The World News Media

Why the Earth ?

Guest Kurt

BLOGearth2_medium.jpg

If we try for just a moment to step outside ourselves and try to imagine creation of the earth from the beginning - What a vast undertaking !
What an amazing expression of love and creativity from Jehovah God. 
“You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.” 
Even from a very young age, I could grasp the concept of life forever on earth. I knew personally there was nowhere else I wanted to be.
My feet in the dirt and all the animals I could get my hands on - by my side. This is the feeling most people have - it was instilled in us by our creator.
So many people who have become Jehovah's Witnesses over the years, have commented on what a relief it was to learn from Gods word
about the earth being restored to a paradise. The way it was made to be. They too had the same feelings I did, the desire to be here with Gods beautiful creation. I can not imagine anywhere else I would want to be. In this imperfect system in our imperfect bodies, we have not even had a real chance
to even enjoy life the way we were meant to. I can not wait until the time comes when I - in perfect health, can spend endless time examining the earth 
and all of it's impressive creation. Our planet earth right now is suffering from mans imperfect rule- but that too is a sign that we are very close to the time
when Jehovah through his son Jesus will step in.
Yes, our planet may appear to be in peril, but its continued existence as a home for mankind is not in doubt. Rather, peril awaits those who continue to show disrespect for God’s creation and who refuse to obey Jesus Christ. Hence, Jehovah’s Witnesses encourage you to take in the knowledge that leads to everlasting life.
How Paradise Will Be Restored
While on earth, Jesus taught his followers to pray for the very means that God will use to restore righteous conditions earth wide. Jesus said we should pray: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:10) God appointed his Son to be the Ruler of this Kingdom, which will carry out God’s purpose that Paradise conditions be enjoyed everywhere on earth.

Regarding the One whom God has appointed as Ruler, the Bible said: “There has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called . . . Prince of Peace. To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end.” (Isaiah 9:6, 7) Yet, how will this government under such “princely rule” carry out the will of God?

The Bible answers, saying: “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom [the princely rule] that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”—Daniel 2:44.

Let us consider the conditions that will prevail on earth in the restored Paradise, yes, “in the re-creation,” when God’s Son exercises his power as the ‘princely Ruler’ in his Father’s Kingdom.

“The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.” (Psalm 37:29) “There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth; on the top of the mountains there will be an overflow.” (Psalm 72:16) “The upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it.” (Proverbs 2:21) “They [the blameless] will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea.”—Isaiah 11:9.

In harmony with those statements, in his famous Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.” (Matthew 5:5) Later, the apostle John wrote: “The tent of God is with mankind . . . He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:3, 4) Clearly, these Bible texts refer, not to a heavenly “paradise,” but to a physical one here on earth.
Earth’s Future—In Good Hands!
There is only one Leader who can successfully address the problems confronting the world. Concerning him, the Bible foretold: “Upon him the spirit of Jehovah [God] must settle down, the spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the spirit of counsel and of mightiness, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah . . . With righteousness he must judge the lowly ones, . . . and with the spirit of his lips he will put the wicked one to death.”—Isaiah 11:2-5

Who is that One? He is none other than Jesus Christ, who lovingly laid down his life in our behalf. (John 3:16) Now a mighty spirit entity, Jesus has been authorized and empowered by God to rule over the earth.—Daniel 7:13, 14; Revelation 11:15.

Contributing to Jesus’ qualifications is his vast knowledge of God’s creation, which he acquired before coming to earth. In fact, untold eons ago when God formed the physical universe, Jesus was his “master worker.” (Proverbs 8:22-31) Think about that: Jesus, the very one who helped make the earth and all living things, will take the lead in undoing the damage caused by human folly. While on earth Jesus gave us a preview of what his rule would be like and what he would do. He healed all sickness, blindness etc and resurrected the dead. 
Resurrection of the dead
“The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out.”—John 5:28, 29.
"There is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.”—Acts 24:15. blog4+Jesus_was_%27moved_with_pity%27.jp
Isa 11:6-9 And the wolf will actually reside for a while with the male lamb, and with the kid the leopard itself will lie down, and the calf and the maned young lion and the well-fed animal all together; and a mere little boy will be leader over them. 7 And the cow and the bear themselves will feed; together their young ones will lie down. And even the lion will eat straw just like the bull. 8 And the sucking child will certainly play upon the hole of the cobra; and upon the light aperture of a poisonous snake will a weaned child actually put his own hand. They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea.

source

• Views 1k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Popular Days

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.