The World News Media

Do Jehovahs Witnesses shun Child Victims of Sexual Abuse

INTREPID TRAVELLER

I never gave it any thought at all!

My thoughts are highly compartmentalized, by design.

Several years ago I was surrounded in the Kingdom Hall aisleway after a meeting by three Elders who demanded to know what I thought of the Governing Body.

Without thinking I blurted out "I never think of them at all !"

There were no follow up questions.

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Risking accusations of semantic quibbling, I have to say that disassociation is just not the same as non-association (or formerly associated). The term disassociate, or more commonly, dissociate,

On the 10th of this month, the Australia Royal Commission held Case 54 which was a review of the responses of Jehovah’s Witnesses to the Commission’s findings.  The representatives from the Australia

Yeah ... I also caught those lies ...  I am particularly sensitive to such things .. because as a JW Newbie, over a half century ago ... I did the very same thing ... to my everlasting shame. .

Posted Images

15 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I never gave it any thought at all!

My thoughts are highly compartmentalized, by design.

Several years ago I was surrounded in the Kingdom Hall aisleway after a meeting by three Elders who demanded to know what I thought of the Governing Body.

Without thinking I blurted out "I never think of them at all !"

There were no follow up questions.

I've seen you mention this example before. All I can say is I am  glad my elders aren't like yours. But then again I wasn't there, so I just have to take your word for it! :)

James Thomas Rook Do you think Jehovah would approve of going online and taunting sisters?  Does online bullying have any place in Jehovah's arrangement?  And if the elders asked you what you thought of the governing body, why was that?  Were you murmuring? 

Nicola ( and /or "Guest", as the case may be ...) :

Your posts are as vague as the morning fog.

What taunts?

What Sisters?

What bullying?

As far as why the Elders asked me that question I do not remember the details of why?  They may have had indigestion.

When you reply to my three questions above... please be SPECIFIC and  VERY Detailed.

I have learned that "Snowflakes" melt at the slightest friction or conversations that adults have.

You can be honest, direct, and forceful with solid people of integrity ... and everybody benefits. ... but Snowflakes need to be pandered to, in soothing dolcet tones.

It ain't me Babe.... It ain't me your lookin' for.

Babe.

...and since you addressed my father, who is dead .... please use JTR .. it's simpler.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.