Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bible Speaks
      17 "For Jehovah your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the God great, mighty, and awe-inspiring, who treats none with partiality and does not accept a bribe."
      (Deuteronomy 10:17) NWT jw.org

• By Bible Speaks
      Who Made the Laws That Govern Our Universe?
      “HAVE you grasped the celestial laws?” (Job 38:33, The New Jerusalem Bible) 

About a century after the writing of the Old Testament—the Hebrew portion of the Bible—was completed. At that time, the Greek philosopher Aristotle was teaching the leading scholars of his day about the physical heavens. Today, he is still ranked among the most influential scientists who ever lived. 
      Aristotle carefully worked out a model for the cosmos. He proposed a system in which the earth was at the center of a universe made of over 50 crystalline spheres, one nestled inside the other. The stars were affixed to the outermost sphere, the planets to spheres nearer the earth. Everything beyond earth was eternal, changeless. Those ideas may sound fanciful to us today, but they influenced men of science for some 2,000 years.
      1. Is the Universe Rigid?
      Aristotle reasoned that the celestial spheres were rigid. The one holding the stars in place, like the others, could neither shrink nor expand.
      Does the Bible offer a similar conjecture? No; it states nothing dogmatically on this point. However, note the interesting word picture that it presents: “There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell.”—Isaiah 40:22.*
      2. What Holds the Heavenly Bodies in Place?
      To Aristotle, the universe was packed full. He saw the earth and its atmosphere as composed of four elements—earth, water, air, and fire. The universe beyond was filled with crystalline spheres, all composed of an eternal substance he called ether. The heavenly bodies were attached to the invisible spheres. Aristotle’s idea long appealed to most men of science, for it seemed to fit a basic assumption: An object must rest on or be attached to something, or else it will fall.
      What about the Bible? It contains a record of the words of a faithful man named Job, who said about Jehovah: “He is . . . hanging the earth upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) Such a notion would surely have struck Aristotle as preposterous.
      3. Eternal or Subject to Decay?
      Aristotle believed that there was an enormous distinction between the heavens and the earth. The earth, he said, is subject to change, decay, and deterioration, whereas the ether of which the starry heavens are made is utterly changeless, eternal. Aristotle’s crystalline spheres and the heavenly bodies attached to them could never change, wear out, or die.
      Is that what the Bible teaches? Psalm 102:25-27 reads: “Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth itself, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They themselves will perish, but you yourself will keep standing; and just like a garment they will all of them wear out. Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will finish their turn. But you are the same, and your own years will not be completed.”
      Does the Bible teach that the earth or the starry heavens as a whole will one day come to an end or need replacing?’ 
      No, the Bible promises that they will last forever. (Psalm 104:5; 119:90) But that is not because such creations are eternal in themselves; rather, the God who created them promises to sustain them. (Psalm 148:4-6) 
      Who Should Get the Glory and the Honor? Without question, then, we have all the reasons in the universe to give Jehovah “the glory and the honor.”—Revelation 4:11. jw.org
      IMG_6962.MP4

• By Bible Speaks
      http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102016805
      SONG 5
      God’s Wondrous Works
      Alternate presentation available (Psalm 139)
      1.O God, you know my rest and waking,
      When I lie down and when I rise anew.
      You search my thoughts, my inmost inclination,
      The words I speak, the ways I walk,
      you know them too.
      You saw when I was made in secret,
      My very bones not hidden from your sight.
      You saw my form; its parts were down in writing.
      I love the wonder of your ways
      and praise your might.
      Your knowledge, God, is wondrous, awe-inspiring;
      Of this my soul is very well-aware.
      If I should fear that darkness might enfold me,
      Your spirit, God, would find me, even there.
      Where could I hide from you, Jehovah,
      Or be concealed, be hidden from your face?
      Not in the Grave nor in the highest heaven,
      Not in the dark nor in the sea;
      there is no place.
      (See also Ps. 66:3; 94:19; Jer. 17:10.)

• By Bible Speaks

21 He changes times and seasons,
      Removes kings and sets up kings,
      Gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those with discernment."
      (Daniel 2:21) NWT
      jw.org
      IMG_4869.MP4
  • Topics

• Our  Brothers  and  Sisters  from  Georgia,  in  orbit  of  Russia,  could  preaching  in  peace,  without  pressure  from  the  Government !   They  are  looking  little  happy ❤
    • I think that's just "old" speak, maybe wanting to sound a little Shakespearean perhaps? "Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come"...... But then guess what, I found this! http://prestwickhouse.blogspot.com/2009/12/plain-english-how-yoda-helps-students.htmlo So I wasn't too far off the mark after all  
    •              *INVITATION   MEMORIAL   2017* This year, according to the Bible’s lunar calendar, the anniversary of Jesus’ death falls on Tuesday, April 11.   Jehovah’s Witnesses invite you to meet with them on that date to listen to   an explanation of how his death can benefit you and your family. Memorial of Jesus’ Death
      Peace, Health, and Prosperity—Everyone’s Dream...  
    •  BAGUIO CITY—Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW) in the Philippines have asked the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to intercede on behalf of Filipinos who face arrest or deportation in Russia for belonging to their faith. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of the Philippines, the legal and corporate arm of JW, made the appeal when it met DFA officials this week on behalf of more than 8,000 Filipino Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia. Hundreds of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia are affected by a warning issued by the Russian prosecutor general about what it described as the JW’s “extremist activities.” Read more:      http://globalnation.inquirer.net/152841/pinoy-jehovahs-witnesses-russia-face-deportation#ixzz4ZxCdfT9v   
      Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook Philippine Daily Inquirer / 05:40 AM February 24, 2017   /  more  link  info's.... http://globalnation.inquirer.net/152841/pinoy-jehovahs-witnesses-russia-face-deportation
    • Este es el camino. Anden en él (Is. 30:21). http://wol.jw.org/es/wol/dt/r4/lp-s/2017/2/28 A lo largo de la historia, Jehová ha dado instrucciones y guía específicas. Por ejemplo, en el jardín de Edén dio instrucciones claras para guiar a la humanidad por el camino que lleva a la felicidad y la vida eterna (Gén. 2:15-17). Pero Adán y Eva no siguieron su guía, y las consecuencias fueron terribles: tuvieron que vivir una vida llena de sufrimientos y murieron sin ninguna esperanza. Eva siguió un consejo que creyó que venía de una serpiente, y Adán escuchó a su esposa, aunque no era más que un ser humano como él. Como los dos rechazaron la guía que su Padre les había dado con tanto cariño, ellos y todos sus descendientes acabaron condenados a muerte. Hoy, Jehová se ha puesto de pie delante de sus siervos, por decirlo así, y les está señalando el camino que los mantiene protegidos y los lleva a la vida eterna. Además, es un pastor cariñoso que guía a sus ovejas y las previene para que no tomen ninguna ruta peligrosa. w16.03 4:2, 3