The World News Media

“I shall walk in your truth. Unify my heart to fear your name.”

Bible Speaks

Maintain Loyalty With a Unified Heart

“I shall walk in your truth. Unify my heart to fear your name.”—(PS. 86:11)

WHY do some Christians who remain faithful for years despite imprisonment or persecution later succumb to materialism? The answer has to do with our figurative heart—what we really are inside. 

The 86th Psalm connects loyalty to a unified heart; that is, a complete heart, one that is not divided. “O do guard my soul, for I am loyal,” prayed the psalmist David. “Save your servant—you are my God—that is trusting in you.” David also prayed: “Instruct me, O Jehovah, about your way. I shall walk in your truth. Unify my heart to fear your name.”— (Ps. 86:2, 11)

Unless we trust in Jehovah with all our heart, other concerns and affections will undermine our loyalty to the true God. Selfish desires are like land mines hidden under the road we walk on. 

Even though we may have remained faithful to Jehovah under trying circumstances, we can fall victim to satanic traps or snares. 

How vital it is that we cultivate heartfelt loyalty to Jehovah now, before tests or temptations come upon us! “More than all else that is to be guarded,” says the Bible, “safeguard your heart.” (Prov. 4:23)

Each day, we are confronted with choices and decisions that test our loyalty. We too can prove ourselves faithful. Let us always remain loyal to Jehovah as we unify our heart, fully confident that he will continue to bless his loyal ones.

(2 Samuel 22:26)
26 "
With someone loyal you will act in loyalty,
With the faultless, mighty one you will deal faultlessly."

IMG_9344.JPG

• Views 894
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maintain Loyalty With a Unified Heart “I shall walk in your truth. Unify my heart to fear your name.”—(PS. 86:11) WHY do some Christians who remain faithful for years despite imprisonment or

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.