The World News Media

Splane.jpg.w180h213.jpg

David H. Splane was born in 1944, became a full time minister of Jehovah's Witnesses in September 1963. After graduating from the 42nd class of Gilead, the missionary school, he was assigned to Senegal, Africa, then was a traveling Circuit Overseer 19 years in Canada.
He wowed the brothers by speaking without notes, talking in an intense voice, while looking everyone in the eye. He received his calling at the time everyone who was being called were being told by their elders that it was very unlikely God would pick some ordinary person to replace an unfaithful king/priest.
He started to partake as one of the anointed when he was 17 years old. (citation needed)
His wife is named Linda J. Splane. They have been at Bethel world headquarters in Brooklyn since 1990 where he has worked in the Service Department and since 1998 helped the Writing Committee of the Writing Department.

He is said to speak French and Spanish. He flew to Spain to speak about the closing of the branch there.
He has often given an anti-higher education talk called "Four Figurative Giants" in which he claims that learning plumbing is better than learning computer science!

He plays the piano and sings very well. He told us at a gathering, "I served as the liaison between the Governing Body and the music department at Bethel, for the production of the new song book."

• Views 20.1k
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the longest time I confused David Splane with a David (I think) Slutz, with whom I was assigned blueberry picking detail out of Wallkill in perhaps 1976. Someone donated blueberries- pick all you can, and Bethel quickly assembled a crew of 6. I and one other because we were visiting and had nothing else to do; David and 3 others because they had just graduated from Gilead and had nothing else to do. Even now I sometimes think it was Splane, not Slutz, but I'm probably mistaken. We spent several delicious days trading stories, experiences and riddles. The one that sticks is when he told of his volatile student offering his first comment - David braced himself but it wasn't enough. "I want to thank JEHOVAH GOD for sending his servant DAVID SLUTZ to my door to bring me THE WORD OF TRUTH!" David melted into the floor.

• 7 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.