The World News Media

Daily text - Tuesday, March 15. 2016

Queen Esther

56e76f70c0afd_TUESDAY15.MRZ2016.thumb.jp

It is just like a man about to travel abroad who summoned his slaves and entrusted his belongings to them.—Matt. 25:14.

The man, or the master, in this illustration is Jesus. He traveled abroad when he ascended to heaven in 33 C.E. In an earlier parable, Jesus reveals his purpose of traveling abroad, namely, “to secure kingly power for himself.” (Luke 19:12) Jesus did not immediately secure full Kingdom power when he got back to heaven. Instead, he “sat down at the right hand of God, from then on waiting until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet.” (Heb. 10:12, 13) The man in the illustration possessed eight talents, a huge fortune in those days. In Jesus’ day, a talent was equivalent to about 6,000 denarii. Earning a denarius a day, the average worker had to labor some 20 years to earn just one talent. Before traveling abroad, the man distributed the talents among his slaves, expecting them to do business while he was gone. w15 3/15 3:4, 5

• Views 243
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Anke Adolphi said:

I  remember,  yes....   Ok,  I  will  have  a  look !  But  not  too  many  words  beside  Jehovah's  Channel  to  us  -  In  the  end,  only  Jehovah's  Goal  will  count...  or  not ?

Don't worry, I won't be attaching any additional controversial questions or discussions to these great versions of the daily text that you have been posting. I like what you are doing and I don't want to distract from it. I happen to enjoy discussions that can easily get bogged down in the kinds of objections we might hear from someone who has looked at our doctrines very closely, compared them with other beliefs about those same teachings, and turned them inside-out with a thorough look at all the Scriptures that might influence our beliefs -- or the way we defend those beliefs. (1 Pet 3:15). 

But this type of discussion might appear argumentative to some, and others actually believe it's wrong to study something too deeply because it can sometimes raise questions we won't be able to answer. Most of the time it will strengthen and reinforce our teachings. In the future, I'll make sure I don't start any of those kinds of conversations from these daily text posts.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.