The World News Media

Is the brochure "Return to Jehovah" missing something?

HollyW

• Views 4.9k
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I asked this in the Controversial section, and though it was read quite a few times, no one has ventured a reply. In the new brochure reaching out to inactive ones, there seems to be an implicati

Aranua, I think you were replying to me on this post. I don't think I am leaving YHWH out of anything, but rather it is the men who call themselves elders who have left YHWH out of it and took it upon

What seems to me to be missing from the brochure is any mention of those returning being disciplined. Why is that? Martha's story stood out because of the length of time she was an inactive JW, a

18 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

Jehovah is the giver of life. “For with you is the source of life.” (Ps. 36:9) We cannot keep everlasting life in view without staying close to Jehovah, the source of life.

18 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

We do not dedicate ourselves to a religion, nor to a man, nor to an organization. No, we dedicate ourselves to the Supreme Sovereign of the Universe, our Creator, Jehovah God himself. This makes dedication a very personal relationship between us and Jehovah. For this reason, all dedicated ones are not only privileged but obligated to draw near to Jehovah in prayer.

Sigh.  I know you get such satisfaction in your condescending attitude to all who are not JWs here, but do you notice they generally don’t repay in kind?

According to the words above, an organization isn’t necessary to have a relationship with the Father.  Would  you agree?  No, you can’t agree.  Dedication has been churned up well with dedication to an organization.  Allen, you can’t deny that your dedication to God is mixed with dedication to the Watchtower, as all of your words fall back on. 

Definition of dedication:  “a feeling of very strong support for or loyalty to someone or something : the quality or state of being dedicated to a person, group, cause, etc.”

“If we are to have Jehovah’s favor and blessing, we must support his organization and accept adjustments in our understanding of the Scriptures. Par. 15

All who remain loyal to Jehovah and his organization will have his continued blessing.  Par. 16

From Are You Moving Ahead with Jehovah’s Organization?  5-2014 WT

So tell me, which dedication to you choose?  That outlined in the quotes above, or the quotes from this Watchtower? 

Our personal relationship with God is not based on any dedication to an organization, which is what the quote you felt the need to highlight carefully for my benefit, clearly brings out.  God is the giver of life, period. We either accept or not.  Luke 12:34

Isa 44:18

14 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

I can’t word it any better than what has been written in scripture. How disgraceful is it to be lying and mispresenting someone else’s literature? Which is what you people actually do. So who is belittling whom?

Proverbs 28:25-27

If you care to see vivid documentation (actual paperwork) of misquotes of various sources used by the Watchtower, I suggest watching this video. Do you remember the incident involving the Awake Magazine, 1/15, misquoting Raman Singh? 

My quotes from the Watchtower are verbatim, as are Shiwii's, unlike a common practiced by the Watchtower.  

JW org - Lies, Misquotes and Deception

Proverbs 28:25-27 - 

He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife,
But he who trusts in the Lord will be prospered.

26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool,
But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.

27 He who gives to the poor will not lack,
But he who hides his eyes will have many curses.

28 When the wicked arise, men hide themselves;
But when they perish, the righteous increase.

14 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

Once again, misrepresenting the message since it's referring to remain Loyal to Jehovah and his organization which is comprised of Christ kingdom.

Allen, Christ's Kingdom cannot be held by anything man has created.  John 4:21-24; Luke 17:20-23; John 18:36

On 27/9/2016 at 9:31 ΜΜ, Witness said:

I wish I could understand how although the Greek is a rich language, you said, “In Greek though there is no difference in the meaning however you may want to word it”

We are discussing a particular verse not the richness of the Greek language. In this particular verse ALL the wordings that have been used in the original texts (that we know about from the existing manuscripts) are the same and are conveying the same meaning. I may have not made it that clear with my previous statement because I thought it was easily understandable. Obviously I was wrong.

The rest of your post is continuing what you were doing with the previous one. Assume, interprete and twist things to fit your agenda. Good for you but I don't like wordplay.

I also find extremely interesting the fact that you choose to ignore scripture just because someone was not "a prophet or an apostle"!

On 27/9/2016 at 9:31 ΜΜ, Witness said:

What Gamaliel said is true, but do we use this to support the idea that we “wait on Jehovah”?  Gamaliel was not a prophet or an apostle

By extending your way of thinking we probably should discard every part of the Bible that contains talks or actions of anyone who was not directly apointed by God or in general good standing before Him.

Have a nice day!

On 10/2/2016 at 0:33 AM, ThePraeceptor said:

We are discussing a particular verse not the richness of the Greek language. In this particular verse ALL the wordings that have been used in the original texts (that we know about from the existing manuscripts) are the same and are conveying the same meaning. I may have not made it that clear with my previous statement because I thought it was easily understandable. Obviously I was wrong.

I did understand what you said, it is the Greek to the English that I am hoping to understand. English is my native language, not Greek.  Thus obeying those who “rule over you”, must be understood differently than, “obey God as ruler rather than men”, wouldn’t you think? Acts 5:29  It is this “fine connotation” that must be understood – who we obey and how, which I have earlier explained.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:33 AM, ThePraeceptor said:

By extending your way of thinking we probably should discard every part of the Bible that contains talks or actions of anyone who was not directly apointed by God or in general good standing before Him.

I don’t believe I did dismiss Gamaliel’s words, since I stated they were true; the connotation can't be used as a crutch to “wait on Jehovah”.  We can't sit back and wait to see what happens to those who have "taken the lead", men at fault and under the guise of God's priesthood, and anointed ones acting as prophets, yet claiming to be uninspired; but we ourselves are to struggle to get in through the "narrow door" of truth. This is out of love, faith and respect for not only God's righteous standards, but for His Son's.  Those faithful ones who were appointed by God give us a clear understanding of this. 

I repeat:  “Since God is unchanging, he certainly wouldn’t change to justify the Watchtower if it has transgressed his decrees.  When it came to transgressions made against God’s Temple, he let the people know about it, and does so today.  Rev 11:2; Eze 44:6-9; 2 Chron 23:6; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Dan 11:31; 8:11; Matt 24:15,16; Mark 13:14”

And from the words given by God to His prophet:

Thus says the Lord of hosts,
“Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you.
They are leading you into futility;
They speak a vision of their own imagination,
Not from the mouth of the Lord.

“They keep saying to those who despise Me,
‘The Lord has said, “You will have peace”’;
And as for everyone who walks in the stubbornness of his own heart,
They say, ‘Calamity will not come upon you.’

“But who has stood in the council of the Lord,
That he should see and hear His word?
Who has given heed to His word and listened?

“Behold, the storm of the Lord has gone forth in wrath,
Even a whirling tempest;
It will swirl down on the head of the wicked.
 “The anger of the Lord will not turn back
Until He has performed and carried out the purposes of His heart;
In the last days you will clearly understand it.

I did not send these prophets,
But they ran.
I did not speak to them,
But they prophesied

“But if they had stood in My council,
Then they would have announced My words to My people,
And would have turned them back from their evil way
And from the evil of their deeds.

“Am I a God who is near,” declares the Lord,
“And not a God far off?
“Can a man hide himself in hiding places
So I do not see him?” declares the Lord.
“Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?” declares the Lord.

“I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy falsely in My name, saying, ‘I had a dream, I had a dream!’ 

How long? Is there anything in the hearts of the prophets who prophesy falsehood, even these prophets of the deception of their own heart,  who intend to make My people forget My name by their dreams which they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot My name because of Baal?

The prophet who has a dream may relate his dream, but let him who has My word speak My word in truth. What does straw have in common with grain?” declares the Lord. 

“Is not My word like fire?” declares the Lord, “and like a hammer which shatters a rock?  Therefore behold, I am against the prophets,” declares the Lord, “who steal My words from each other. 31 Behold, I am against the prophets,” declares the Lord, “who use their tongues and declare, ‘The Lord declares.

Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams,” declares the Lord, “and related them and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit,” declares the Lord.

“Now when this people or the prophet or a priest asks you saying, ‘What is the oracle of the Lord?’ then you shall say to them, ‘What oracle?’ The Lord declares, ‘I will abandon you.’ 

Then as for the prophet or the priest or the people who say, ‘The oracle of the Lord,’ I will bring punishment upon that man and his household

Thus will each of you say to his neighbor and to his brother, ‘What has the Lord answered?’ or, ‘What has the Lord spoken?’ 

For you will no longer remember the oracle of the Lord, because every man’s own word will become the oracle, and you have perverted the words of the living God, the Lord of hosts, our God

Thus you will say to that prophet, ‘What has the Lord answered you?’ and, ‘What has the Lord spoken?’

For if you say, ‘The oracle of the Lord!’ surely thus says the Lord, ‘Because you said this word, “The oracle of the Lord!” I have also sent to you, saying, “You shall not say, ‘The oracle of the Lord!’”’

Therefore behold, I will surely forget you and cast you away from My presence, along with the city which I gave you and your fathers. 

I will put an everlasting reproach on you and an everlasting humiliation which will not be forgotten.” Jer 23:16-40

If God does not tolerate false prophesy, and the leading of His sheep down a crooked road of changing doctrine, why would we; especially if we proclaim our love for Him and His Son?  Isa 59:8

Good day to you, sir.

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2016 at 3:58 PM, HollyW said:

The brochure tells of one coming back after 40 years of being inactive,

I'm interested in something. If a person was 40 years (more or less) out of the "spiritual paradise", should he to get know about every change of teaching, doctrine in WT?

Because if such a person would be "abruptly, suddenly" taught the newest truth (exposed to great "flash of light"), it could be a great shock to that person because that  would means how he skipped the gradual arrival, coming of the light of truth and understanding. The sudden appearance of knowledge of the truth could blind him. The gradual process of receiving information from inaccurate (not true) to accurate (questionable true) is very important for a person's spiritual growth.  :))))

Yes. Teachings uch as Televangelism is now ok (we used to demonize video televanglism).... "everyone now point to jw.org on the Internet" which was forbidden for over a decade.

Oh... the faithful and discreet slave is ONLY the 8 men in New York now.... LOL.....

LOTS of changes... not even the same religion really.

On 9/22/2016 at 9:43 PM, HollyW said:

But no mention of the elders sitting down and talking to her to determine what her sins were for those 40 years, how many times she had committed those sins, and which ones, if any,she was still practicing.

According to the instructions that the elders have received, there is a statute of limitation for sins, 3-5 years, not only to elders's sins but for all members as i understand while reading stuff in Shepherd book.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.