The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses' conventions underway in Belton

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

The first of three conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses was held at the Bell County Center in Belton last weekend, and we are more convinced than ever that, if we want to have God’s approval, we must always imitate Him (Revelation 15:4).

More than 5,000 Central Texans were on hand Sunday for the conclusion of the “Remain Loyal to Jehovah” regional convention program.

Anyone who would like to enjoy the program in Spanish is urged to attend the convention this weekend orJuly 29-31.

Three Bible examples of loyalty will be highlighted.

Two full-length movies on two giant LED screens will take attendees on a journey back into biblical history and a modern-day drama of a family going through turbulent times will help you learn the meaning of loyalty.

The program includes dozens of public talks as well as interviews and real life experiences of people who have learned how God rescues those who strive to be like him.

Admission to the convention is free.

Doors open at 8:15 a.m. each day. The Bell County Expo Center is at 301 W. Loop 121 in Belton.

http://kdhnews.com/living/religion/jehovah-s-witnesses-conventions-underway-in-belton/article_1fd354d8-505c-11e6-ac92-c35fc4c341b9.html

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• In the era of the Bible Students within the Watchtower, there were numerous beginnings. It is essential to bear in mind that each congregation functioned autonomously, granting the Elders the freedom to assert their own assertions and interpretations. Most people embraced the principles that Pastor Russell was trying to convey. You could argue that what you are experiencing now, they also experienced back then. The key difference is that unity was interpreted differently. Back then it had value where today there is none. To address your inquiry, while I cannot recall the exact details, it is believed to have been either 4129 or 4126. Some groups, however, adopted Ussher's 4004. It is worth mentioning that they have now discarded it and revised it to either 3954 or 3958, although I personally find little interest in this matter. I believe I encountered this information in the book titled "The Time is at Hand," though it may also be referenced in their convention report. Regardless, this is part of their compelling study series 3. Please take a moment to review and confirm the date. I am currently focused on Riblah. The Bible Students who firmly believe that Israel is the prophetic sign of Armageddon have made noteworthy adjustments to their chronology. They have included significant dates such as 1947/8 and 1967/8, as well as more recent dates. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that, according to their calculations, 2024 holds immense importance. The ongoing tension of Iran targeting Israel directly from its own territory amplifies the gravity of the situation. If their trajectory continues, the subsequent captivating event will occur in 2029, rather than as previously speculated, in 2034 by some.
    • Would it be too much to ask what was the bible students starting point of creation?
    • @JW Insider Your summary is irrelevant, as I do not make any assertions regarding BC/AD other than their usage by scholars and in history, as you yourself have also acknowledged on numerous occasions, thus rendering your point invalid and evasive. The Watchtower leverages external viewpoints, including secular evidence, to substantiate the accuracy of their chronological interpretations. There are numerous approaches to dating events. Personally, I explore various alternative methods that lead to the same conclusion as the Watchtower. However, the most captivating approach is to utilize secular chronology to arrive at the same outcome. By relying solely on secular chronology, the pattern still aligns, albeit with a distinct interpretation of the available data. Nevertheless, the ultimate result remains unchanged. This is why when you get upset, when you are proven wrong, you, Tom, and those with the authority to ban take action, because you like others cannot handle the truth. In this case, your infamous tablet VAT 4956 has become useless in this situation. I do agree with you on one thing: you are not an expert, just like COJ. However, I must admit that this foolish individual was not the first to debate the chronology with the Watchtower and abandon it based on personal beliefs. He simply happened to be the most recent one that's on record.
    • This person will never give you a direct answer. He's beyond reasoning and only seeks to dodge the truth. The information about the tablet has been available for decades, but I chose to bring it up now to refute previous and current criticisms about the limitations of this tablet. The real issue is that he can no longer rely on this insignificant tablet. It's frustrating how much time has been wasted on accepting falsehoods from others.
  • Members

No members to show

• Recent Status Updates

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Techredirector

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.