The World News Media

A nice preaching idea in Stockholm, SWEDEN !

Queen Esther

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A  nice  preaching  idea...  

I spoke with a Swedish sister yesterday while on field service.  She said that the Swedes NEVER talk about religion - it is a taboo in their culture.  Many Swedes are secularist.   The sister took qui

Thanks, my Brothers and Sisters ! ?

Posted Images

I spoke with a Swedish sister yesterday while on field service.  She said that the Swedes NEVER talk about religion - it is a taboo in their culture.  Many Swedes are secularist.   The sister took quite long to become active because she could not tell her parents that she wanted to be a witness and she still cannot speak to them about Jehovah because it is taboo in their family to speak about any aspect of any religion.  So I find these brothers advertising their faith so loud very encouraging and brave!

50 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I spoke with a Swedish sister yesterday while on field service.  She said that the Swedes NEVER talk about religion - it is a taboo in their culture.  Many Swedes are secularist.   The sister took quite long to become active because she could not tell her parents that she wanted to be a witness and she still cannot speak to them about Jehovah because it is taboo in their family to speak about any aspect of any religion.  So I find these brothers advertising their faith so loud very encouraging and brave!

Thanks  for  your  wonderful  comment,  Arauna :)  I  like  it,  sharing  always  with  us  your  so  nice  experiences...  thank  you  so  much ❤  Agape

( are you a sister or brother...? thanks )

Bildresultat för jw preaching in sweden

Börje Nilsson (aged 84, baptized in 1943): “I remember an anointed brother who was a colporteur in the 1920’s. When he received nearly half of Sweden as his assignment, he obediently began preaching—and how his work and that of other faithful ones has been rewarded! Today we have over 22,000 publishers. Though I’m now up in years, I want to continue obediently in Jehovah’s service. Who knows what surprises Jehovah still has in store for us?”

Consider the results of a survey that was carried out in Sweden, one of the world’s most secularized countries. The survey found that 2 out of 3 people considered themselves to be Christians “in their own personal way.” Some said: “I have my own view of Christianity,” “I feel strange in church,” “I don’t like to go to church and listen to priests,” or “I can go into my private room and pray by myself.” Many were inclined to believe in reincarnation or in fate. Most said that they believed that some form of divine force or power may exist but that they could not define it.

Another survey found that many people reserve their religious feelings for times when they are outdoors, enjoying earth’s natural settings. A young female farmer said: “When you’re out in the woods and fields, that’s when you’re closest to God, I think.” Another person interviewed, who did not consider himself religious, explained: “When I go out in the woods, I feel as if it were a huge temple. . . . And who is in control of it, I don’t know, but I feel it.” Some described nature as holy, divine, and awe-inspiring and said that being in its presence gave them renewed strength, peace, and harmony. As a summary, one interviewer concluded his report: “God has moved out into the woods.”

source

(we were there also ,I and my wife)

Johnny Olaussen shared this video:
50.456 singing for Jehovah - a fantastic memory — Friends Arena,Stockholm,Sweden

Jehovah's Witnesses Scandinavia

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.