The World News Media

Will people who have committed suicide get a resurrection?

Jack Ryan

• Views 4.7k
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*** w02 6/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers *** Questions From Readers ... Any future prospect for the dead is in the hands of Jehovah, and no one is in a position to say whether the deceased will

Bit like the fruitage of the sprit (of which love is mentioned) "Against such things there is no law". Gal.5:23. Like so many of such questions raised in this forum, this is a matter for individu

According to Gods word the Bible, through one man, Adam, sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned Romans 5:12. Romans 6:23 al

Posted Images

According to Gods word the Bible, through one man, Adam, sin entered into the world and death through sin,

and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned Romans 5:12. Romans 6:23 also says For the wages

sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord. Jesus died for all mankind, opening

up a chance of everlasting life here on earth, by means of a resurrection. I believe that Jehovah reads our hearts, he nows 

the pain people feel to end there life, it is a sin to take your own life, but Jehovah is the judge of all circumstances.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Jesus deliberately went on a known "suicide mission" and died because of that decision.

I think I know where you are coming from on this, but the example needs a bit more thought.

In John 8:22 didn't the Jewish religious leaders accuse Jesus of being on a suicide mission? "The Jews then began to say: “He will not kill himself, will he? Because he says, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’’”

It seems a bit insulting to suggest that Jesus was on some sort of Kamikaze stunt. Even the term "suicide mission" seems to be wide of the mark in view of it's definition: "a task which is so dangerous for the people involved that they are not expected to survive."

It seems out of harmony with the thought of Psalm 16:10 "For you will not leave me in the Grave.You will not allow your loyal one to see the pit."

If Jesus had not been absolutely and correctly convinced of the resurrection in order for him to compete his mission, then surely he would literally have been "pitied more than anyone."?

The "known "suicide mission"" perception would only be in the mind of an unbeliever, surely?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.