The World News Media

Coco Rocha: and the Ministry of Justice in Russia

Guest Kurt

V9s6puvwmCc.jpg

0j2iA6vu6fE.jpg

cocorocha
We live at a time in history when those of different religious groups, beliefs and lifestyles often find themselves unwelcome in a great many places around the world. I've had the great privilege of studying the Bible at local meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses in many countries. In every land, the teachings of love and peace are always consistent and have truly made me a better wife, mother and citizen. The Ministry of Justice in Russia recently filed a claim with the Supreme Court seeking to declare #JehovahsWitnesses as an "extremist organization" and to ban their activities. Respectfully, I feel this is an egregious misapplication. Jehovah’s Witnesses are known around the world as peaceful and respectful citizens of which ever country we live in. Globally we encourage love of God, love of family and love of neighbor, regardless of background, faith or belief. Under no circumstances would we ever resort to any activity that could legitimately be construed as “extremist” or criminal in nature. This was legally established in the 2010 ruling on our behalf by the European Court of Human Rights. On April 6th this new case against Jehovah's Witnesses will be decided in Russia and I do hope that when I next come to visit that country for work, that myself and the more then 170,000 Witnesses who live in Russia will maintain the same religious freedoms and liberty that are afforded to other organizations. To think that we could be criminally prosecuted, merely for meeting for worship, reading the Bible together, or talking to others about our faith would indeed be a great miscarriage of justice - Coco Rocha

• Views 10.7k
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.