The World News Media

Daily text, Saturday, May 28. 2016

Queen Esther

DT   SA !!.jpg

They embraced Paul and affectionately kissed him.—Acts 20:37.

Circuit overseers and their wives are often viewed as spiritually strong, resilient people. This is true of them, yet they too need encouragement, companionship in the ministry, and inclusion in a balanced amount of recreation. What if they get sick and are hospitalized, perhaps needing surgery or physical therapy? How refreshing they find it when local brothers and sisters assist with their needs and take a personal interest in them. We can imagine the concern that “the beloved physician” Luke, writer of the book of Acts, must have shown toward Paul and other traveling companions. (Col. 4:14; Acts 20:5–21:18) Traveling overseers and their wives need and cherish close friends. One circuit overseer wrote: “My friends seem to know when I need encouragement. They ask discerning questions, and this helps me to talk about what concerns me. Just by being good listeners, they are a great help.” w14 9/15 5:13, 14

• Views 85
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They embraced Paul and affectionately kissed him.—Acts 20:37. Circuit overseers and their wives are often viewed as spiritually strong, resilient people. This is true of them, yet they too need e

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.