Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheWorldNewsOrg

Showdown In The Gulf Of Aden: Iranian Warships Encroach On USS Mason After Houthi Attacks -...

1 post in this topic

via
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• The Ransom—God’s Greatest Gift HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM THE RANSOM We already benefit from God’s greatest gift. Let us see how we benefit now and how we will benefit in the future. Our sins are forgiven. It is hard to do what is right all the time. We make mistakes, and we sometimes say and do the wrong thing. ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) How can we be forgiven? We should be truly sorry for what we have done wrong and humbly ask Jehovah to forgive us. We can then have the confidence that our sins are forgiven.— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . We can have a good conscience. If our conscience tells us that we have done something wrong, we feel guilty, maybe even hopeless and worthless. But there is no need to give up. If we beg Jehovah for forgiveness, we can be sure that he will listen to us and forgive us. ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) Jehovah wants us to talk to him about any of our problems and weaknesses. ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) As a result, we can be at peace with God. We have the hope of living forever. “The wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.” ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) Because Jesus died for us, we can live forever and enjoy perfect health. ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) But what must we do to receive those blessings? Now that you’ve learned about God’s great love, how can you become his friend? It is not easy to love someone you don’t know. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. says that we can come to know Jehovah. As you do this, your love for him will deepen, you will want to please him, and you will become his friend. So keep learning about Jehovah by studying the Bible.— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . Accept Jesus’ ransom sacrifice. The Bible says that “the one who exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life.” ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) What does it mean to exercise faith? It means to do what Jesus taught us to do. ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) We cannot simply say that we believe in Jesus. To accept the ransom, we must do something about our faith. At Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , we read: “Faith without works is dead.” Jehovah gave his precious Son as a ransom for us. WILL YOU ACCEPT THE RANSOM? Think of how your heart is touched when someone gives you a beautiful gift. The ransom is the most precious gift of all, and we should be deeply grateful to Jehovah for it. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. tells us that “God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son.” Yes, Jehovah loves us so much that he gave us his precious Son, Jesus. And we know that Jesus also loves us, because he was willing to die for us. ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) The gift of the ransom should convince you that Jehovah and Jesus really love you.— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . As we learn about Jehovah, we will become his friend and our love for him will deepen. Attend the Memorial of Christ’s death. The evening before Jesus died, he taught us that we should have a memorial of his death. We do this each year, and it is called the Memorial or “the Lord’s Evening Meal.” ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) Jesus wants us to remember that he gave his perfect life as a ransom for us. He said: “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (Read Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .) When you attend the Memorial, you show that you remember the ransom and the great love that Jehovah and Jesus have for us. The ransom is the greatest gift we could ever receive. ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ) That precious gift will even benefit millions of people who have already died. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. will discuss how that is possible. SUMMARY TRUTH 1: WE ALL NEED THE RANSOM “The Son of man came . . . to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Why do we need the ransom? Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      When Adam disobeyed God, he lost his special friendship with Jehovah, his perfect life, and his Paradise home. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Because of what Adam did, we inherited sin and death. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      The ransom is Jehovah’s way of freeing humans from sin and death. TRUTH 2: JEHOVAH PROVIDED THE RANSOM “God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him.”— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. How did Jehovah provide the ransom? Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      None of us could ever pay the ransom for the perfect life that Adam lost. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Jehovah sent his precious Son to the earth to be born as a perfect human. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      After Jesus was resurrected, he returned to heaven, where he gave the value of his perfect human life to Jehovah as the ransom. TRUTH 3: THE RANSOM GIVES US REAL HOPE “He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more.”— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. How can we benefit from the ransom? Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Our sins can be forgiven. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      We can have a clean conscience before God. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      We have the hope of everlasting life. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      The gift of the ransom proves that Jehovah and Jesus really love us. TRUTH 4: WE NEED TO ACCEPT THE RANSOM “God . . . gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might . . . have everlasting life.”— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. How can we show we are grateful for God’s gift of the ransom? Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Come to know Jehovah and Jesus, and imitate them. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Attend the Memorial of Christ’s death each year. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Do more than simply say we believe in Jesus. Do what Jesus taught us to do. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Ask for a Free Bible Study at jw.org Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • Thanks Eoin Interesting, so it didn't come from any apostates or any Witnesses just a news outlet that is not legit and appears several others were doing the same thing on many topics not just Witnesses. Irregardless of it being fake or not did you notice the increased publicity the Witnesses got from it anyway. Just goes to show that Jehovah can turn any news even bad news or unreal news to the advantage of a "witness to the nations" because now people who read this will look up the true story and see how phony the ruling by the Supreme Court was. PRAISE JAH  Matt. 10:18 says :"And you will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations." and also " He will not fear bad news. His heart is steadfast, trusting in Jehovah.    Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  His heart is unshakable;  he is not afraid;  ]In the end he will look in triumph on his adversaries. PSALM 112:7,8 AND  No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage  of the servants of Jehovah,  And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah.  ISA 54:17
    • Media confirmation: Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • Act in Harmony With Jesus’ Loving Prayer “Father, . . . glorify your son, that your son may glorify you.”— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .  Jesus talks late into the night, imparting to his disciples precious knowledge from God. Then he raises his eyes to heaven and prays: “Father, the hour has come; glorify your son, that your son may glorify you, according as you have given him authority over all flesh, that, as regards the whole number whom you have given him, he may give them everlasting life. . . . I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.”— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . While on earth, Jesus worked hard to help his disciples to overcome their weaknesses. This was essential for them to complete the work that Jesus had started. “Just as you sent me forth into the world,” prays Jesus, “I also sent them forth into the world.” For them to succeed in this lifesaving work, Jesus emphasizes three vital needs.  First, he prays that his disciples be no part of Satan’s unholy world.  Second, he prays that they may be sanctified, or kept holy, by applying to themselves the truth of God’s Word.  Third, Jesus repeatedly begs that his disciples may be united in the same bond of love that exists between him and his Father.  This calls for self-examination. Each of us should ask, ‘Am I acting in harmony with Jesus’ three requests?’ By giving attention to these things, Jesus expresses optimism “that the world may believe that you sent me forth.”—Read Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . Under the influence of their religious leaders, the majority of people in the world choose to ignore the clear evidence that Jehovah has a united people who truly know him.  The same was true respecting Jesus’ day. So he concludes with these endearing words: “Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you; but I have come to know you, and these have come to know that you sent me forth. And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”— Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . Who can deny that Jesus has acted in harmony with his prayer? As Head of the congregation, he continues to help us make known his Father’s name and purpose. May we keep on submitting to his headship by zealously obeying his command to preach and make disciples. ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. )  May we also work hard at preserving our precious unity. By doing these things, we will be acting in harmony with Jesus’ prayer, to the glory of Jehovah’s name and to our eternal happiness. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • predict: "say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something." However, although the word "prophesy" is offered as a synonym for the word "predict", I would see this definition as inadequate when relating to the word prophesy as it is used in connection with Jehovah God (Is.46:10),  or anyone to whom the words at 2Pet 1:21 correctly apply. I submit that the words of 2Pet 1:21 actually cannot apply to any of the so-called "modern day" Jehovah's Witnesses, in fact, specifically, no one since the apostle John (although it is conceivable that a Christian with the spiritual gift of prophecy may have outlived him for a short time). So, with that out of the way, and on the basis of the definition provided above, I would say in answer to the question originally posted (which is hopelessly general), quite simply "Yes. As able as anyone else is."  Now this opens up the question and may actually need it's own thread. Take care to phrase it specifically!