The World News Media

Why no warning regarding Warwick?

Jack Ryan

Gods organization moves to a toxic waste dump and Jehovah doesn't tell them?

Was this truly a "spirit-directed" move on the part of the Governing Body?

Warwick is almost a superfund toxic waste site leftover from the industrial revolution years.....

• Views 748
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knows what we all eat, drink, breathe, and whatever else in this rumor-ridden, pathetic excuse for a civilised society? Surely with your talent for digging you could find some information o

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150608/NEWS/150609481 http://www.recordonline.com/article/20151214/NEWS/151219671 This seems to be fairly "old" news? Surely there has been an adequate 

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150608/NEWS/150609481

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20151214/NEWS/151219671

This seems to be fairly "old" news? Surely there has been an adequate clean up as mentioned in the second report which says:

" Watchtower is seeking unspecified reimbursement for the cost it has incurred in the cleanup and remediation. "

And wouldn't the planning authorities have had some input in verifying the site as fit for human occupation? 

On another note, regarding the dubious suggestions in the original post regarding spirit-direction on the project.:

Isn't Jehovah providing at least a part "ruined" earth (Rev.11:18) as an inheritance for the "meek" survivors of Armageddon? (Ps.37:10-11). And what about the billions of resurrected ones?(Acts 24:15) Surely an adequate clean-up of the environment will take place in order to safely accomdate the inhabitants of what will eventually be a paradise earth?(Ez.39:14; Is.35:1) And on that basis, is there any doubt that this future project will be spirit-directed?(Is.55:11).

I wouldn't want to drink from water wells anywhere near the Warwick site. 

How exactly did they "clean up" decades worth of pollution to the land and aquifers?

As for your logic @Eoin Joyce .... then the next time you drink a glass of water with Triclorethelyne, trace elements of arsenic and fecal matter in it... you can just say "well... isn't this part of the "ruined" earth" and continue to enjoy God's blessing upon your libation.

"Thank you Lord for the crap I am about to ingest".... please allow our next Japanese branch to be located in Fukushima so we can clean your holy earth early before the paradise earth arrives.

3 hours ago, Jay Witness said:

next time you drink a glass of water with Triclorethelyne, trace elements of arsenic and fecal matter

Who knows what we all eat, drink, breathe, and whatever else in this rumor-ridden, pathetic excuse for a civilised society?

How exactly did they "clean up" decades worth of pollution to the land and aquifers?

Surely with your talent for digging you could find some information on this interesting topic? I know it would be a bit different from your usual area of expertise but your skills are presumably transferable?

"Thank you Lord for the crap I am about to ingest"....

...and I've ingested a fair bit from some of the posts on this site, but thanks still for the immunity from it's toxic effects that you have apparently granted me!"

C'mon @JayWitness, this is not up to your usual standard. Let's have some real news!

If I can recall correctly, years back when they had started the clean up, they improved the water results and tests showed the water was cleaner than the city's water supply.  Don't quote me though, I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.  I also agree with Joyce.  There are people suffering from cancer, kidney, liver, and heart disease from perhaps many things in the environment.  I probably have more chemicals in my home from food bought at the grocery store to the point it's making me deathly sick.  In addition to the fresh fruits and vegetables, I'm going to have to start making my own salad dressing and stay away from all prepackaged foods and seasonings except rice, pasta and beans.

I believe Jay Witness may be reacting to this, since it is promoted by the GB and the organization as a whole, that God blesses each effort made by the organization.  Two examples below:

Geoffrey Jackson  “It’s interesting when we think about the production of this [Bible] we truly have seen Jehovah’s hand in helping the project. Just one example. The brothers in the Wallkill printery mentioned to us that normally the worst time of the year to print Bibles is summertime, because of the humidity, the heat. Oftentimes they have to stop the presses. But they told us this year when they had to do a lot of extra overtime to get these Bibles ready for us, and as you can see there’s one for each person here attending our program, this year there was no stoppage of Bible production! We had the mildest summer for many many years and we thank Jehovah for that.”

On the island of Yap, Travis Brooks said, no village chief was willing to sell any of their sand for a kingdom hall construction project.  Along comes a typhoon, taking a “turn just before it hit the island and just grazed it.”, according to the construction overseer. No damage to the kingdom hall was incurred.  “I have some other good news, I just got call from the village chiefs. Apparently the storm surge has washed up a bunch of sand over their roads and they had no way of removing it.  So they said, we have plenty of sand, can you come and help us get rid of it."  Brooks said,  “So we ended up having enough sand for the rest of the project. 

There will be no obstacle that can be put before you that you can’t overcome. Jehovah’s blessing is the most important thing we can have on our projects from the start to the finish."

Isn’t it ironic that God may bless these obstacles by controlling the weather to the organization’s benefit, but legal actions must be taken to remediate a situation the organization bought into? Is this how God produces blessings for a major project of apparently he is apparently backing?  Of course the county revealed before purchase the condition of the land, since another new “neighbor” had their proposal in place to remediate.  An organization with so many lawyers would certainly take great care in exposing any faults of the land before purchase.  So, wouldn’t it be rather disingenuous for the organization to firstly, expound on God’s blessings which were so highly esteemed upon initiation of this project, to later pursue remediation for a situation they knowingly bought into?  

Mark Sanderson  “The Governing Body is convinced that Jehovah is directing that the World Headquarters be moved to Warwick. We’re absolutely convinced of that.”

Richard Devine  “We went to the public hearing fully expecting to be turned down, however, to our surprise, within 15 minutes of the start of the meeting the town board voted to approve our project. When the approval came through, we knew it was only by Jehovah’s spirit that that happened.”

Oct 2011 – The Brooklyn Eagle “Watchtower’s Move to Warwick?  ‘Not Any Time Soon’

“The Town of Warwick will then have to review it, approve it and issue the required special-use permit. Only then can construction — as well as remediation — begin. So the move will likely be years away, according to Devine. The site will have to be remediated. Last year, Devine described it as originally built 50 years ago for the International Nickel Co. (now known as INCO) for its research and development division. The company closed that division in 1983.”

The comment that is no longer here, may not one based on rumor after all. Eoin Joyce, you are right in many ways about the conditions that we live under.  It is the double standard coming out of the GB and Watchtower mouth that causes questions like what Jay Witness posed.

God is a God of light, not doublespeak originating in darkness.  Matt 23:25-28

“Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days. Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaot You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury; you have fattened your hearts as in a day of slaughter. You have condemned, you have murdered (spiritually considered dead through disfellowshipping) the just; he does not resist you.”

Who is the Man of Lawlessness?  http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2012/11/i-have-received-many-letters-which.html

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.