The World News Media

Conscience individual and collective

xero

12 hours ago, xero said:

I shouldn't reply. But hey. Buddy... Unless you are part of a denomination you aren't going to go door to door pushing living by the Bible. If you do w/o being part of a group, then you'll come off like the dangerous kook you likely are.

So when you go door to door you offer people free BIBLES do you ?  No, you offer the words of men, not the words of God. You promote living by the GB / Watchtower / JW Org rules, not living by God's standards.  And yes I can promote God and Christ and the Kingdom, without being part of an Organisation.  

I do wonder what JWs think that followers of Christ called themselves or were called by others. Oh yes it was Christians. But being called a Christian isn't good enough for JWs because they have to prove that they serve the JW Org. 

• Views 16.1k
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the 1970's it was common for Bethelites to order Bible commentaries like Matthew Henry's and Barnes' Notes on the NT and various Bible translations. Later, they also allowed orders for Jay Green's

I liked your KH building experience. We've all had that experience when we would have made different decisions if we were in charge, and then we are glad we weren't. But I can't seem to fit your

Bingo. It’s the pure nastiness of one, not to mention the pure dodo-headedness of another. These annoy far more than the posts themselves, though sometimes the two are hard to unravel. After

Posted Images

12 hours ago, xero said:

I know one thing you're not doing. Preaching the good news of God's Kingdom. Opposers are like fat leftist introverts who stare at their shoes and play dungeons and dragons and go to cosplay conventions because they loathe life and the demands it makes on them. Therefore anything excellent, they seek to tear down. They don't create, because to create is to be subject to criticism. Nope. They just like to sit in their fat, unaccomplished obesity in their mother's basement.

And this person says he is an Elder.  @JW Insider has already called him out about D O's, asking him when he was last in the Org. 

And once again this person presumes it knows what I'm doing or not doing. 

I have made known and will continue to make known what future this 'world' has and what future the Earth has. i make known who is the ruler of this 'world' and why. And of course i make known who Almighty God is and who Christ is, and what they have done, what they are doing, and will do in the future.  BUT i don't pretend to know the 'day or the hour' of the coming Judgement. 

But xero's comment is really sad and unfortunately shows some kind of mental instability. 

12 hours ago, xero said:

Life is so much better when you don't let curiosity overtake you by unblocking bad smells you previously blocked. :)

Actually what Xero means is, his life is so much better when he turns his back on truth :).  His choice of course, if he cannot face reality.  Maybe he is going back to his mother's basement now. 

12 hours ago, César Chávez said:

How about Paul, that wasn't commissioned by Christ, directly

What rubbish. Paul was directly commissioned by Christ. Jesus Christ appeared to Paul when Paul was Saul. 

Acts 9 :4

4and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” 5And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, 6but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do.” 7The men who traveled with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8Saul got up from the ground, and though his eyes were open, he could see nothing; and leading him by the hand, they brought him into Damascus. 9And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

I have made known and will continue to make known what future this 'world' has and what future the Earth has. i make known who is the ruler of this 'world' and why. And of course i make known who Almighty God is and who Christ is, and what they have done, what they are doing, and will do in the future

Hmmmm.... I wonder if you would have known ANY of this had you not been contacted by Jehovah's Witnesses....

I would say that we can talk about individual conscience and different aspects of that phenomenon in a person’s life.
But it seems to me that there is no “collective conscience”. I do not consider this possible, because a collective can only be a set of individuals with more or less the same thoughts, experiences, common ideas and standards. But this does not constitute a prerequisite for a “collective conscience”. We can only speak of collective manipulation and collective pressure in some circumstances

What connects individuals in such a group are the reasons and goals of the association. The existence of collective influence or collective pressure on an individual, who is visible and invisible in its manifestation is what certainly exists.

Reality that some individuals have a conflict with collective standards, morals, ethics, and ideology  proves that every individual within a collective has an individual consciousness and conscience, not a collective one. This proves that individual consciousness and conscience make it a separate individual in collective existence, regardless of how strongly a collective is connected within itself and regardless of the positive or negative influence of the group on the individual.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I would say that we can talk about individual conscience and different aspects of that phenomenon in a person’s life.
But it seems to me that there is no “collective conscience”. I do not consider this possible, because a collective can only be a set of individuals with more or less the same thoughts, experiences, common ideas and standards. But this does not constitute a prerequisite for a “collective conscience”. We can only speak of collective manipulation and collective pressure in some circumstances

What connects individuals in such a group are the reasons and goals of the association. The existence of collective influence or collective pressure on an individual, who is visible and invisible in its manifestation is what certainly exists.

Reality that some individuals have a conflict with collective standards, morals, ethics, and ideology  proves that every individual within a collective has an individual consciousness and conscience, not a collective one. This proves that individual consciousness and conscience make it a separate individual in collective existence, regardless of how strongly a collective is connected within itself and regardless of the positive or negative influence of the group on the individual.

You ought to google once in a while.

https://www.thoughtco.com/collective-consciousness-definition-3026118

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/collective-conscience-educational-context-society-saumya-sharma-sam-/

Collective conscious or collective conscience (French: conscience collective) is the set of shared beliefs, ideas and moral attitudes which operate as a unifying force within society. The term was introduced by the French Émile Durkheim in his Division of Labour in Society in 1893.

5 hours ago, xero said:

Article has title: The Concept of Collective Consciousness

I believe it is important to separate meaning in terminology, yet very similar words.

Consciousness and Conscious vs Conscience

Consciousness and Conscious:

a) an increasing of concerned awareness

b) the process of making people understand and be interested in important social or political issues

c) having mental faculties not dulled by sleep, faintness

d) perceiving, apprehending, or noticing with a degree of controlled thought or observation 

e) being concerned or interested

Conscience:

a) the sense or consciousness of the moral goodness or blameworthiness of one's own conduct, intentions, or character together with a feeling of obligation to do right or be good

b) a faculty, power, or principle enjoining good acts

c) the part of the superego in psychoanalysis that transmits commands and admonitions to the ego

I agree that we need to have an awareness (consciousness) of our own existence and that there is a conscience in us.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.