The World News Media

Former State Department Watchdog Debunks Clinton’s Primary Claim in Email Scandal

TheWorldNewsOrg

Howard Krongard, a former State Department top watchdog, said he would have immediately investigated Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server during her tenure of secretary of state had he been inspector general at the time of her appointment.

Krongard, appointed by President George W. Bush, served as the agency’s inspector general from 2005 to 2008. In an interview with Fox News, Krongard said he had his own problems with Clinton’s persistence that her private server was permissible.

“Certainly to my knowledge at least, Secretary [Condoleezza] Rice did not have a personal server,” Krongard said in an interview with Fox News. “I certainly never either sent an email to one or received an email from one.”

DENMARK, SC - FEBRUARY 12: Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton speaks to voters in South Carolina a day after her debate with rival candidate Bernie Sanders on February 12, 2016 in Denmark, South Carolina. Clinton is counting on strong support from the African American community in South Carolina to give her a win over Sanders in the upcoming primary on February 27. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton speaks to voters in South Carolina. (Getty Images/ Spencer Platt)

“I would have been stunned had I been asked to send an email to her at a personal server, private address,” he continued. “I would have declined to do so on security grounds, and if she had sent one to me, I probably would have started an investigation.”

Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner, has repeatedly said, even after the current inspector general’s report was released, that her use of her server was not “unprecedented” as other secretaries of state did the same thing.

However, as Krongard noted in his interview with Fox News, the IG report specifically contradicts that claim as it revealed that only Colin Powell used a personal email and only occasionally. He also worked with the State Department to ensure his email was secure — something the report found that Clinton did not do.

Krongard also said that there was no Senate-approved inspector general in place during Clinton’s four-year tenure as secretary of state. Without that watchdog, Krongard suggested, Clinton benefited from a lack of oversight.

“I would’ve been the most unpopular person in that building [had I been there],” Krongard told Fox News. “They are the people who enforce the rules, and there was no one enforcing the rules during that time.”

Krongard also challenged how classified material ended up on Clinton’s server — a feat he said “may not have been easy” given the restrictions in place in the State Department with regard to copy machines and computer networks.

Follow Kaitlyn Schallhorn (@K_Schallhorn) on Twitter

Read more stories from TheBlaze

Glenn Beck Skewers Rubio For Supporting Trump: ‘You Have No Credibility With Me Any More’

Libertarians Select 2016 Ticket on Wild Convention Day, Party Chairman Candidate Strips on Stage (Seriously)

‘The End of Moral Absolutes?’: As ‘Christian Morality Is Being Ushered Out,’ New Study Reveals Where Americans Stand on Ethics

Famed Physicist Stephen Hawking Weighs in on Trump: ‘He’s a Demagogue…’

Trump Tells Rolling Thunder Crowd: Illegal Immigrants Treated Better Than Veterans in U.S.

Source

• Views 356
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic