Maron

• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first man seems to have got some kind of terrible news; his blood pressure shoots up and he has a stroke - now in hospital. Helps us to remember Jesus's words about not being anxious.  

I love it. Just a couple of nights ago, I "drove" through my old hometown in a place I hadn't been in for 30 years, to see if I could still find the places I had worked, the old territories I had work

. I think this could be a good "Class Project" ! Everybody that reads your question give their interpretation, and let's see what everybody comes up with! As an example, the guy with th

Posted Images

I think this could be a good "Class Project" !

Everybody that reads your question give their interpretation, and let's see what everybody comes up with!

As an example, the guy with the megaphone could have removed the electronics and D sized batteries, and turned it into a funnel, so facing it into the wind, he can, in the manner of John the Baptist who ate locusts, be collecting high protein insects to eat ...

That's what immediately came to MY mind, but the artist may have had something else in mind ....

.Your turn !

I think the man with the loudspeaker is walking up and down past the hospital building rapping and beatboxing at the top of his voice, but really, really badly, and he won't shut up. He's been going at it for 5 hours straight and believes his new composition is the best he's done yet so he wants the exposure. Meanwhile inside, a mother and child are in great distress - see the child is crying. This contributes to the awful din being heard inside the hospital, so much so, that the patients and hospital staff are getting severe headaches. Everyone is in a state of high anxiety. To throw off all that anxiety, throw things at the man.

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

Hope that helps.

Ann bravely applies the Unified Field Theory.

10 hours ago, Maron said:

Lol thanks for your input friends I still don't understand the link 

I didn't know you were serious. You know that this comes from the currently studied Watchtower which is also found here: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-simplified-december-2016/throw-all-your-anxiety-on-jehovah/

So it is intended to remind you of the kinds of things that cause stress and anxiety. There is nothing in the article that specifically defines a meaning to each picture. This is probably on purpose, so that you can impose your own ideas on a couple of these. This way you can see them as depicting some of the stress and anxiety that you face. Images very similar to the man on the left forefront have been used in past Watchtowers to indicate financial problems, but it is somewhat similar to depictions of stress over family and marital problems, too. (and several other things) But the "rolled up sleeve" motif usually means that he realizes he now has to face an issue and deal with it. The man in the hospital bed is more obvious, although there could be a connection between these first two. Perhaps the older man's left-handed son knows his father is not covered by health insurance, or long-term care insurance.

The woman-and-son "pieta" is similar to recent depictions of refugees from crime in war-torn and drug-lorded countries. Single motherhood, hunger, stress of dealing with children with special needs, and a dozen other things could be read into this, too.

@TrueTom notes that "megaphone man" could be one of those loud opposers near a convention site. This could very well be the artist's intention because something similar was the idea behind a recent image (2012?) of a megaphone being used against street witnessing. But any kind of protest could also be depicted. The surroundings are urban and it's therefore easy to see it as part of a political or ideological protest of some kind.

Here is where the megaphone idea in an urban setting probably came from. The picture was already discussed on this site a few months ago. It's a portion of a picture that appeared on a Russian site for Devino Communications in 2012 (and applied to Russian elections) even though it's from London somewhere near Bond Street and  Piccadilly Circus:

http://www.devinotele.com/company/press-center/press-relizy/

Главная / Компания / Пресс-центр / Пресс-релизыПресс-релизы

The full picture is found here

5869bbb1754a5_AktivistengegenunsereBrder

press.png

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

Ann bravely applies the Unified Field Theory.

I didn't know you were serious. You know that this comes from the currently studied Watchtower which is also found here: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-simplified-december-2016/throw-all-your-anxiety-on-jehovah/

So it is intended to remind you of the kinds of things that cause stress and anxiety. There is nothing in the article that specifically defines a meaning to each picture. This is probably on purpose, so that you can impose your own ideas on a couple of these. This way you can see them as depicting some of the stress and anxiety that you face. Images very similar to the man on the left forefront have been used in past Watchtowers to indicate financial problems, but it is somewhat similar to depictions of stress over family and marital problems, too. (and several other things) But the "rolled up sleeve" motif usually means that he realizes he now has to face an issue and deal with it. The man in the hospital bed is more obvious, although there could be a connection between these first two. Perhaps the older man's left-handed son knows his father is not covered by health insurance, or long-term care insurance.

The woman-and-son "pieta" is similar to recent depictions of refugees from crime in war-torn and drug-lorded countries. Single motherhood, hunger, stress of dealing with children with special needs, and a dozen other things could be read into this, too.

@TrueTom notes that "megaphone man" could be one of those loud opposers near a convention site. This could very well be the artist's intention because something similar was the idea behind a recent image (2012?) of a megaphone being used against street witnessing. But any kind of protest could also be depicted. The surroundings are urban and it's therefore easy to see it as part of a political or ideological protest of some kind.

@Maron should realize that some here are JWs being serious. Some are JWs making jokes. Some are non-JWs heaping ridicule. This is not the congregation where you personally know people

8 minutes ago, TrueTom said:

@Maron should realize that some here are JWs being serious. Some are JWs making jokes. Some are non-JWs heaping ridicule. This is not the congregation where you personally know people

It's a "congregation" where any one of us can pick up a 12-pt or a 14-pt "megaphone" in a professional looking font. We can even shout in a bolder and larger font if we wish.

On 2/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, Maron said:

Please comment on the meaning of the characters on photo.... what is the guy with a Public speaker mean ?

I'll try a naive take on this in view of all the "wiseguy" comments above.

We have an anxious man in the foreground. In addition to his own personal anxieties, he could be beleaguered by worries regarding sickness, disasters, breakdown of law and order (speaker guy), whether situations are real or imagined, and regardless of whether they are personally experienced or the general experience of others. This relates to the climate of "the last days" described in the Bible at, for example, 2Tim.3:1-5; Luke 21:9-28; Rev.12:9-12, and experienced by all mankind. In the midst of these "critical times", those seeking to serve the true God acceptably experience many anxiety-inducing pressures. The WT article accompanying the illustration presents a range of strategies that God's servants might employ in managing the situation . :) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.