The World News Media

1975 and the Jehovah's Witnesses

Jack Ryan

35 minutes ago, DefenderOTT said:

They have not dedicated their lives to serve Jehovah only until 1975. Christians have been running this way ever since Christ Jesus blazed the trail and commanded his disciples, “Follow me!” So keep this same mental attitude in you that was in Christ Jesus.

To me that means our following Christ and serving Jehovah will not stop with 1975, because it's not dependent on a date. It's just basically stating the obvious, but stating it anyway....just in case some got the idea they can slack off after 75 in the new system.

• Views 17.7k
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have not made it a secret that I think we are currently hurtling toward the same problem we created for ourselves in the 1970's. Therefore, I think it's very important that we don't forget this part

It is quite weird really. Cognitive dissonance perhaps? Just recently I listened to one of the old recordings. The "infamous" talk given by District overseer Charles Sinutko, where the phrase “st

So in May 1974 you were commended if you sold your homes and property. In 2017 if you were one of those that sold your home and property you were weak and dedicated to "a date". The mind bog

Posted Images

.... some people naturally ARE (shudder!), vegetarians.

4 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

hehe, while making barbecue for friends in garden party ? :))

That is what Able was doing when Cain came in ... having a Bar-B-Que Garden party. Cain was a really bad hunter ...and later the American Indians invented a word for "bad hunter".

... "vegetarian".

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

If you ignore it, lady - a plain and clearcut brilliant truth -  Let us toy with the number 2022 a bit and see what profound truths are revealed: 22 take away 20 is what? Two!! And what numeral is featured most often in the year 2022? Two again!!

How many times is it featured? Three! Here we see that this  flash of light even has the added advantage of separating the sheep from the goats. Those who accept it for the right reasons - three times for emphasis - enter the gates as a slam-dunk. Those who accept it for the wrong reason - it proves the trinity - are toast. 

I hope you are not mocking those who have a tendency to do this along similar lines...!

On 12/5/2017 at 00:19, Noble Berean said:

Got a reference for that?

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20130815/disfellowshipped-child-seating-location/

"....parents may even study the Bible with a disfellowshipped minor who continues to live with them." 

"When it comes to Kingdom Hall seating arrangements, it would seem reasonable that a disfellowshipped minor could also quietly sit with his parents." 

"What, though, if a disfellowshipped child no longer lives with his parents? Would this circumstance make a difference? In the past, this magazine has clearly stated the proper attitude that a Christian should strive to maintain when it comes to association with a disfellowshipped relative who is not living at home. *"

I did not succeed in searching for sitting in car/KH rule. But from this (and more if went to past WT articles) is obvious how they have various rules and changes of rules through time. :) 

I just watch one video, and moderator pointed on one significant detail. Connected with WT Chart of Significant Dates. Book published in 1966. ("Life Everlasting-in freedom in sons of God") 

In fact this Chart shows strong WT belief, how past looked like and how Future will look. I just copy/paste (3) THREE LAST DATES from Chart.  IT is very interesting their interpretations on two main  world "kings" and possibility of  WW III. And then 1975 culmination with wording END OF 6000 MAN'S EXISTENCE.  (in double talking it can be also understood as End of human existence :))))

What is next DATE?? END OF 7000 years, and JW of those past days (1960s)  knew very well what that can mean, in fact. This Last 1000 years of 7th day is in fact PARADISE aka GOD'S KINGDOM, 1000 years ruling over the world.  

Skipping  from autumn of 1975 to autumn 2975 shows that very well. Nothing in connection to "prophecies" that must take place according to WT interpretations. Events (fulfilled bible prophecies)  are missing from 1975 to future. We all know how many "bible prophecies" WT has been counted and explained until 1966 when this book was published. But no one was mentioned. BUT WT was still put one future EVENT-  the FULFILLMENT OF YEAR AS FINISHED DATE FOR 1OOO REIGN. End of 1000 year Christ kingdom ended in 2975. In those days and i believe similar is until today, one interpretation is same; 7 day of God's rest ending after 7000 years of man's existence.  This is prove of WT calculation about 1975. 

Quote from JWorg said; "And, since the seventh day has been continuing for thousands of years, it may reasonably be concluded that each of the six creative periods, or days, was at least thousands of years in length."  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001061

According to this, not changed view-yet, WT interpretations is/was that 1 creation day was 7000 long. So, by that and other interpretation on Bible it is significant to see that WT IN FACT PROMOTED VIEW HOW Jesus Kingdom would/will come in 1975 because His Kingdom lasting 1000 years and by that Completing 7th day of Bible terminology as WT interpret.  

Quote from JWORG;  However, this statement is not made regarding the seventh day, on which God proceeded to rest, indicating that it continued. (Ge 2:1-3) Also, more than 4,000 years after the seventh day, or God’s rest day, commenced, Paul indicated that it was still in progress. At Hebrews 4:1-11 he referred to the earlier words of David (Ps 95:7, 8, 11) and to Genesis 2:2 and urged: “Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest.” By the apostle’s time, the seventh day had been continuing for thousands of years and had not yet ended. The Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ, who is Scripturally identified as “Lord of the sabbath” (Mt 12:8), is evidently part of the great sabbath, God’s rest day. (Re 20:1-6) This would indicate the passing of thousands of years from the commencement of God’s rest day to its end. The week of days set forth at Genesis 1:3 to 2:3, the last of which is a sabbath, seems to parallel the week into which the Israelites divided their time, observing a sabbath on the seventh day thereof, in keeping with the divine will. (Ex 20:8-11)  

CHART QF SIGNIFICANT DATES FROM MAN'S CREATION TO 7000 A.M.

1966 Threat of World War III grows more ominous as between "king of the north" and the "king of the south." (Dan. 11: 5-7, 40) Expansion of organization of Jehovah's Christian witnesses continues, and international series of "God's Sons of Liberty" District Assemblies are scheduled to begin on June 22, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Book Life Everlasting-in Freedom of the Sons of God to be released Saturday, June 25.1966

1975 End ot 6th 1,000.year day of man's existence (in early autumn)                                                                                                                                  _________________________________________________________________

2975 End ot 7th 1,000-year day of man's existence (in early autumn)