Jump to content
The World News Media

When a teaching changes after baptism.....


Recommended Posts

  • Member
2 hours ago, Mr_VHC@WNF said:

There are lots of straws in your hat, and you are picking at all of them :) I can answer you by asking questions too, without of course answering the questions. We can play this silly game all day long, but if we have nothing to agree on, then we should agree to disagree, unless of course you want stay on this merry go round.

Do you believe Moses was God's spokesperson or in my native language mouthpiece? Just curious, because if you can accept Moses you can accept the "slave" along with all it's imperfections, just like Moses. If you don't that Moses was God's mouthpiece who are you, in fact, disrespecting?

Whom do you think the child of Revelation 12 is, or what :)?

 

Moses did speak for God, and wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.  The parallel you're drawing is that because Moses was imperfect and the men you are following are imperfect, it's okay to keep following them even when they're wrong.  Shouldn't we then make that allowance for all men.

The child of Revelation 12 is obviously Jesus, the Messiah.  

In 1914 the folks of the WTS believed it was the birth of the antichrist, but now you say it was the birth of the Messianic kingdom, and your book, "God's Kingdom Rules", calls this the greatest event ever to occur in the history of the world.  But at the time that you say it occurred, in 1914, it was being called the birth of the antichrist by the WTS.  Is this the Moses-like mistake that will keep them out of the promised land?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Views 3.4k
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Dad used to take me deer hunting when I was a teenager.  We'd go out when it was dark and be in a deer stand in a tree as the light began to come up.  At first you could make out precious little, but as the light slowly intensified, the tree stump that may have initially looked like a sleeping bear, became more easily identifiable.  Once the morning had broken, much more became clear.  Now if someone had asked me at that point if I felt I was required to believe that what I had thought was a

>"I know you probably worked hard on your illustration, but it seems to me to be out of harmony with what the Bible reveals at 1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. " I"m sure you worked hard on your response as well, but I fail to see how my illustration conflicts with John 1:5.  You gave no explanation. What is true however is that though we may progress in our understand of the scriptures,

Of course, logical progression makes sense, if one is guided by the Holy Spirit’s direction.  But as has been brought out, the progression on doctrine has not followed logic.  Lloyd, The term “wait on Jehovah” or as you have said, “wait on Jehovah’s organization” (notice how God and the organization are as one – a duplicity Isa 46:5) in the scriptures, does not mean waiting for God to make us do what is right.  He gave us two choices, placed before us.  He doesn’t serve a spiritual plate, then l

  • Member
6 hours ago, Mr_VHC@WNF said:

Do you believe Moses was God's spokesperson or in my native language mouthpiece? Just curious, because if you can accept Moses you can accept the "slave" along with all it's imperfections, just like Moses. If you don't that Moses was God's mouthpiece who are you, in fact, disrespecting?

Hello Mr. VHC,

I am sure you know Moses communicated with God directly, and was considered above prophets:

 Then He said,

“Hear now My words:
If there is a prophet among you,
I, the Lord, make Myself known to him in a vision;
I speak to him in a dream.
Not so with My servant Moses;
He is faithful in all My house.
I speak with him face to face,
Even plainly, and not in dark sayings;
And he sees the form of the Lord.

Why then were you not afraid

To speak against My servant Moses?”  Num 12:6-8

No man, anointed or not, can claim such a position with God.  All knew he was a genuine representative of God.  When it comes to chosen ones, there are two possibilities.

“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?”  Matt 24:25

Some become unfaithful slaves, teaching error. 1 Tim 4:1; Matt 24:4,5,11,24,25,48-51;7:15,20; 2 Pet 2:1-3; Col 2:8; John 8:47; 2 Cor 11:13-15; Rev 2:2; 2 Thess 2:1-4; Acts 20:30; Luke 16:1,2; Rev 2:20; 13:7,10,11 

And some actually lead others in the way of truth, remaining connected to the vine of Christ. 1 Cor 4:2,1; John 7:38,39,18,17; John 15:4

Are you comparing  Moses to the GB?  Or rather, should we compare the GB to the Pharisees?

“Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.  Therefore whatever they tell you to observe that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.  For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.  But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments (false piety christening themselves and proclaiming to be “faithful and discreet”) They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues,  greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ (…or the "faithful and discreet slave")

But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren.  Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.  And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.  But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.  And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.  Matt 23:1-12

I ask you to go to your website and search for Governing Body inspired.  Perhaps in older literature there may be reference to such, but the closest I have found is this:

Theocratic appointments come from Jehovah through his Son and God’s visible earthly channel, “the faithful and discreet slave” and its Governing Body. (

    Hello guest!
) The whole process of such recommendation and appointment is directed, or guided, by holy spirit. This is the case because the qualifications are set out in God’s Word, which is inspired by holy spirit, and the individual appointed gives evidence of producing the fruitage of that spirit. Therefore, the appointments are to be viewed as being made by holy spirit. w/15/1/15

This seems a pretty hazy conclusion when scriptures speak of Moses as the Servant of the Lord.  Josh. 1:1, 15; 8:21, 23; 18:7

Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus, who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house.  Heb 3:1,2

Moses' faith is compared to Jesus' faith toward the Father!  Can you say the same for the Governing Body, when they lord it over their own brothers by exalting themselves?  "He who humbles himself will be exalted".   No early humble apostle that was faithful, compared himself to Moses.

lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

For this reason, all in the congregation view it as their sacred duty to follow and uphold the direction coming from the faithful slave and its Governing Body. Wt 2007

Do you feel it is your holy, hallowed, blessed, consecrated, sanctified, venerated, revered, (synonyms for sacred) duty to uphold the direction of men that one must question whether they are inspired?  Where is the proof that they are indeed faithful to Christ, their Head, when they have exalted themselves with a title that is not deserved until Christ gives it to whom he will upon his return?

"His master said to him, Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Share your master's joy!'   Matt 25:23

 

    Hello guest!

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Witness, I'd like to hear your thoughts on these scriptures:

Exodus 3: 1 - 4 Was it God's voice or the angel conveying God's words?

Compare Exodus 14: 19; 23: 20; 33: 2

Numbers 20: 14 - 17 Was it God that brought Israel out of Egypt or was it an angel?

Also, have you read Acts 7: 30 - 38?

Acts 7: 30 “After 40 years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Siʹnai in the flame of a burning thornbush. 31 When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight. But as he was approaching to investigate, Jehovah’s voice was heard: 32 ‘I am the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob.’ Moses started trembling and did not dare to investigate further. 33 Jehovah said to him: ‘Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground. 34 I have certainly seen the oppression of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and I have come down to rescue them. Now come, I will send you off to Egypt.’ 35 This same Moses whom they had disowned, saying: ‘Who appointed you ruler and judge?’ is the very one God sent as both ruler and deliverer by means of the angel who appeared to him in the thornbush. 36 This man led them out, performing wonders and signs in Egypt and at the Red Sea and in the wilderness for 40 years.
37 “This is the Moses who said to the sons of Israel: ‘God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me.’ 38 This is the one who came to be among the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Siʹnai and with our forefathers, and he received living sacred pronouncements to give us.

So, was it God's voice that Moses heard or was it God's word conveyed by an angel? Very interested in your answer here.

Edit: Just wondering, do either of you, Witness or Holly consider yourself inspired or moved by holy spirit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
2 hours ago, Mr_VHC@WNF said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Witness, I'd like to hear your thoughts on these scriptures:

Exodus 3: 1 - 4 Was it God's voice or the angel conveying God's words?

Compare Exodus 14: 19; 23: 20; 33: 2

Numbers 20: 14 - 17 Was it God that brought Israel out of Egypt or was it an angel?

Also, have you read Acts 7: 30 - 38?

Acts 7: 30 “After 40 years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Siʹnai in the flame of a burning thornbush. 31 When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight. But as he was approaching to investigate, Jehovah’s voice was heard: 32 ‘I am the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob.’ Moses started trembling and did not dare to investigate further. 33 Jehovah said to him: ‘Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground. 34 I have certainly seen the oppression of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and I have come down to rescue them. Now come, I will send you off to Egypt.’ 35 This same Moses whom they had disowned, saying: ‘Who appointed you ruler and judge?’ is the very one God sent as both ruler and deliverer by means of the angel who appeared to him in the thornbush. 36 This man led them out, performing wonders and signs in Egypt and at the Red Sea and in the wilderness for 40 years.
37 “This is the Moses who said to the sons of Israel: ‘God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me.’ 38 This is the one who came to be among the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Siʹnai and with our forefathers, and he received living sacred pronouncements to give us.

So, was it God's voice that Moses heard or was it God's word conveyed by an angel? Very interested in your answer here.

Edit: Just wondering, do either of you, Witness or Holly consider yourself inspired or moved by holy spirit?

Hi again Mr V, :)

I'm wondering if maybe a new thread is in order for your questions, unless you are relating them in some way to the question in the OP.  If you are, could you explain how.....for instance, are you saying you believe the men on the WTS governing body are on par with the angel in these passages?

Everyone who has received the Holy Spirit are moved by Him, but it won't be in any way that contradicts scripture.  So, if the men on the governing body were wrong, for instance, about the child in Revelation 12 being the antichrist, that would not have been something that came from the Holy Spirit since it contradicts scripture.  Was the Holy Spirit moving them to identify first the 144,000 as the faithful servant of Matthew 24:45, and then to discard that teaching and identify Russell alone as that servant, then to discard that teaching and again identify the 144,000 as the faithful servant, and now to discard all of those teachings and identify just the handful of men on the WTS governing body as the faithful slave of Matthew 24:45?

How about when they presumed an appointment over all of the Master's earthly interests?  Were they moved by the Holy Spirit to presume that appointment and now moved by Him to discard that belief and say it didn't happen after all and they are still waiting to be found faithful to receive that appointment?

If it's your belief that the leaders of the WTS have been moved by the Holy Spirit in all their teachings, even when those have been wrong teachings and had to be changed, is that the reason you believe JWs should be willing to accept changes in what they've said the Bible really teaches?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
On 7/14/2016 at 8:13 AM, Mr_VHC@WNF said:

So, was it God's voice that Moses heard or was it God's word conveyed by an angel? Very interested in your answer here.

Hello again Sir,

You are defending the GB, I realize that.  You believe they are blessed by the Holy Spirit simply because they are anointed, and because they call themselves the “faithful and discreet slave”. We must remember that any anointed one can fall from God’s grace by their desire for prominence. This was prophesied.  2 Thess 2:1-4; Jude 1:8-13; 3 John 1:9,10; 2 Tim 3:1-9

I believe the Angel of the Lord you are referring to was the Christ himself, as Michael and as the Word.  Jesus has been given various roles and assignments displaying his wondrous capacity, various responsibilities, and divine nature.  Isa 9:6; Luke 1:31-33; Matt 1:21,23; John 1:1,14,29; Rev 19:11,16

He bears the role of Michael, the Archangel (Who is Like God) (Josh 5:13,14), and as the Word (messenger or “angel”) (also Josh 5:13).  It is with the "commanding call" of Christ, that he gather his faithful anointed, with this voice. Rev 1:10,12,13; 1 Thess 4:16; Joel 2:11; Rev 19:11,14,8

Dan 12:1; Rom 7:25; 2 Tim 4:18

1 Cor 10 gives solid evidence of Christ’s presence with Moses and the Israelites:

Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,  all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,  all ate the same spiritual foodand all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.  1 Cor 10:1-5 

The one who bears this spiritual food is mentioned in John 6:

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe." John 6:26-32;36(

    Hello guest!
,
    Hello guest!
)

This is the bread which comedown from heaven that one may eat of it and not die.  John 6:50

Jesus represents or is, the “bread of life” as the Word, and we see he provided spiritual sustenance from God to those people in the wilderness.   John 6:33,35

Since Jesus and the Father are one, sharing the same light, (John 10:30; 8:12; 14:20; 1 John 1:5) the Angel of the Lord that appeared to Moses was Christ, in one of him many capacities.  John 8:18 Thus, ultimately it was God who lead Moses and the people out of Egypt, as they are one.

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”  Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?  Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.  Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.  John 14:8-11  (Gen 16:10,13; Judges 13:21,22)

The Word was with the Father since the beginning.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” John 8:54-58 57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”  John 8:56-58

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.   John 1:1-3;6-9

To “bear witness of the Light”, and God is this Light. Since Jesus is also light,  it shows the ability of Christ to represent God to Moses, and cause Moses’ face to shine.  Exod 34:35 (Matt 17:2; Rev 1:16)

 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”  John 6:40 (Ps 78:21-25)

He is also the “hidden manna” of Rev 2:17, which is Truth.  (Matt 4:4; John 17:17)

To compare the GB with Moses goes against God’s arrangement today. The only Head and Leader of the anointed ones is Jesus Christ, and they are not expected to replace Christ as Head among any man. Matt 23:8,10; Eph 1:22; 5:29,30,28; Col 1:18  We know the GB does not speak face to face with God, (Heb 9:24) nor can they be compared to the angel that appeared before Moses. God has given Jesus divine approval to be Head of the Congregation and none other.  Eph 1:22; John 8:18; Mark 9:7

At this time of the end, Jesus again leads those of a righteous and repentant heart toward salvation through the declaration of truth Jesus provides them.  Rev 11:1-11

 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts.(2 Cor 3:3; Heb 10:15-17) And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.  And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”  Jer 31:31-34

 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thess 4:16

Deut 5:6; Exod 20:2;7:5;29:46;Num 15:41; Ps 81:10; Deut 5:6; Hos 13:4

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member

My point was that God made the corrections to men, not men making corrections to men. When you have a group that changes from left to right and back to left again, then you must know that this did not come from God. Could God use this left right left to His advantage? sure, He uses people and circumstances to His advantage all the time, to work out His will. When a group claims to speak for God and these changes become apparent, it is not that hard to see God is not using this group as His mouthpiece.

Was it not by men that God corrected his people in the past? Was not Moses used to convey God’s thoughts to Korah, Dathan and Abiram? Were not the Judges humans used to bring the people back from apostasy. Was not Nathan a man that corrected David? Were not all the prophets sent by God? I think my point is established. If you believe God led Israel through the wilderness you will know they did not travel in a straight line :D Either you believe God led the people through the wilderness or you believe a man did who thought he was guided by God. Which is it? Remember the law was a major change for the people, a lot of ingrained thinking had permeated them while living among the Egyptians.

You know the saying that the WT uses, the one about tacking into the wind as a sailboat does? A few things came to mind about that. One, if this is describing the mode of operation of the WT how does this compare to say John the Baptist?

  John made the pathway before God straight (Isa 40:3/Matt 3:3/John 1:23/Mark 1:3/Luke 3:4). John preached one thing, repentance,  and this didn't change. He did not say "repent" one day and then the next "you don't need to repent yet". The second point that came to mind was how if by tacking, a sailboat gains distance traveled, the sailboat also has a course set out and a destination. What ground/distance is gained in a flip flop of doctrines? It is reversing to a previous point, not advancing. What destination is there in mind when a complete reversal takes place?

John’s baptism was insufficient to be saved was it not? Because all had to be baptized into Christ. If John’s baptize was enough there would be no need to be baptized into to Christ. Hence, a major adjustment for the followers of John. Many of them clung to John but some did not and were baptized into Christ. Now, question, those who stayed in the baptism of John – would they receive holy spirit and be guided by it? I think also we need to look at the meaning of the word “Straight” very carefully. Taken literally we are inclined to think a straight line or direct path, but God often has not taken the most direct rout in a matter. For example, before the crossing at the Red Sea the Israelites reached Etham at which point they could have gone straight up into the promised land minus 40 years of sojourneying. Instead, they ‘turned back’ and went down to ‘Pihahiroth in view of Baal-zephon’. In human eyes, this was a catastrophic error and a major adjustment for the people who began wondering where Moses was leading them. To Pharoah it looked as though the Israelites were wondering in confusion! Do you see something similar happening today? In human eyes, the Governing Body may look like crazy men leading the people in what may seem confusing directions. But maybe you are not able to see the pillar of cloud leading them by day and the pillar of night leading them by night.

What ground is gained? You’re thinking in human dimensions. Remember, our faith is only made stronger by getting a tested quality through enduring trials. Most of the people were untested and prone to complaining and looking to the things behind. They were spiritual babes not yet knowing how to walk. The light of the sun was still at early dawn and while we know much more since that time full day is still some way to go. Thus, God’s view of progress is different than ours, what takes us a thousand years is only a short time to God or a day.

 

The difference between us both sticking with the Bible and not being in agreement, it that of a bias we have within ourselves. I am content in using the Bible alone and allowing it to support itself. Are you?

An issue here is whether millions of individuals can separately arrive at the exact same conclusion. It certainly is not impossible for God to lead his people this way, but the question is, is that the way God leads his people. What does Bible history tell us? Adam instructed Eve and his family, Enoch taught his son, who taught his son , who taught Noah, who taught his family, who taught their families, who spread abroad after the flood with the line of Shem leading to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the Israelites, who were led by Moses, Joshua, Judges, Kings, informed by prophets, apostles and today the Governing Body. To me, God has always used men to lead his people. The very basic uniti of society is the family arrangement. God uses the family head to direct the family.

Another aspect to consider, is that while God’s people are in their millions not all have the same ability to understand God’s will. There is great variation among God’s people. If I may use the illustration of hiking through a national park as a group. How should the people travel? Together or individually? Would individuals have a better chance of going it alone with just a map or compass? What about the individual needs and abilities of each person, some may be fit but others may not be so fit? If you decide to travel as a group, should you travel at the pace of the fittest member or the least fit? I’m sure you’re aware that directing an organization is subject to a huge amount of variables. Now, think about the varying spiritual states of each JW. A large number of people that we are meeting cannot read, what good would the Bible alone do for such people unless the people knew how to read. Was it not Paul that said “How could I know unless someone told me?” Or did he say “How could I know unless I read it myself?”. What about Philip running alongside the Ethiopian Official? He was reading a part of the Bible, but Philip asked, do you know/ understand/ comprehend what you’re reading? Again, his reply helps us to see: “How could I unless someone guided me?” What about Jesus’ commission to preach, if it were up to individuals to use the Bible alone to teach ourselves, would not Jesus direction be invalid? If we make Jesus direction invalid are we not then bringing heavy judgement upon ourselves.

I agree that neither of us can understand everything there is, and we will miss things along the way, but our willingness to bring forth our ideas for criticism is what helps us remove our bias. Without an independent party (others on this forum and elsewhere) giving us what they see in both our view as well as their view, then we have a group who might as well believe the sky is falling.

Hahaha, to some people we are suffering from mass delusion – sky falling syndrome :D I’ve done enough talking. Over to you…

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
1 hour ago, Witness said:

Hello again Sir,

You are defending the GB, I realize that.  You believe they are blessed by the Holy Spirit simply because they are anointed, and because they call themselves the “faithful and discreet slave”. We must remember that any anointed one can fall from God’s grace by their desire for prominence. This was prophesied.  2 Thess 2:1-4; Jude 1:8-13; 3 John 1:9,10; 2 Tim 3:1-9

 

I believe the Angel of the Lord you are referring to was the Christ himself, as Michael and as the Word.  Jesus has been given various roles and assignments displaying his wondrous capacity, various responsibilities, and divine nature.  Isa 9:6; Luke 1:31-33; Matt 1:21,23; John 1:1,14,29; Rev 19:11,16

 

He bears the role of Michael, the Archangel (Who is Like God) (Josh 5:13,14), and as the Word (messenger or “angel”) (also Josh 5:13).  It is with the "commanding call" of Christ, that he gather his faithful anointed, with this voice. Rev 1:10,12,13; 1 Thess 4:16; Joel 2:11; Rev 19:11,14,8

 

Dan 12:1; Rom 7:25; 2 Tim 4:18

 

1 Cor 10 gives solid evidence of Christ’s presence with Moses and the Israelites:

 

Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,  all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,  all ate the same spiritual foodand all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.  1 Cor 10:1-5 

 

The one who bears this spiritual food is mentioned in John 6:

 

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe." John 6:26-32;36(

    Hello guest!
,
    Hello guest!
)

 

This is the bread which comedown from heaven that one may eat of it and not die.  John 6:50

 

Jesus represents or is, the “bread of life” as the Word, and we see he provided spiritual sustenance from God to those people in the wilderness.   John 6:33,35

 

Since Jesus and the Father are one, sharing the same light, (John 10:30; 8:12; 14:20; 1 John 1:5) the Angel of the Lord that appeared to Moses was Christ, in one of him many capacities.  John 8:18 Thus, ultimately it was God who lead Moses and the people out of Egypt, as they are one.

 

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”  Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?  Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.  Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.  John 14:8-11  (Gen 16:10,13; Judges 13:21,22)

 

The Word was with the Father since the beginning.

 

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” John 8:54-58 57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”  John 8:56-58

 

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.   John 1:1-3;6-9

 

To “bear witness of the Light”, and God is this Light. Since Jesus is also light,  it shows the ability of Christ to represent God to Moses, and cause Moses’ face to shine.  Exod 34:35 (Matt 17:2; Rev 1:16)

 

 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”  John 6:40 (Ps 78:21-25)

 

He is also the “hidden manna” of Rev 2:17, which is Truth.  (Matt 4:4; John 17:17)

 

To compare the GB with Moses goes against God’s arrangement today. The only Head and Leader of the anointed ones is Jesus Christ, and they are not expected to replace Christ as Head among any man. Matt 23:8,10; Eph 1:22; 5:29,30,28; Col 1:18  We know the GB does not speak face to face with God, (Heb 9:24) nor can they be compared to the angel that appeared before Moses. God has given Jesus divine approval to be Head of the Congregation and none other.  Eph 1:22; John 8:18; Mark 9:7

 

At this time of the end, Jesus again leads those of a righteous and repentant heart toward salvation through the declaration of truth Jesus provides them.  Rev 11:1-11

 

 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts.(2 Cor 3:3; Heb 10:15-17) And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.  And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”  Jer 31:31-34

 

 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thess 4:16

 

Deut 5:6; Exod 20:2;7:5;29:46;Num 15:41; Ps 81:10; Deut 5:6; Hos 13:4

 

 

 

We agree that Jesus is Michael and the Word. May I ask, do you believe that Jehovah and Jesus are individuals or a single individual? If you believe that they are individuals, do you believe that they are both without beginning, being uncreated? If you believe they are a single individual, do you believe that the oneness Christians experience makes us all one individual? Do you believe that we are one with Christ? In what sense? Thank you for a refreshing discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
4 hours ago, The Librarian said:

@Mr_VHC@WNF Please start new threads for questions since this is not pertaining to the original posting.  Thx ;-)

I believe the OP is about the Governing Body making changes after one's Baptism, the word corrections is another way of saying making adjustments or changes. My question was related to the OP that God uses men to make such corrections, including the Governing Body. The collection of answers from beginning to end has been building a case in support of the view that if a change comes after one's Baptism then we should expect them as God has always corrected and adjusted his people from the very beginning. I would like to appeal your statement as I don't think you've read and understood all my answers in the context of the OP. It is evident that I may not be clear or need to reference my statements to previous ones as taken "on their own" it might seem unrelated. But taken as a whole all my answers are defending the Governing Body's right to make new changes after one's Baptism. For this reason, I would like to appeal your statement. Please reconsider.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
On 7/15/2016 at 10:03 AM, Mr_VHC@WNF said:

We agree that Jesus is Michael and the Word. May I ask, do you believe that Jehovah and Jesus are individuals or a single individual? If you believe that they are individuals, do you believe that they are both without beginning, being uncreated? If you believe they are a single individual, do you believe that the oneness Christians experience makes us all one individual? Do you believe that we are one with Christ? In what sense? Thank you for a refreshing discussion.

Hello Mr. VHC,

Scriptures help us make good sense of all those questions, which I admit are thought-provoking.

 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.  John 5:18

This claim by the Pharisees held no weight when the conversation between Jesus and the Pharisees ensued as they announced that their Father was God.

 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father. ”Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.” Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.”  John 8:37-44

This helps sum up our status as whose “children” we belong to, and the point Jesus was making. 1 John 3:1

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.” 1 John 3:10

(Can we proclaim ourselves “righteous”, then proceed to disfellowship a brother who cares to follow Christ and the Father completely?  Is this love?  Rom 10:2,3)

I believe the closest that Jesus displays God’s form, is as The Word.  While on earth, of course, he was the in the form of man.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,  who, being in the form of God, did not deem himself worthy of snatching equality with God, but emptied Himself and took the form of a slave, taking on the likeness of humans. And being found himself in human design, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of impalement."  Phil 2:5-8

This “form of God” is as The Word – as spirit, born of God’s spirit as the “only begotten Son  John3:16; 1:14,18  By God’s command, life came through this begotten one in spirit form, who had a beginning, unlike God. John 14:6; Heb 11:3; Gen 1:26; Prov 8:22-31

“All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.   He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.” John 1:3,10

 “For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.”  Col 1:16

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,  has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,  having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.  Heb 1:1-4

With God, there is no beginning. 1 Tim 1:17; 1 Chron 29:10; Titus 1:2

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth, He will not grow tired or weary and his understanding no one can fathom.”  Isa 40:28

If Christ is an extension of God’s spirit, first in God’s form as the Word, those “in Christ” and who become one with him, are all to share the same spirit from God, as children of God. 

“We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.   By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.   1 John 4:6,13

When Jesus said, I am the way the truth the life, it shows him originally as the Word, not only the source of life, but the spirit emanating from God.  1 John 5:6

“This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.  1 John 5:6

2 Pet 1:21; James 4:5

Jesus deserves our relative worship because of this spiritual connection with the Almighty Father, which acknowledges the authority that God has given him.

 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.  1 Cor 15:27,28

The GB has altered this sense of worship to be given Christ through their opting to translate the Greek word for worship as “obeisance” in all instances regarding Christ, and as “worship” regarding God in the NWT.    Jer 23:36; 2 Pet 3:16

If they do not recognize Christ’s power established by God, his rightful authority, the many facets of who he is, as the Word coming directly from God, as Michael standing up for God’s people, and how this Mighty God deserves our worship - can they even comprehend being “one” in Christ, let alone one in God?  Christ is “the brightness of his glory”!  How can we dismiss him as just an example of loyalty to imitate? 

They are good examples for us to imitate. Of course, Jesus is the best example for all dedicated servants of Jehovah. w/12/6/15   

 “Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,  that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,  and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Phil 2:9-11

 To the anointed ones and to all sheep, our direct Master and mediator is Christ.  The below comment by the WT is true, but diverts attention from Christ.

The basis for Christian dedication is love of our heavenly Master, Jehovah.  W 13/10/15

Has the organization denied our Master, Jesus Christ, not only by subduing any worship to be given him; but by concealing his true nature as our salvation and not an organization? James 3:14-16; Phil 3:18,19; Rev 5:12-14; Heb 2:3; John 1:4,5

“For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.”  Jude 1:4 

“The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.”  Col 1:15

Don’t you agree it should be our desire to “know Christ” above and beyond what we may think we know about him?

 "But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.  I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead." Phil 3:7-11

The oneness in Christ and the Father still means we are individuals, since Christ is a separate entity from God; yet holy spirit bonds one to Christ and the Father in knowledge, love, righteousness in the same manner as the early apostles experienced.  Paul, Peter, James...all had their own personality, but were sealed in Christ and his purpose as part of God's Temple arrangement.  1 Pet 3:8-12;2:5,9  

"Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,  fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind."  Phil 2:2 (Col 2:2,3

 

Glory -

    Hello guest!

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member

Agree with 1 Cor 9:17 used by Eoin Joyce.  The stewardship is to do the work Jesus left to be done – Preach the good news of the Kingdom of God, which is a real government that will correct forever  the affairs of sinful mankind. People need to know of this solution as it gives them hope and the promise of everlasting life. Christians must live their lives worthy of the kingdom as well (1 Cor 6: 9,10) They must live up to Kingdom standards and requirements as well as preach it.

“(1 Corinthians 9:17) If I do this willingly, I have a reward; but even if I do it against my will, I still have a stewardship entrusted to me.”

(Matthew 21:28-32) 28 “What do you think? A man had two children. Going up to the first, he said, ‘Child, go work today in the vineyard.’ 29 In answer this one said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward, he felt regret and went out. 30 Approaching the second, he said the same. This one replied, ‘I will, Sir,’ but did not go out. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said: “The first.” Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going ahead of you into the Kingdom of God.

 

Even if they have issues that need clarifying and they obey the clear instructions of Jesus to preach the good news they will get their reward.

 

Job did not understand where his hardship was coming from (he thought it was from God)  but he still got his reward back then and was assured of a resurrection in the new system.  Daniel did not understand what he wrote – the book was sealed up for the last days – he was also assured he would stand up (be resurrected) for his lot (reward) in the new system.

=======

 

Any who made unauthorized pronouncements about dates and timing will have had to eat their words.

 

Romans 3: 4: …  Let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar.

========

WHAT IS BEING PREACHED IS STILL TRUE, AND THE END IS  STILL COMING

Acts 1:6-8  – Time of intervention in human affairs  is in God’s jurisdiction

Luke 12: 35-44  – Do the work faithfully

Matthew 24:36 -  No one  knows when he is coming

Matthew 24:43;44 - Coming as a thief in the night

Genesis 3:15, Ps 72,  Isa 65,  Dan 2:44, Rev 21:3-5;  1 John 3:8  Intervention by God’s Kingdom; Kingdom of God is only solution to mankind’s problems

Matt 10:7   Preach  the good news of the kingdom

Matthew 24:14   Preach the good news of the kingdom of God

Matt 28:19,20     Make disciples and send them out to preach message also.

1 Cor 10:11;  Romans 15:4   Prophecies apply to us in end times

1 Peter 3:8 One thousand years is a day to Jehovah (Jesus left the earth  approx 2000 years ago. Prophecies applied to first century as well as our time)

2 Tim 3:1-5 -  Signs of last days Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark 13  Signs of last days

Matthew 24 -  Be ready and stay ready

Zephaniah 2:3  - Seek Jehovah now

John 17:3  -  Seek knowledge – important for everlasting life

Habbakuk  2:3  -  End still for the time appointed by God.  It will not be late.

Jesus allowed for human misunderstanding.

(Proverbs 4:18) But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.

 

(John 16:12) 12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them now.

=======

God always used imperfect persons like us to do his work on earth.

 (James 5:17) E·liʹjah was a man with feelings like ours, and yet when he prayed earnestly for it not to rain, it did not rain on the land for three years and six months.

(Hebrews 6: 10) For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name by ministering and continuing to minister to the holy ones.

 

(Matthew 10:40-42) 40 “Whoever receives you receives me also, and whoever receives me receives also the One who sent me. 41 Whoever receives a prophet because he is a prophet will get a prophet’s reward, and whoever receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will get a righteous man’s reward. 42 And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water to drink because he is a disciple, I tell you truly, he will by no means lose his reward.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
On 7/21/2016 at 12:31, Witness said:

Hello Mr. VHC,

Scriptures help us make good sense of all those questions, which I admit are thought-provoking.

 

 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.  John 5:18

 

This claim by the Pharisees held no weight when the conversation between Jesus and the Pharisees ensued as they announced that their Father was God.

 

 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father. ”Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.” Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

 

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.”  John 8:37-44

 

This helps sum up our status as whose “children” we belong to, and the point Jesus was making. 1 John 3:1

 

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.” 1 John 3:10

 

(Can we proclaim ourselves “righteous”, then proceed to disfellowship a brother who cares to follow Christ and the Father completely?  Is this love?  Rom 10:2,3)

 

I believe the closest that Jesus displays God’s form, is as The Word.  While on earth, of course, he was the in the form of man.

 

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,  who, being in the form of God, did not deem himself worthy of snatching equality with God, but emptied Himself and took the form of a slave, taking on the likeness of humans. And being found himself in human design, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of impalement."  Phil 2:5-8

 

This “form of God” is as The Word – as spirit, born of God’s spirit as the “only begotten Son  John3:16; 1:14,18  By God’s command, life came through this begotten one in spirit form, who had a beginning, unlike God. John 14:6; Heb 11:3; Gen 1:26; Prov 8:22-31

 

“All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.   He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.” John 1:3,10

 

 “For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.”  Col 1:16

 

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,  has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,  having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.  Heb 1:1-4

 

With God, there is no beginning. 1 Tim 1:17; 1 Chron 29:10; Titus 1:2

 

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth, He will not grow tired or weary and his understanding no one can fathom.”  Isa 40:28

 

If Christ is an extension of God’s spirit, first in God’s form as the Word, those “in Christ” and who become one with him, are all to share the same spirit from God, as children of God. 

 

“We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.   By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.   1 John 4:6,13

 

When Jesus said, I am the way the truth the life, it shows him originally as the Word, not only the source of life, but the spirit emanating from God.  1 John 5:6

 

“This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.  1 John 5:6

 

2 Pet 1:21; James 4:5

 

Jesus deserves our relative worship because of this spiritual connection with the Almighty Father, which acknowledges the authority that God has given him.

 

 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.  1 Cor 15:27,28

 

The GB has altered this sense of worship to be given Christ through their opting to translate the Greek word for worship as “obeisance” in all instances regarding Christ, and as “worship” regarding God in the NWT.    Jer 23:36; 2 Pet 3:16

 

If they do not recognize Christ’s power established by God, his rightful authority, the many facets of who he is, as the Word coming directly from God, as Michael standing up for God’s people, and how this Mighty God deserves our worship - can they even comprehend being “one” in Christ, let alone one in God?  Christ is “the brightness of his glory”!  How can we dismiss him as just an example of loyalty to imitate? 

 

They are good examples for us to imitate. Of course, Jesus is the best example for all dedicated servants of Jehovah. w/12/6/15   

 

 “Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,  that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,  and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Phil 2:9-11

 

 To the anointed ones and to all sheep, our direct Master and mediator is Christ.  The below comment by the WT is true, but diverts attention from Christ.

 

The basis for Christian dedication is love of our heavenly Master, Jehovah.  W 13/10/15

 

Has the organization denied our Master, Jesus Christ, not only by subduing any worship to be given him; but by concealing his true nature as our salvation and not an organization? James 3:14-16; Phil 3:18,19; Rev 5:12-14; Heb 2:3; John 1:4,5

 

“For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.”  Jude 1:4 

 

“The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.”  Col 1:15

 

Don’t you agree it should be our desire to “know Christ” above and beyond what we may think we know about him?

 

 "But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.  I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead." Phil 3:7-11

 

The oneness in Christ and the Father still means we are individuals, since Christ is a separate entity from God; yet holy spirit bonds one to Christ and the Father in knowledge, love, righteousness in the same manner as the early apostles experienced.  Paul, Peter, James...all had their own personality, but were sealed in Christ and his purpose as part of God's Temple arrangement.  1 Pet 3:8-12;2:5,9  

"Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,  fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind."  Phil 2:2 (Col 2:2,3

 

 

Glory -

    Hello guest!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll have to take some time to read over this one. At first glance, it's not readily apparent that you have answered my question or not. To be frank, I'm a bit overloaded, when one or two clear scriptural reference would've sufficed you've gone all out. I agree with the Governing Body's position that Jehovah and Jesus are separate individuals, Jesus being a created being as described in Colossians as the firstborn of creation, both pre-eminent and first thing created. A master worker though not a co-creator.

Link to post
Share on other sites




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.