her site—I just wanted my posts somewhere together, uncontaminated by 4Jah, where I could readily locate them. Also my comment section would be very brief, would quickly expire, and if anyone want to haggle out something raised here, I would send them back here. It has been a fine compromise. I am grateful to the old hen for providing a forum with interaction where my writing has flourished. I never forget to post plenty of original content here and “pull my weight.”

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.