The World News Media

WATCHTOWER HISTORICAL ITEMS AND RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS

bruceq

Hello my name is Bruce and I have an ebay business called "Watchtower Historical Items and Research Publications" {lisa.joeywit on ebay}. I am a Regular Pioneer and have been in the truth all my life. My parents and grandparents were also Witnesses going back to the 1930's. I have always had a love for Theocratic history and have loved collecting older Watchtower publications. So to support my pioneering I decided to start an ebay venture and to Witness to people at the same time by what I offer on ebay. Jehovah has blessed my endeavors tremendously. I have sold items all over the world including many at Bethel as well as the Governing Body. Items we have sold are many original Watchtower items as well as any publication that the Watchtower Society has ever quoted from in their publications. We have the Photo-Drama on dvd as well as many other media items. We have museum quality items as well such as facsimiles of the Dead Sea Scrolls and other facsimiles of items such as you would see in Bible exhibits and museums. We have over 200 reproductions of old photos from Watchtower history, over 100 different Bible Translations all dealing with the name "Jehovah" in the New Testament. We have many hundreds of other Books dealing with topics such as "Bible Research, Bible History, Archaeology, Pagan Origins, Early Christians, Jehovah's Witnesses, Holocaust studies dealing with the Witnesses, Creation, 1914, Neutrality, blood transfusions  and so forth. We have original Bible leafs going back over 400 years old as well as facsimiles of Septuagint fragments showing the Tetragrammaton and much much more. Come see for yourself the treasures you can find at "lisa.joeywit" on ebay.

$_7.JPG

$_7 (1).JPG

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello my name is Bruce and I have an ebay business called "Watchtower Historical Items and Research Publications" {lisa.joeywit on ebay}. I am a Regular Pioneer and have been in the truth all my life.

???????

They are facsimiles of Septuagint and Dead Sea Scrolls that were produced by the Israeli Antiquities Authority who currently own the original Scrolls.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bruceq said:

They are replicas of Septuagint and Dead Sea Scrolls that were produced by the Israeli Antiquities Authority who currently own the original Scrolls.

Could you explain exactly how you define the difference between replica and reproduction?

I notice that in your description of a Dead Sea Scroll item you are selling, you include the words:

I offer reproductions of Watchtower archives NOT replicas.  A replica may have changed texts or were replicated to look like the original. A reproduction, however, is an actual copy of the original photo or written script.

I understand that this refers to Watchtower publications and related books, not the DSS item.

Also, have you ever seen a Watchtower publication item for sale, either replica or reproduction, that had text changed? I have seen very sloppy quotes taken from Watchtower publications, but have never seen an altered replica or reproduction. If you have evidence of one, this would be very important to in addressing the common claim that non-JWs and ex-JWs have often altered original material to make the Watch Tower Society look bad.

A definition may mean one thing to one person and something else to another. What I offer are facsimiles or reproductions taken directly from the item such as a photocopy would be. A replica would not be a "photocopy" of the original item but something someone made up to look like the original = replication. Therefore a replication can be altered in the sense that anyone can put whatever they want into it whereas a photocopy of the original would be exactly that without any alteration. I do not sell or deal with the "apostate" versions of the "Studies in the Scriptures" which you can tell because they were printed not in Brooklyn but East Rutherford , N.J. Whether they have been altered is not of my concern as I do not care since they do not come from the original publishers.

1 hour ago, bruceq said:

Therefore a replication can be altered in the sense that anyone can put whatever they want into it whereas a photocopy of the original would be exactly that without any alteration.

OK. I always hear that apostates make changes to the photocopies, but haven't seen an instance yet.

1 hour ago, bruceq said:

I do not sell or deal with the "apostate" versions of the "Studies in the Scriptures" which you can tell because they were printed not in Brooklyn but East Rutherford , N.J.

Right. The ones that some Bible Student groups continued to publish after they were no longer printed by the Watch Tower. It was the Dawn Bible Students in East Rutherford, I think. I never bothered to see what changes were made during that time, if any, although I know that the Watch Tower magazine published some remarks about the changes the Watch Tower itself made to various editions during the early 1900's up until 1915.

Do you have replicas, or reproductions of the press photographs that each of the speakers at conventions (and other venues) once used in the early 1900's when advertising talks. At some of the early conventions you could purchase these photos of Russell and Van Amburgh and others. I saw a few advertised once, and only purchased the single sheet (also found in a convention report) with a picture of Russell in the middle and smaller photos of other speakers on the same page. I'm interested in a few of the individual photos.

I think I may have some of these. To search go on ebay to lisa.joeywit and click on our name then look under items listed then just type in what you are looking for. For example "photos", "photos Bible Student", "photos Russell" and so forth. None of the photos I have to sell are originals however only reproductions.

10 minutes ago, bruceq said:

None of the photos I have to sell are originals however only reproductions.

I understand. One of them is my great-grandfather. I bought one a few years ago and gave it to my parents, but forgot that I might like to keep one myself. If not I'll make a reproduction of a reproduction.

• 8 months later...