• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding of a couple of Jehovah’s Witnesses Via

Glad you caught that Melinda. I actually wrote it that way on purpose. ;-). 

A couple of Jehovah's Witnesses were in the vicinity last week and I used the opportunity to get the latest magazine, as I hadn't seen you for a little while. I am studying with a Jehovah's Witne

Posted Images

2 hours ago, David Normand said:

A couple of Jehovah's Witnesses and a Jehovah's Witnesses couple are both correct. Low-cut is in the eye of the beholder. Unless the brother officiating at the wedding objects then there should not be any problem.  

You see more cleavage in a bathing suit, correct? Modesty is what we should have everyday! My 2 cents! ???

9 minutes ago, Bible Speaks said:

You see more cleavage in a bathing suit, correct? Modesty is what we should have everyday! My 2 cents! ???

Some bathing suits are more modest. What can the brother officiating do? Send her to change her dress?

I've been to a lot of weddings in my lifetime, some more modest than others, but none like the picture.

Modesty is a way of life

7 hours ago, Linmi said:

I've been to a lot of weddings in my lifetime, some more modest than others, but none like the picture.

I think you got it all wrong. Her hair that is tumbling down is creating the illusion of a cleavage. Anatomically it would be impossible for he cleavage to be so high. Her cleavage is actually where the lace part of the bodice starts, and it is covered up by the lace. Me, being a woman, I never noticed anything wrong with her attire. I noticed the brothers beard though!

6 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

And here I thought the focus was going to be on the Beard

Well, a Watchtower article we studied recently stated that in some cultures, a beard is considered appropriate, and could be worn by a Witness, in those cultures

On 2/20/2017 at 0:44 PM, Melinda Mills said:

A couple of Jehovah's Witnesses were in the vicinity last week and I used the opportunity to get the latest magazine, as I hadn't seen you for a little while.

I am studying with a Jehovah's Witness couple.

Check the difference in these two sentences.

First instance indicates two people in the vicinity. Might be related might not. Couple in this instance simply indicates two in number. 

In the second instance it also indicates two in number, but couple also has the sense of the two being related. 

A couple of Jehovah's Witnesses got married indicates that two of Jehovah's Witnesses got married. 

A Jehovah's Witnesses couple got married also indicates that two of Jehovah's Witnesses got married, but indicates that they were attached in some way. 

Again, both senses are correct. Does not really matter though. Much ado about nothing. 

On 2/23/2017 at 11:26 AM, David Normand said:

A couple of Jehovah's Witnesses got married indicates that two of Jehovah's Witnesses got married. 

And what would one say if four Jehovah's Witnesses got married? :D

On 2/23/2017 at 11:26 AM, David Normand said:

A Jehovah's Witnesses couple got married also indicates that two of Jehovah's Witnesses got married, but indicates that they were attached in some way. 

And the other two, that were just a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses that got married were not attached in some way?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.