The World News Media

2016 Annual Meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses

The Librarian

2017 Year Text

sjjyls.jpg
Sing Out Joyfully" To Jehovah Cover
  • New Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" To Jehovah (English will be available on JW.org/JW Library App/WOL.JW.org on October 3. Plus, there will be a lyric video for all 151 songsshowing lyrics on-screen.) Changes includes rewording of lyricschanging of subjectrephrasingless direct counsel within the lyrics and numbering by subject matter in 15 categories.
  • Annual Meeting will be held in Warwick next year on October 7, 2017. It will be the dedication of Warwick and Wallkill. The meeting will be streamed to Assembly Halls.
  • Two videos about the new world headquarters at Warwick (showing the history of Brooklyn Bethel to Warwick).

14572208_925160040921191_240270273903870

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 6.4k
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to reports I have heard from some who were at the Annual Meeting today, the new songbook has been released. It is not known if copies were distributed to those in attendance, but electronic

2017 Year Text Sing Out Joyfully" To Jehovah Cover New Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" To Jehovah (English will be available on JW.org/JW Library App/WOL.JW.org on Oc

I think it might be fun to have a guess as to what we might expect for the annual meeting, then see how close we got afterward:

I think we will get some news, if not a release, of the new song book and many of the current songs will have been revised and in some cases the music itself may have been changed to suit. Some songs that have changed are:

45 Move Ahead

1. Move ahead, move ahead to maturity!
It’s the will of our God that we gain ability.[NEW] Shine the light of the truth, so that all may plainly see]
Try your best to improve in your ministry,
Then our God your work will bless.[NEW] Trust in God for true success]

There’s a place in the service for all.
It’s the work Jesus did, you’ll recall.
Look to God that you thus at no time may fall,[NEW] Look to God for support that you may not fall]
Standing firm for righteousness.

2. Move ahead, move ahead, boldly witnessing!
Everlasting good news to all sorts of people bring.
Join in praise to Jehovah, our God and King,
As we preach from door to door.
Wicked foes try to cause us to fear. [NEW] Though our foes ... would like us to fear]
Don’t shrink back, but let ev’ryone hear
Joyful news that the Kingdom of God is here.[NEW] Tell the news that the Kingdom of God is here]
Teach the truth yet more and more.
3. Move ahead, move ahead, always follow through,
And improve in your skills for there’s so much work to do.
Let God’s spirit keep on motivating you.[NEW] Let the spirit of God keep on leading you]
Find the joy that is divine.
Love the people you work hard to find.
Keep returning to reach heart and mind.
And assist all good progress each day to make,[NEW] And assist them to grow and to be refined]
So the light of truth will shine.

75 Our Reasons for Joy, 

. Our reasons for joy are abundant,
Like riches increasing in worth.
Desirable things of all nations [NEW] Those precious to God from all nations]
Are joining us in all the earth.
The joy in our heart is well-founded,
With roots reaching deep in God’s Word.
We daily partake of its teachings;
Faith follows the things we have heard.
Our causes for joy are deep-seated,
Like embers that burn in our hearts.
Though troubles and trials beset us,
Endurance Jehovah imparts.

I would like to see songs written in different harmonies for brothers and sisters so one song may have four harmonies but you would download the harmony that suits you.

If the songs are regrouped  and renumbered to reflect the subject would be helpful for brothers trying to decide song numbers for talks. Or just a new index listing the songs by subject would be an option.

In other news, I think we'll get some changes to names of things like overseers, ministerial servants and perhaps some places will be renamed, and some might be shocked by the change.

Perhaps in 2017 we will get another meeting change, this time Sunday meetings. If all the old outlines have been updated they might also include new things that come with those talks. For example, some talks may have videos supplied to be played during the talks. Talks may also become more interactive, involving some sort of audience participation other than just answering up. For years now, many of the talks have really been aimed at the congregation and less about the public. The new meeting may do something unheard of amongst us and open the floor to discuss issues within the community, perhaps everyone could get an outline and prepare for the audience participation part. Of course, it will be moderated sufficienty. 

All existing apps provided by the organization will get massive updates. JW language app will get signed languages. JW Sign Language app will get other signed languages. JW Library will get some interesting interactive features making research fun and deep. 

A few books that have needed an update like the Reasoning Book, Daniel, Ezekiel, and the Revelation book need updates. Nearly all printed production will be halted in the next few years and we will become completely digital.

A new Become Jehovah's Friend Video

3 new refinements in understanding - my guess is more on Ezekiel, Zechariah and Revelation

There will be 3 more new songs sung which will touch on these refinements. 

And of course lots of experiences of trying out a new method for witnessing.

I personally am hoping for new tech or apps. What do others think? 

NOTE: These are all guesses, I have no prior knowledge about what is coming. I have merely looked at previous meetings and followed a similar pattern. I think it would be fun to guess now, and compare later with what actually happens. 

Reference for song revisions: 2014 Annual Meeting Musical Interlude 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUSAjqlfoXc

Has anyone else noticed that the brothers are using digital music rather than live orchestrated music in many of the songs. Some songs sound 'cheaper' because of it, like high quality midi but still midi noneltheless. I think I understand the need to be wise about how much we spend on things, it's just a shame that the beautiful analogue quality of real instruments is sacrificed presumably to keep costs down. The old song 142 has synthesized voices doing "do do do" in the background, they're not too bad but when the key changes it's jarringly obvious they're not real human voices. I don't think midi quality music is going to give a good witness especially when our singing is poor as well.

On 6/10/2016 at 01:41, Mr_VHC@WNF said:

Has anyone else noticed that the brothers are using digital music rather than live orchestrated music in many of the songs. Some songs sound 'cheaper' because of it, like high quality midi but still midi noneltheless. I think I understand the need to be wise about how much we spend on things, it's just a shame that the beautiful analogue quality of real instruments is sacrificed presumably to keep costs down. The old song 142 has synthesized voices doing "do do do" in the background, they're not too bad but when the key changes it's jarringly obvious they're not real human voices. I don't think midi quality music is going to give a good witness especially when our singing is poor as well.

For example, song 57, uses synthesized voices as backing vocals. Maybe its just me :/

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.