The World News Media

Single Spiritual Brothers and Sisters Over 50!!!

Shirley Lowery

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

As a rule, I am neither obtuse or acute, but that doesn't mean I am always right. By any measure, however, it's always good to try angles of all kinds. I can even try scalene new heights!

That's ok, I was always quite fond of geometry as opposed to the other mathematical subjects :D

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all my spiritual brothers and sisters! I would like to start this topic about "Single Spiritual Brothers and Sisters Over 50".  I myself turn 60 this coming year! The reason I'm writing about th

I married a wonderful Sister just three years ago when I was 67, and she was 55.  First two wives ran off, one to her first love, the other for no stated reason. You have to have patience!

Hi Shirley, I'm not sure if you are still around given the sideline responses from the men who are prolific commenters but I thought I would respond since I'm a single sister over 50yo and can fe

Posted Images

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

If I know 4 engineers and 2 were married and 2 have never been married, then the engineers I know have been married an average of 0.5 times. Although this also works out to 0.500 times, a scientist would say that this level of zeros implies that I have enough data to declare that level of accuracy, which should mean that I know, let's say, 4002 engineers and 2001 were married once, and 2001 have never been married. Only by using that scope of data would I have a right to say 0.500, instead of just 0.5.

JWI ... the first time I looked at your .50 statistic, I had no idea what you meant .. and yesterday when when I looked at it, I understood all the points you made ... so I got it!

It only took me somewhere about six months to process what I was looking at!

Hi Shirley,

I'm not sure if you are still around given the sideline responses from the men who are prolific commenters but I thought I would respond since I'm a single sister over 50yo and can feel your pain.    

As we are all aware, Jehovah created men and women to have companionship and have an intimate partner to share our deepest feelings with, find support when we "fall" and some to share our joys and happiness.   However, right from the "get go", that purpose was thwarted by Satan and human selfishness.   That said, I know that lonely feeling and desire for close companionship, intimacy and a sense of security.    My experience and observation is that marriage isn't necessarily the cure for the void one feels as a single person so caution is necessary.   My moto is:  Men are like parking places, the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped (-:    Don't get me wrong, I do think there are good single men out there but they are rare.   Personally, I have accepted the fact that I won't find that "rare" one, however, I know sisters (over 50yo)  who have found good partners and seem happy (but not problem free).   My cynicism is obvious I know, but it helps me focus on outward things instead of inward feelings.  I have a full life as a servant of Jehovah and have many interests that fill the "quiet times".   I accept that statistically my chances of finding a compatible mate are slim to none (Satan has done a great job of culling the male gender through ions of wars causing an uneven number of males to females), therefore, I refuse to let feelings of loneliness consume me.   

I hope I don't come across as lecturing you or seeming insensitive, but I  wanted you to get an idea of where I'm coming from.  I do understand your deep feelings and know we all cope in different ways.   As sisters, we can support each other by honestly sharing those feelings (which I'm glad you did), having a good cry and a good laugh ( I can be more humorous than I'm being right now).   So I would say, "Hang in there sis! "   - Agape - your sister in the Truth

8 hours ago, SuziQ1513 said:

I hope I don't come across as lecturing you or seeming insensitive, but I  wanted you to get an idea of where I'm coming from.  I do understand your deep feelings and know we all cope in different ways.   As sisters, we can support each other by honestly sharing those feelings (which I'm glad you did), having a good cry and a good laugh ( I can be more humorous than I'm being right now).   So I would say, "Hang in there sis! "  

Thank you, Suzi. I'm afraid the raucous crowd here were not able to help much. You came through with just the right word at the right time. Best wishes to Shirley

However, I have found a major flaw in your comment

8 hours ago, SuziQ1513 said:

My moto is:  Men are like parking places, the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped (-:    

What makes you think that the ones taken are any good?

@James Thomas Rook Jr. q@tromboneck @Shirley Ann Lowery Hello Shirley, 

i chose to write on this post though I have never been married, I never experienced what living with a soul mate is like. But just like you I have been praying to Jehovah to help find that mate whom will be spiritually compartible with me. So many times I go through the same loneliness just like you do. What has helped me to endure is prayer and patience and what enables me to move on is the faith that soon Jehovah will lead me up to the one I'm seeking for. 

Thanks 

Samuel chinenye 

On 12/22/2017 at 5:13 PM, SuziQ1513 said:

Hi Shirley,

I'm not sure if you are still around given the sideline responses from the men who are prolific commenters but I thought I would respond since I'm a single sister over 50yo and can feel your pain.    

As we are all aware, Jehovah created men and women to have companionship and have an intimate partner to share our deepest feelings with, find support when we "fall" and some to share our joys and happiness.   However, right from the "get go", that purpose was thwarted by Satan and human selfishness.   That said, I know that lonely feeling and desire for close companionship, intimacy and a sense of security.    My experience and observation is that marriage isn't necessarily the cure for the void one feels as a single person so caution is necessary.   My moto is:  Men are like parking places, the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped (-:    Don't get me wrong, I do think there are good single men out there but they are rare.   Personally, I have accepted the fact that I won't find that "rare" one, however, I know sisters (over 50yo)  who have found good partners and seem happy (but not problem free).   My cynicism is obvious I know, but it helps me focus on outward things instead of inward feelings.  I have a full life as a servant of Jehovah and have many interests that fill the "quiet times".   I accept that statistically my chances of finding a compatible mate are slim to none (Satan has done a great job of culling the male gender through ions of wars causing an uneven number of males to females), therefore, I refuse to let feelings of loneliness consume me.   

I hope I don't come across as lecturing you or seeming insensitive, but I  wanted you to get an idea of where I'm coming from.  I do understand your deep feelings and know we all cope in different ways.   As sisters, we can support each other by honestly sharing those feelings (which I'm glad you did), having a good cry and a good laugh ( I can be more humorous than I'm being right now).   So I would say, "Hang in there sis! "   - Agape - your sister in the Truth

Suzy is not like you are lecturing, your words are truly helpful I fully understand the point you are trying to make. And like you said sharing these feeling with others will yield great support to us, I think I gained more from you.

thanks 

Sam Anya

4 hours ago, Sam Anya said:

I never experienced what living with a soul mate is like

I don't think many have. I don't buy the model. I think it causes people to give up too easily once they find their spouse is not the soul mate they thought he/she was. Love is a muscle - think agape love - that grows as you exercise it. Having done so, it makes both of you better persons.

Of course, you do not stack the odds against you. You start with the most compatible person you can find. But the success rate for arranged marriages is greater than that of soul-mate ones, which argues against the latter. 

http://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2010/09/love-marriage-and-soulmates.html

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

In searching for a "soul-mate" remember this basic fact .... a person who does not love dogs you do not need to know .... and a dog who loves and respects it's human guardian, you do need to know.

Both the dog, and the person.

A very good friend of mine loves dogs. On any return visit he will remember the name of the dog but not the people. Sometimes he begins by asking specifically for the dog. This approach often wins him an ear more than if he had just said something standard, though I don't think he does it for that reason. He's just nuts about dogs.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.