The World News Media

Why can one no longer (why not recommended to) “eat” WTJWorg “spiritual food” from the past?

Srecko Sostar

Because that food has become "garbage."

Such “spiritual food” that was produced and multiplied in the past in WTJWorg printing presses is no longer produced. Most publications (books, magazines, booklets...) that many JWs today don’t even know about, are no longer used. It has been forgotten on the shelves of few old JW members and in the archives of WTJWorg in America.

Many publications were literally destroyed and / or thrown in the trash.
Personally, I remember helping to throw away hundreds of books in Zagreb's Bethel (at the old address at 11 Kamaufova Street in Zagreb) before many decades. It was a small format book, if I'm not mistaken the color was light blue, hardcover) A few of us were a young workforce carrying boxes of books out of the basement. And some of us had astonished faces in disbelief wondering, "Is it not a sin to throw away the word of God written in these books"?

The leading people of Bethel in Zagreb, together with the USA Administration, obviously did not consider such a procedure to be incorrect. Why? Well because of what many of us later realized. That wasn't "the truth" anyway. And more than that, it was not "the truth" from God. There are things that are “true” and without God to tell us that. But, WTJWorg used just the latter to convince people to accept human interpretations and beliefs as God's. Once upon a time, even today, they claim the same; that everything written in WTJWorg publications came from God via FDS channel or through GB.

It is unlikely that someone who simply reads the Bible without taking advantage of divinely provided aids could discern the light. That is why Jehovah God has provided “the faithful and discreet slave,” foretold at Matthew 24:45-47. Today that “slave” is represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is under the direction of this body that the “Light Bearers” District Convention has been arranged. - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1992328 - Come to the “Light Bearers” District Convention

Title of this article suggesting how GB is Light Bearers, and then all JW members who sow such "truth" are likewise, light bearers.

Also: So, then, we have noted four basic avenues of aid: (1) reading and studying God’s Word, together with Christian literature; (2) persevering in prayer; (3) yielding to the influence of God’s holy spirit; and (4) enlisting the aid of mature Christians. In these ways, many, many persons have been helped in their struggle to overcome weaknesses. Yet, some have a far more difficult time conquering weaknesses than do others. Are there yet other aids that they could effectively use?https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1982762

Why do “divinely provided aids” end up in the trash?

• Views 849
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because that food has become "garbage." Such “spiritual food” that was produced and multiplied in the past in WTJWorg printing presses is no longer produced. Most publications (books, magazines,

They didn't even recycle them?

Thank you for the video, and I appreciated your comment.  “And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh.”  Eccl 12:1

17 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Why do “divinely provided aids” end up in the trash?

Thank you for the video, and I appreciated your comment. 

“And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh.”  Eccl 12:11

Surrounding that text is the description of the wise “Preacher” seeking acceptable words, and what was written (by him) was upright – words of truth.  After the above verse, the conclusion was made to keep God’s commandments; and, every piece of work – written work of words – will be brought into judgment. 

“Including every secret thing, whether good or bad.”  Eccl 12:14

Should the truth be wearisome to the flesh or refreshing as the living water that Jesus offers? (John 4:10) Are JWs ever disappointed that their “truth” ends up in the trash? I wonder if they care.

G Jackson made a recent comment about the mind’s “symbolic pathways”. To paraphrase, he said when we have new thoughts, new concepts, pathways form in the mind.  They become more solid when we think of them.  The pathways become easier to “walk along”.  He gives the example of someone whacking their way through a jungle.  Then he says, in personal study and meditation, we shouldn’t always look for new things.

What things?

He states, “sometimes we might say, well I’ve read that publication already, I don’t need to reread it.  Yes, you do.  Why?  Because, just because you cut a path in your mind through the jungle doesn’t mean to say that that path is always going to remain easy to pass through. No, it’s good for us to go back again and go over and over the same things.” 

Why would we go over and over a publication that may end up in the trash?  

The GB member didn’t mention going over and over the Bible, the source of truth, where keys to wisdom continually bring us new understanding.  Shouldn’t we always look for new thoughts in God’s Word? 

What he is explaining is the cult tactic to drive home lies that are wearisome to the flesh, to the mind, and to the spirit. 

Brainwashing:: Cult leaders are known to repeat various lies and distortions until members find it difficult to distinguish between reality and cult life. 

...or between truth and lies.

https://www.onlinepsychologydegree.info/what-to-know-about-the-psychology-of-cults/

"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”  Matt 12:37

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.