The World News Media

Beards in the Congregation

TrueTomHarley

I knew Seth Sheepngoats would pull something like this, I knew it! The tip-off should have been when I saw him go into that costume shop.

He arrived at the Kingdom Hall just like anyone else yesterday. But halfway through the Watchtower Study, he reached into his bag and tied something behind his neck.

When he emerged, it was with a huge, magnificent Santa Claus beard!

He is such an idiot!

image.jpeg

• Views 7.7k
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

. With my usual lack of humor I present the Draft Copy of the December 2016 issue of the Watchtower which showed a Brother shaving on the cover ... it was changed before being distributed, becaus

The first Kingdom Hall I went to I had a tile floor sloped downward like a movie theater to the stage and podium. I had a large bag of marbles I hid from my mother. We arrived late and sat o

. .... In order to have organizational consistency, in the New System,  Sisters will not be allowed to shave their legs and other areas, but male lions will be trimmed to look like poodles.  Few

Posted Images

Once again follow the Cloud. The Watch Tower we all studied high lights in no uncertain terms to give Glory to Jehovah and not to Ourselves in any way. In twenty paragraphs only one talks about Beards perhaps this is not much of an issue. I know that dress is and has been an issue. Remember if we were to make  changes to our attire if we visited Bethel one would have to wonder why? We are Jehovah's servants 24/7 not just when out in the ministry or when our Circuit Overseer visits. As per paragraph 17 it states " In some cultures a neatly trimmed beard May be acceptable and respectable, and it may not detract at all from the Kingdom message." Putting on a fake Beard during a meeting - very interesting.  Was the brother trying to prove a point? Was he trying to impress someone? I don't know, however once again doing something like that is quite over the top. Could doing that stumble someone? Was there any Bible studies there or interested ones? Yes I know full well that Brothers in the past and now have beards. I myself would love to grow a Beard but my wife doesn't like it on me and if I did happen to grow one it would take Time to grow not instantly. Remember Follow the Cloud and Give Glory To Jehovah Only.

I knew Seth Sheepngoats would pull something like this, I knew it!

The tip-off should have been when I saw him go into that costume shop.

He arrived at the Kingdom Hall just like anyone else yesterday. But halfway through the Watchtower Study, he reached into his bag and tied something behind his neck. When he emerged, he was sporting a huge Santa Claus beard!

He is such an idiot.
  •  

image.jpeg

• 2 months later...

.... In order to have organizational consistency, in the New System,  Sisters will not be allowed to shave their legs and other areas, but male lions will be trimmed to look like poodles.  Few things are more respectable than a lion with a shaved snout.

.... that means nose area, for those in Rio Linda....

10 hours ago, TrueTom said:

My study with Santa Claus is so 'yesterday's news' if this doesn't resolve in a certain way.

I think the best thing to do is to go into same the costume shop to buy a less conspicuous fake beard, and then if he tries it again next week you can trade "barbs" with him. Last pun, I promise. Or perhaps he remembered that 'love covers a multitude of chins.' Oh wait, just one more, OK? Maybe he's making progress, and he no longer believes in "once shaved, always shaved."

Seriously, though....

You should take the time, of course, to understand his reasons. Perhaps something he saw or read triggered it. As I recall there were a lot of pictures of people discussing travel plans in that particular Watchtower Study, and travel experiences might be all he ever talks about all year. There is also a little picture of a man carrying a large stack of presents on page 22, and a reminder to have a sense of humor on page 23. Or perhaps he was trying to hide his Santa-sized stomach from his line of sight to avoid "setting the mind on the flesh" (see paragraph 10, for example, in the "middle" of Sunday's study, p.16). Or perhaps he misunderstood the opening of paragraph 13 when it said it was possible for a Christian to change, and he decided to change right there at his seat. 

I have to say that it is difficult to believe that a doppelganger for Friedrich Engels could actually engage himself as the catalyst for such a capitalistic enterprise.

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I think the best thing to do is to go into same the costume shop to buy a less conspicuous fake beard, and then if he tries it again next week you can trade "barbs" with him. Last pun, I promise. Or perhaps he remembered that 'love covers a multitude of chins.' Oh wait, just one more, OK? Maybe he's making progress, and he no longer believes in "once shaved, always shaved."

Seriously, though....

You should take the time, of course, to understood his reasons. Perhaps something he saw or read triggered it. As I recall there were a lot of pictures of people discussing travel plans in that particular Watchtower Study, and travel experiences might be all he ever talks about all year. There is also a little picture of a man carrying a large stack of presents on page 22, and a reminder to have a sense of humor on page 23. Or perhaps he was trying to hide his Santa-sized stomach from his line of sight to avoid "setting the mind on the flesh" (see paragraph 10, for example, in the "middle" of Sunday's study, p.16). Or perhaps he misunderstood the opening of paragraph 13 when it said it was possible for a Christian to change, and he decided to change right there at his seat. 

I have to say that it is difficult to believe that a doppelganger for Friedrich Engels could actually engage himself as the catalyst for such a capitalistic enterprise.

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Seriously, though....

You should take the time, of course, to understood his reasons. Perhaps something he saw or read triggered it. As I recall there were a lot of pictures of people discussing travel plans in that particular Watchtower Study, and travel experiences might be all he ever talks about all year. There is also a little picture of a man carrying a large stack of presents on page 22, and a reminder to have a sense of humor on page 23. Or perhaps he was trying to hide his Santa-sized stomach from his line of sight to avoid "setting the mind on the flesh" (see paragraph 10, for example, in the "middle" of Sunday's study, p.16). Or perhaps he misunderstood the opening of paragraph 13 when it said it was possible for a Christian to change, and he decided to change right there at his seat. 

Hmmm. 'Setting his mind on the flesh.' You could be on to something. He does have a lot of it.

On 11/18/2016 at 4:42 AM, Camo said:

Putting on a fake Beard during a meeting - very interesting.  Was the brother trying to prove a point? Was he trying to impress someone? I don't know, however once again doing something like that is quite over the top. Could doing that stumble someone?

A good sense of humor covers a multitude of beards though! :D:D

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.