The World News Media

Who are declared righteous for life ?

Diakonos

8 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

And Jesus' words "a spirit does not have flesh and bones just as you see that I have" - how would the disciples have understood this? 

Notrhing to be afraid of. The Jesus they knew and loved was alive. No confusion possible due to his appearing in a totally physical form.

That was not what I was suggesting, of course. I had in mind the term 'Mighty God' - as in Isa. 10:21 and Jer. 32:18 - applying to the 'only Potentate.' 

Quite happy with this as well, but not as applying to the 'only Potentate' of 1 Tim.6:15. Obviously both Jesus and Jehovah are 'Mighty Gods'.

It looks like your next response is one of 'throwing in the towel' 

So you see yourself as a 'boxer delivering a beating'? Poor basis for a discussion of this nature if so.

saying that holy spirit will have to reveal to me the 'truth' as you see it

I think I am saying that from your responses,  this has already taken place.

With regard to your three questions, I do not understand the term being "declared righteous" to have degrees. As for the destiny of Christians on resurrection, the subject has been "done to death" in this thread. It appears to be a take it or leave it situation Question 2: no change. Question 3: Already addressed.

• Views 5.3k
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand Ph.2:9-11 to indicate that every intelligent creation will be subject to Christ.  As Ps 37:29 speaks of righteous ones living forever on earth, so this constitutes one destiny.

I would agree that this refers to an earth-based destiny. Earlier I made a list of some topics that were more often used during a time when the Watch Tower publications often took a special note

In the 1970's, we were still using blue binders with 24 "spokes" to collect the magazines, but bound volumes were being printed.  I remember that it was long after I was baptized that I even noti

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.