The World News Media

Will You Be With Me In Paradise? ???

Bible Speaks

WILL YOU BE WITH ME IN PARADISE? ??⛰?               

Bible the translators appropriately used the term “paradise” (pa·raʹdei·sos) with reference to the garden of Eden, because it evidently was an enclosed park. 

After the account in Genesis, Bible texts that tell about paradise refer to (1) the garden of Eden itself, or 

(2) the earth as a whole when it will be transformed in the future to a condition like that of Eden, or 

(3) flourishing spiritual conditions among God’s servants on earth, or 

(4) provisions in heaven that remind one of Eden.

Genesis 2:8 states: “Jehovah God planted a garden [“park,” Mo; “paradise,” Dy; pa·raʹdei·son, LXX] in Eden, toward the east, and there he put the man [Adam] whom he had formed.” There was an abundance of varied and fascinating plant and animal life. 

Jehovah blessed the first human pair and said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.” (Gen. 1:28) 

God’s original purpose for all the earth to be a paradise populated by those who appreciatively obey his laws will not go unfulfilled. (Isa. 45:18;55:10, 11) 

That is why Jesus said: “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.” That is also why he taught his disciples to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matt. 5:5; 6:9, 10) 

In harmony with that, Ephesians 1:9-11 explains God’s purpose “to gather all things together again in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth.” Hebrews 2:5refers to “the inhabited earth to come.” Revelation 5:10 mentions those who, as joint heirs with Christ, are to “rule as kings over the earth.” Revelation 21:1-5 and 22:1, 2 add delightful descriptions of conditions that will exist in the “new earth” and that remind one of the original Paradise in Eden with its tree of life.—Gen. 2:9.

Additionally, Jesus used the Greek expression pa·raʹdei·sos when referring to the future earthly Paradise. “He said to him [an evildoer who was being impaled alongside Jesus and who expressed faith in Jesus’ coming kingship]: ‘Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.’”—Luke 23:43.

jw.org

IMG_5900.MP4

asset.gif

• Views 1.6k
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WILL YOU BE WITH ME IN PARADISE? ??⛰?                Bible the translators appropriately used the term “paradise” (pa·raʹdei·sos) with reference to the garden of Eden, because it evidently was an

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.