The World News Media

They're better as a group, than they are individually - (observations from the outside)

xero

• Views 7.4k
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to introduce another item into this consideration. It seems that the number 12 or its multiples in the Bible always appears as literal, never symbolic. Jacob's 12 sons (males) were exactly

Not really. Somewhere down the line watchtower got mixed up in thinking their organization can offer the same salvation as Jesus Christ. According to the Bible, it’s only Jesus Christ who can save. “O

This is correct. Russell never took the place of Christ before his Church. Christ was the Head of the Body, and Russell would never consider himself the "Head" of the Body of Christ. This doesn't mean

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Wow and you said you;d blocked me. :) 

My 'thoughts' are consistent. 

I did, but occasionally I get curious. It's like when you smell something bad and for some reason you have to go back and smell it again just to be sure. Why do we do that? It's not going to smell good the second time is it?

• 6 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 2:58 PM, Anna said:

You tried, but really this is comparing apples to oranges. When a group that shares a hobby gets together for a few hours or couple of days, sure it's all fun. But the real test comes when you remove that hobby, and that group has to get on with each other with love in normal day to day problems, despite cultural and personality differences, and not only that, but do this over months and years. Try that with your car enthusiasts. Loving cars, is not going to make you into a loving person.

It's all fun and games until someone loses a nut T - Shirt (⌐□_□) |  Inspirational words of wisdom, Inspirational words, Fun

Or it's never a problem if there isn't a problem.

Well that was quite the Nuked from Orbit type move.

chris-pratt-oh-snap.gif

That being said, 1 John 4:1 also good in most cases in this regard.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:26 PM, xero said:

Last question answered 1st. Yes God uses secular organizations. He also uses religious organizations and families were designed by Jehovah as the base of organization. The questions YOU and we all need to answer are:

Is God using this/or that organization, like I might use a stick to get some crap off my nikes after a trail run, after which I have no use for the stick?

Does this organization assent that it is being used by Jehovah?

Does this organization have Jehovah's approval?

An organization or even a person can be USED by Jehovah AND that person may be approved by Jehovah or disapproved by him. Jehovah can use a person/organization like a Judo master might use the weight of his opponent against him.

How can Jehovah use your organization when you admit you are not inspired by the holy spirit?

10 hours ago, xero said:

The same way he used Cyrus.

This could mean that Cyrus worked on his own and exclusively for his own interests, but it turned out well for the Jews as well. 

When the Bible says that "God will put it in the hearts of kings to do his will", then it is not a kind of "inspiration", but what is it then? Fraud in a "diplomatic" way?

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

This could mean that Cyrus worked on his own and exclusively for his own interests, but it turned out well for the Jews as well. 

When the Bible says that "God will put it in the hearts of kings to do his will", then it is not a kind of "inspiration", but what is it then? Fraud in a "diplomatic" way?

What's your problem?

15 hours ago, xero said:

The same way he used Cyrus.

No, not in the same way God used Cyrus.  

“Thus says the Lord to His anointed,
To Cyrus, whose right hand I have held—
To subdue nations before him
And loose the armor of kings,
To open before him the double doors,
So that the gates will not be shut:
2 ‘I will go before you
And make the crooked places straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
And cut the bars of iron.
I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the Lord,
Who call you by your name,

Am the God of Israel.  Isa 45

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

On 10/13/2021 at 3:24 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

This is due to the events of Cyrus being recorded prior to him taking action, something of which can be read about, researched if you look carefully into what Prophet Isaiah had professed.

On 10/13/2021 at 3:24 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

I suggest you read The Book of Isaiah, in relation to the liberation of the Jews.

@Witness Look at the verse below, which reads:

• Isaiah 44:28 - who says of Cyrus, ‘My shepherd will fulfill all that I desire,’ who says of Jerusalem, ‘She will be rebuilt,’ and of the temple, ‘Let its foundation be laid.’ ” (Reference: Ezra 1:1, 2; Isaiah 41:25; 45:1; 46:11; Daniel 10:1).

So it is identical for those of calling; God is able to use those who are for him to enact his will, in the same manner Cyrus was used, hence Restoration, for if God had not used people, you would not be having a Bible in hand, let a correct one, and most likely Commissions, or an attempt to attest to the Commission would not have existed, at all, moreover, the ability to profess the Messianic Age, having the freedom to do so, despite the fact even the misguided speak too, not having that, or worse case scenario if the UN was successful in what it attempted back in the early 2000s, 2017 and even 2020, speaking about God or Christ as presented in Scripture would be outlawed as Hate Speech (despite the fact we are en route in this now not knowing if the UN will act again prior to 2030.)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.