The World News Media

Persecution for His Name

John Lindsay Barltrop

..........and did not Jesus say that the world will hate you because of Jehovah's name. As the time of the end draws ever closer we should expect more problems as Jehovah's people. Matthew 24:9, John 16:2, Acts 7:59, Acts 12:1, 2 are but a couple of scriptures that show that similar problems befell the first century Christians and we have been and will be subjected to the worlds hatred for bearing our great God's wonderful name.

Remember that it was this corrupt world and the hatred for Jehovah's name that had God's only begotten son put to death on false charges. We all need to lift our heads up as our deliverance is getting near. Luke 21:28

• Views 339
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

......Jesus said the world would hate his followers because of his name: Matthew 24:9 “Then people will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the na

On 8/19/2016 at 7:59 AM, John Lindsay Barltrop said:

..........and did not Jesus say that the world will hate you because of Jehovah's name. As the time of the end draws ever closer we should expect more problems as Jehovah's people. Matthew 24:9, John 16:2, Acts 7:59, Acts 12:1, 2 are but a couple of scriptures that show that similar problems befell the first century Christians and we have been and will be subjected to the worlds hatred for bearing our great God's wonderful name.

Remember that it was this corrupt world and the hatred for Jehovah's name that had God's only begotten son put to death on false charges. We all need to lift our heads up as our deliverance is getting near. Luke 21:28

......Jesus said the world would hate his followers because of his name: Matthew 24:9 “Then people will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."

Acts 4:18 With that they called them and charged them, nowhere to make any utterance or to teach upon the basis of the name of Jesus. 

Acts 5:27 So they brought them and stood them in the Sanhedrin hall. And the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We positively ordered you not to keep teaching upon the basis of this name, and yet, look! You have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.” 

Acts 5:40 At this they gave heed to him, and they summoned the apostles, flogged them, and ordered them to stop speaking upon the basis of Jesus’ name, and let them go.

Remember, it was Jehovah's people, the Jews, who were the ones seeking to kill Jesus.  They provided the false witnesses against him, and they told the Roman Governor, Pontius Pilate, “His blood come upon us and upon our children.” 

On 8/24/2016 at 4:24 PM, HollyW said:

......Jesus said the world would hate his followers because of his name: Matthew 24:9 “Then people will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."

Acts 4:18 With that they called them and charged them, nowhere to make any utterance or to teach upon the basis of the name of Jesus. 

Acts 5:27 So they brought them and stood them in the Sanhedrin hall. And the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We positively ordered you not to keep teaching upon the basis of this name, and yet, look! You have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.” 

Acts 5:40 At this they gave heed to him, and they summoned the apostles, flogged them, and ordered them to stop speaking upon the basis of Jesus’ name, and let them go.

Remember, it was Jehovah's people, the Jews, who were the ones seeking to kill Jesus.  They provided the false witnesses against him, and they told the Roman Governor, Pontius Pilate, “His blood come upon us and upon our children.” 

Here's a few more, Holly

“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Matt 5:11

"And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved."  Matt 10:22

"Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also."  John 15:20

"Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord,for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ. " Phil 3:8

"and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together" Rom 8:17

"For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh."  2 Cor 4:11

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.