The World News Media

Great Tribulation "Cut Short" on Account of Whom?

Jack Ryan

• Views 779
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The verse you mentioned reads at Matthew 24:22:  In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.   I can't

The verse you mentioned reads at Matthew 24:22:  In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

I can't see where God would spare those chosen ones from suffering or persecution if he didn't spare even his own son.  However, there may be several reasons why God has allowed the world to continue until now for the outworking of his will and purpose, in fulfillment of word and prophecy(ies).  That would allow for not only the chosen ones to receive life but many others as well.

(Isaiah 55:11) So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.

(Acts 17:31) Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”

(2 Peter 3:9) Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

On 9/18/2016 at 11:55 PM, JaniceM said:

I can't see where God would spare those chosen ones from suffering or persecution if he didn't spare even his own son. 

You do realize that it wasn't because God didn't want to or couldn't save His own Son, it was to fulfill His purpose. It seems by your statement that you think God couldn't save His own Son. 

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

You do realize that it wasn't because God didn't want to or couldn't save His own Son, it was to fulfill His purpose. It seems by your statement that you think God couldn't save His own Son. 

You do realize it seems like you're picking at straws again.  If you read my statement carefully, I did mention God's will and purpose, and fulfillment of his Word and prophecies as the reason for not sparing persons from death including his own son.

The comparison between the saving of people from their suffering and the suffering of Jesus are two completely different things. Jesus' suffering was for a direct purpose, to save those who believe in Jesus. The suffering of people has only the purpose of bringing that individual to God, and that is not always a guarantee that they will.   

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.