• Views 3.5k
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The text is known but I doubt if all have the same explanation. Does it really say that no-one (believer) will ever be subjected to a trail that they cannot bear?? I believe it is only referring to (strong) temptations that are experienced as a trial. Still, I like to hear views of what this means in daily life. If it is true that God will prevent a believer to be tempted beyond what he/she can bear, it would mean that a believe will never fall for a temptation.

Also worth to note: 11 tn The words “to bear” are not in the Greek text, but are implied. They have been supplied in the translation to clarify the meaning.

Also, the RNWT (2013) does have a slightly different rendering: But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear,+ but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

Instead of trial it is now tempted. Others use the word test.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.