The World News Media

Food Why do people hate Diner en Blanc? The word ‘pretentious’ keeps coming up.

JAMMY

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/why-do-people-hate-diner-en-blanc-the-word-pretentious-keeps-coming-up/2016/08/24/3639f2c6-6629-11e6-be4e-23fc4d4d12b4_story.html

France_Diner_en_Blanc_0bfd3.jpg?uuid=-X3

Couples gather for a Diner en Blanc meal at the Trocadero gardens adjacent to the Eiffel Tower in Paris

This is an older article which explains Diner en Blanc. I had never heard of it before. No wonder, I discovered it is supposed to be a SECRET event held each year with thousands attending across the globe. Some secret, huh? It started out as a small gathering .....

t didn’t start out like this. As the origin story goes, François Pasquier wanted to gather a group of friends for a party, but he didn’t have enough space in his Paris apartment. He asked his friends to bring a friend and a meal and meet at Bois de Boulogne dressed in white so those who weren’t already acquainted could identify the group.

The article continues the story. If invited, you must dress in all white, bring your own table, chairs, food, etc, and still pay admission to get in.

The reason I wanted to post about this outrageous event is because I saw some pics in a magazine that I wanted to post here under Style and Fashion, and wanted some background info. to

explain about the event.  The pics I will post will be found under Style and Fashion, and my first inclination was to post them to show what people in Dallas really wear to these kind of events.

Some attenders  report that they really enjoy this yearly event, but I think I would much prefer to use my dollars some other way. How about you? lol

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/why-do-people-hate-diner-en-blanc-the-word-pretentious-keeps-coming-up/2016/08/24/3639f2c6-6629-11e6-be4e-23fc4d4d12b4_story.html Couples gather