The World News Media

Are Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to vote?

Guest Nicole

4 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

JW's use the word allowed, and people talking about JW's use the allowed, because it is 'what is allowed and what isn't' by the GB.

That is my point, if it were only a matter of conscience, where others have to respect your decisions,  there would not be judicial comitees for this, and as I mentioned before, the brother I know would not have been reproved. Unless they got a new "light" about that theme recently. 

• Views 6.3k
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THE WATCHTOWER (SIMPLIFIED EDITION) APRIL 2016https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-simplified-april-2016/maintain-neutrality-in-a-divided-world/#?insight[search_id]=a2dfe6ab-0328-4e

Yes, the way the question was asked is as if we are brain dead or something. We can do whatever we want. But the real question why would we if we truly love Jehovah as our God. And believe that his ki

I think the question is not so stupid. Ask any Jehovah's Witness in Greece and will tell you that the voting was forbidden in the past. And even now some brothers and sisters advertise in the preachin

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Nicole said:

That is my point, if it were only a matter of conscience, where others have to respect your decisions,  there would not be judicial comitees for this, and as I mentioned before, the brother I know would not have been reproved. Unless they got a new "light" about that theme recently. 

I would suggest you ignore Melinda Mills. She is like an Ostrich with her head buried in the sand. 

Nicole, you are completely right. We know from true life experience that the GB make rules and the Elders act like policemen. 

This is the same as shunning, JW's  don't know why they have to do it, they just do it out of fear. They are frightened to be reported to the Elders.  

Allowed is the right word. You are right.

2 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

So does the GB disfellowship itself when it understands better something it said in the past and changes it?  For example, the superior authorities are Jehovah God and Christ Jesus, now it is the governmental authorities.  They are brothers who understood what this meant before the GB.  That is why all this inquisition should stop. People can believe what they wish to. They don't have to spread everything to cause disorder. 

The GB changed it twice. Firstly it was the Governmental Authorities, then it was God and Jesus, it is now back to the Governmental  Authorities.  It suited their purposes to change it. they are not inspired, not even guided, just devious. 

The GB has tried to make sure that no one else can disfellowship them. Probably another reason they say only they, 8 men, are the 'faithful and discreet slave'. Discrediting all the other Anointed and making them powerless..

The inquisition, as you call it, is very important. So that everyone can see the truth about the GB. How bad they  really are . 

5 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Was the Apostle Paul politically motivated when he chose to buy Roman citizenship for himself :) ? 

Oh dear! Not sure that he did actually: 

"So the military commander approached and said to him: “Tell me, are you a Roman?” He said: “Yes.” The military commander responded: “I purchased these rights as a citizen for a large sum of money.” Paul said: “But I have them by birth.”" Acts 22:27-28.

19 hours ago, Outta Here said:

Oh dear! Not sure that he did actually: 

"So the military commander approached and said to him: “Tell me, are you a Roman?” He said: “Yes.” The military commander responded: “I purchased these rights as a citizen for a large sum of money.” Paul said: “But I have them by birth.”" Acts 22:27-28.

I stand corrected. Thank you

Question asked by Josue2.

The early Christians cast lots to make decisions, after Pentecost they were assisted by the holy spirit. 

*** it-1 p. 129 Apostle ***
At that particular time before Pentecost, however, there were men meeting these requirements, and two were put forth as suitable for replacing unfaithful Judas. Doubtless having in mind Proverbs 16:33, lots were cast, and Matthias was selected and was thereafter “reckoned along with the eleven apostles.” (Ac 1:23-26) 

(Proverbs 16:33) The lot is cast into the lap, But every decision by it is from Jehovah.

After a lively discussion and a summary by James, the chairman, they came to this decision aided by holy spirit.

(Acts 15:28, 29) For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

16 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored

.... did they used Urim and the Thummim?... have they thrown the dice?

It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us ...

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us...

The Holy Spirit and we have agreed ...

The Holy Spirit has shown us that we should not...

For it is seen to the Holy Ghost and to us ...

In those times, people of today said so, miracles had took place and ended in 1 century. No more any gifts, no more any inspired words, no more any inspired works. No more inspired writings .... aka publications .... in WT Company :))

So, if Spirit influenced apostles and elders to made decisions, please will somebody say, explain HOW that was happened? How humans and celestial spirits had communicated ....... and made decision ?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.