The World News Media

Now this is strange one. Who really is to blame here ? What could the Elders have done ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9545969/Jehovahs-Witnesses-criticised-failing-stop-devout-followers-plan-stab-wife-49-times.html

Coroner blasts Jehovah's Witnesses for failing to stop 82-year-old man killing his wife, 80, after he told church elder that he was planning to stab her to death

• Ronald Mowbray, 82, from Warwickshire, stabbed his wife 49 times last February
  • Pensioner had previously told a church elder that he planned to knife Ann, 80
  • An official investigation into the devout religious couple was launched last year
  • Warwickshire County Coroner slammed lack of action from Jehovah's Witnesses

A coroner has slammed the lack of action from Jehovah's Witnesses who did not stop a devout follower's frenzied attack on his wife. 

Ronald Mowbray, 82, from Studley, Warwickshire, stabbed his wife Ann a total of 49 times as she slept in bed.

A devout Jehovah's Witness, Mowbray was arrested at the couple's village home following the attack last February. 

Very sad and strange story. 

• Views 4.7k
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I visited an old age home as a reporter many years ago in Africa.  The Afrikaner whites are an extremely religious people. They showed me a sweet looking elderly couple in their 80s.  The old lad

In all probability, the reporter saw a Watchtower in the trash, and that was enough for them to be “devout Jehovah’s Witnesses.” Within the last few weeks, 4Jah (who for some inane reason, has ch

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." -- Homer Simpson

Everyone knows that Baptists and Catholics have an extremely "flexible" religion as to badness .... what with all the in which witch burnings, inquisitions and what-not .... and that the JWs give lip service to being above all of that.

When dog bites man ... it's not big news.

When man bites dog .... it is !

I’m sure its because JWs are high profile, and appear very meek and clean cut.  Catholics and Baptists blend in with all people.  A person can be a Catholic and still be accepted as a gambler, a bar hopper, a smoker.  Anything out of the understood ordinary for a JW, especially something like this murder, is brought to the attention of the community.

I’m also sure most people in the world don’t realize that the leaders of the organization’s mantra is making sure that only the outside of the cup is clean.  (Luke 11:39)

11 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

blasts Jehovah's Witnesses

I visited an old age home as a reporter many years ago in Africa.  The Afrikaner whites are an extremely religious people.

They showed me a sweet looking elderly couple in their 80s.  The old lady became hyperactive due to 'adrenal issues' and was on the go (hyperactive) in excess.  The old man was a very relaxed quiet type of guy.... not easily roused.

Once day a nurse came into the room and the old man was strangling the old lady.  They had to put them in separate rooms from then on and watch them. 

Yes, living confined with dementia or other health issues can bring out the worst in anyone / or in each other. The JW elder may not have taken the old man seriously enough to report him to a psychiatrist or to the police.  What else could he do? Remove the old man from his own home? 

These are issues which are hard to deal with in the elderly..... and not all end up in real murder.....The man is still head of his own household and it is a tragedy the situation was out of control.  Some old people also get a controlling streak which aggravates with age.  Having served god for many years I will leave it in the hands of Jehovah to judge the situation. Maybe the old man could not watch her suffering any longer ?  His frustration with her was too much? 

I do not have a 'blanket' respect  for all judges after seeing the level of lawless judgments in USA, UK, Canada, Australia and NZ. It is like the period before the Israelites were exiled from Jerusalem....  Judges were more corrupt than the people to  benefit themselves.  I see a similar pattern today.  So do not take this judge's censure too seriously. There are good judges and useless ones.  This one just wanted to get back at JWs.  He is not a thoughtful person.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

So do not take this judge's censure too seriously

In all probability, the reporter saw a Watchtower in the trash, and that was enough for them to be “devout Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

Within the last few weeks, 4Jah (who for some inane reason, has changed his name—perhaps because “jah” now offends him) has posted a lawyer’s trolling for clients as though it was cutting edge reporting. And Witness heralded some rumor about Watchtower and the ARC and almost immediately had to take it back as it proved false.

No one has time to unravel them all, but this will prove to be something similar. Or it may be just as you said, an end case of dementia or a mate who could no longer see the other suffer. As to somehow it becoming the fault of elders, we routinely hear of atrocities committed today and it turns out that the persons had been reported previously to police. But they receive so many of these reports, from so many persons, that they can’t possibly keep up, and such reports fall through the cracks. There is at most a quick visit by a social worker to pronounce counsel was given & all is now okay, and then a mass shoot-em-up occurs. 

Charles Manson’s greatest contribution to society—some would say his only contribution, was to say: “It used to be that being crazy meant something. Nowadays, everyone is crazy.”

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

4Jah (who for some inane reason, has changed his name—perhaps because “jah” now offends him)

I gave my exact reason for my name change. Thanks to @xero for a link to an article about God's name, and to @César Chávez for jolting my conscience on the matter.  But you Tom seem to need to dig at me for any reason.

And when a lawyer posts specific information about cases that could be verified, it is not trolling. Yes they are after business just as you are.

Oh look tom must be trolling on his every comment because he is advertising his ebooks. :) 

4 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

But you Tom seem to need to dig at me for any reason.

You consistently wear such a huge “Kick Me” sign on your behind that I find it hard to resist.

But I am trying. You remember this line from the other thread?

“Is it possible for you not to notice that you exactly validate what [Holly Folk] says?”

It was originally: “Is it possible that you are so stupid so as not to notice that you exactly validate what she says?”

I changed it (trust me on this) not because my assessment of your brightness had increased. I changed it so as to be instructed by several here who are better than I at “not paying back injury with injury.”

19 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You consistently wear such a huge “Kick Me” sign on your behind that I find it hard to resist.

Ah ha ! You should use that to describe the GB of your many 'orgs'.  Or, in fact to describe all the leaders, past and present, of your W/t CCJW JW Org et al.   But the reason you use it on me is because you are full of hate. Hate for me and hate for truth.

Keep quoting your lady friend if it makes you happy. You seem hung up on her.

I'm laughing at your weak way of playing the Emperor's New Clothes idea. Your way of thinking is, if a person doesn't agree with everything you say then you just say that person is stupid. But the things you say are so weak and false.

I remember being told that watching or reading wicked things in like a bullet going through your head. You are letting that wickedness pass through your brain just like a bullet would, and the damage it does is tremendous. Well it seems by all the worldly things you quote that you are letting a lot of worldly / wicked things pass through you brain, and, the damage it is doing to you can be easily noticed in the words you write. 

35 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

you are full of hate. Hate for me and hate for truth....Keep quoting your lady friend if it makes you happy. You seem hung up on her....I'm laughing at your weak way of playing the Emperor's New Clothes.   But the things you say are so weak and false.

Oh, come now! It is not possible for anyone to be so obtuse! You are putting me on! 

Look, Witness, and KickedFace, and Matthew4 5784, and Shwiiiiiiiiii and Sreckohehehe ))))), and several others all want what you want—the destruction of the JW organization. They all are using the CSA issue to that end. But they are all smart enough not to provide proof positive of it. None of them are so stupid as to say:

I am only interested in the CSA within the W/t, CCJW, JW Org, and their other orgs / titles.  The reason being that the GB et al keep spouting that 'God and Christ trust them' and that JWs have the ONLY true religion / way of serving God.”

Is it any wonder that, in my moments of weakness, I yield to that weakness and call you a dodo. This is my greatest persecution—right here.