The World News Media

Happy 65th Mr. and Mrs. Waldron

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

Raymond E. and Lilly A. Waldron of Temple celebrated their 65th anniversary with a week of dinners and receptions. Hosting the events were their sons, Tobiah Waldron and wife, Amber, and Barak Waldron and wife, Rebecca.

Lilly A. Buchner of Lansing, Mich., married Raymond E. Waldron on March 8, 1952. Stanly Krochmal officiated.

Mr. Waldron has been a minister of Jehovah’s Witnesses for 67 years and is also a building contractor of homes.

Mrs. Waldron is a homemaker and a member of Jehovah’s Witness for 70 years.

They were missionaries in Lima, Peru, in 1958-1959.

The couple has lived in this area for 17 years.

Hello guest!

58d50d74812e3.image.jpg

• Views 549
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Posted Images

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Don't they look so happy right now? Share to spread the joy.
      These are the types of news posts I LOVE to share widely.
    • By Charles loyal
      Why Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Wedding Anniversaries but not Birthday Anniversaries
      This is because there are no pagan origins connected to marriage or wedding rings. Marriage was divinely instituted by the "one true God"...Jehovah. (Genesis 2:18-24; Matthew 19:4-6; John 17:3)

And unlike the mentioned examples of birthday celebrations, the Bible does not put marriage in a bad light. Jesus himself both attended a marriage celebration and contributed to the pleasure of the occasion.—John 2:1-11.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      FORT WAYNE—While some celebrated by barbecuing with family and friends, watching an NBA game on television or following the world famous Indianapolis 500, Memorial Day weekend took on an extra special glow of love for a South Bend couple visiting the Summit City.
      On May 27, Lee and Amy Smith celebrated their 23rd Wedding Anniversary. Married May 27, 1994 in South Bend, the beaming couple credits their strong faith in Jehovah as the foundation that has kept them a loving couple and tight-knit family throughout their marriage. Members of the Miami Trails Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses for the past 17 years, Lee said, like many couples, he and Amy had early challenges in marriage but their shared faith put them on a path of peace and an unbreakable bond of love.
      The two have been blessed with the creation of “five wonderful souls—three gentlemen and two young ladies,” explained Amy, adding that life is awesome.
      After 23 years of matrimony, the couple hasn’t lost their love for surprising each other with gifts from the heart. Lee said they initially had planned to go to Indianapolis for their anniversary but decided the race weekend traffic and lack of hotel accommodations would be a problem. He decided Fort Wayne would make a nice out-of-town anniversary trip.
      Amy took advantage of that destination by arranging a very special surprise for her husband. After deciding to take him to spend some time in the beautiful surroundings of Swinney Park, she secretly arranged for local musician Michael Patterson to surprise her husband by serenading with a couple with a song that was very special to the couple when they first met—Tony! Toni! Toné!’s “Anniversary.” Patterson sang and played guitar for the couple as part of Amy’s surprise for her husband. When asked to to do a couple of more love songs for the day, he went seriously old school and chose Sam Cooke’s “You Send Me” as a song from Amy to Lee and the Temptations’ “My Girl” as the song from Lee to Amy—to indicate that weekend’s cloudy weather wouldn’t dampen their special day.
      After the afternoon surprise, Lee ferried his beloved off to Nick’s Martini Lounge for an evening of dining and entertainment.
      Lee is a computer tech and Amy takes care of the family’ household affairs.
      The couple resides in South Bend with their five children.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Fourteen years ago, Don Ossewaarde and his wife Ruth, moved to the Russian city of Oryol.
      "My area is 250 miles south of Moscow and they're very, very communist," Ossewaarde told CBN News in his first American TV interview last November. "They (people of Oryol) have a very Soviet mentality in that area."
      They were Baptist missionaries who believed God was calling them to move to Russia.
      "I'm there to give them the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to tell them of the good news of salvation," Ossewaarde said.
      But on Sunday morning, August 14, 2016, their missionary work came to a screeching halt.
      "I had been expecting it for three weeks before that, and then when they (police) walked in; I thought, 'Ok, here goes.'"
      Twenty-five days before that incident, on July 20, 2016, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed new amendments to a law that govern religious life.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Harry P. Ryan and Kathelene R. (Everly) Ryan recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at a celebration sponsored by family and friends held at Running Deer Golf Club in Pittsgrove. They were married on Feb. 11, 1967 at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Millville.
      The couple have two sons, Bruce Ryan, married to Candace Comegys Ryan, and Neill Ryan, married to Deanne Pierce Ryan. They also have four grandchildren, Sydney Ryan, Sabrina Ryan, Tre’ Smith and Evan Smith.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Here are more of them

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Robert Fleming comes from a long line of Sault Jehovah's Witnesses

Robert Fleming travels the deserts, jungles, savannahs, and waters of West Africa hoping people will see what he sees in the Bible.
      Fleming is a Sault born-and-raised fourth generation Jehovah’s Witness who left the area when he was 24 and came back for the first time in 20 years last week to visit family and attend a regional annual conference of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
      In an interview with SooToday Fleming talked a bit about his family’s history and about his life preaching in West Africa.
      Fleming’s great grandfather John Fleming came from Scotland to the Sault in the early 1900s and when the Spanish flu hit the area he got a job at the cemetery on Fourth Line.
      One day he was literally standing body-deep in a grave he’d just dug out when a Jehovah’s Witness approached him and commented, “you know, that’s hell you’re standing in."
      John Fleming was puzzled and, after through conversation learned about how Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t believe in an afterlife in the same way other Christians might imagine it and other interpretations the group has of the Bible. 
      This meeting led to a full-blown conversion and three generations later John Fleming’s descendants are still practicing Jehovah’s Witnesses.
      “My earliest memories are me going door to door as a kingdom preacher,” said Robert Fleming who after his father, grandfather, and great grandfather is continuing the tradition.
      “Third Line, Carpin Beach Road, Leighs Bay Road. I don’t know if the old-timers are still there or if I’d even remember them. I was very young,” said Robert Fleming.
      Fleming left the Sault in 1985 to preach in Quebec and in 1995 he went to the Jehovah’s Witnesses Missionary School in Paterson, NY.
      After five months of training there Fleming flew to West Africa where for the last 20 years he’s been preaching for Jehovah out of Douala, Cameroon, which at 3 million people is the country’s largest city.
      “I was nervous to go, boy oh boy. I was there one week and I was checking out the price of airplane tickets to go back. Is that too honest?”
      Fleming said that Cameroon is not only immensely diverse geographically — it's often called “Africa in miniature” — but also culturally as the country has roughly 200 tribes and dialects and a range of religions that include indigenous beliefs and assorted versions of Christianity and Islam.
      “There’s a hundred times more religions than Canada. Every neighbourhood has its own church because they want to worship God how they think God should be worshipped,” he said.
      Fleming said Cameroonians are incredibly religious people and that the Christians among them will often carry a Bible around on their phones and regularly consult it.
      Fleming said the more traditional African religions that he’s encountered don’t talk about “God” or “gods” so much as they talk about “forces of nature” but that these forces seem to be roughly equivalent to the idea of “gods”.
      Most Africans, regardless of their professed religion he said, continue to follow a tradition of ancestry worship, where they believe that their dead relatives are still influencing the world and helping or harming their living descendants based on how pleased they feel.
      “They’ll put out salt or palm oil, things like that, to appease, say, their dead grandfather and if something bad happens in the family they might say it’s their grandfather that has done it to them. The Bamelike Tribe in the west of Cameroon, after the grandfather has been dead for a year, will actually dig up the skull and they’ll have a small alter in the home and when they have to make big decisions they’ll consulate with him.”
      In his time there, Fleming has travelled by canoe and bush-bike to get to remote tribes in the jungle, like a tribe of pygmies living in grass huts, or to secluded islands off the coast of the continent, but he never goes more than a days journey.
      Fleming said Jehovah’s Witnesses have been in Cameroon since the late 1930s and even though they were banned from 1970 until 1993, largely for not participating in local government because it is against their faith, even tribes like the pygmies are quite familiar with his group when they arrive.
      As a preacher, Fleming said he follows the standard Jehovah’s witness preaching technique of basically asking people what they think about a topic, then introducing what the Bible teaches about that topic, and then hopefully getting a person out to a bible study group where they can learn more and potentially feel compelled to join the faith.
      But unlike other Christian religions, he said, to be a Jehovah’s Witness a person cannot partially follow their old faith, and in the case of Cameroon, that means locals have to leave their ancestry worship behind — something which can be difficult for many when, like Christmas here, it's not just a religious practice but also a social one.
      “When we do preach to them and they read the Bible and realize ‘Hey my grandfather is just sleeping’ that means they have to leave these traditions that obviously contradict what the scriptures say, to serve Jehovah.”
      Fleming said that when he arrived in 1996 there were about 20,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses in the country and that now there are about 40,000.
      He said many people in Cameroon see the positives of the faith, the health benefits it tends to lead to like stopping smoking or reducing AIDS, and actually approach his group to set up Jehovah’s Witnesses centres, or ‘kingdom halls’, in their community.
      “Many people in Cameroon make the change. I wouldn’t have stayed there for 20 years if we weren’t having wonderful success,” he said.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      James and Geraldine Weimer, 19681 E. 1500 St., Geneseo, will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary with a reception/dinner at Geneseo Country Club. Close friends and relatives have been invited.
      Geraldine Parpart and Mr. Weimer, both of Geneseo, were married July 17, 1951, in Geneseo.
      Their children are Katherine (Jim) Charlet, Geneseo; Regina Weimer (deceased); Todd (Twyla) Weimer, Omaha, Neb.; Jay (Linda) Weimer, Geneseo; April (Bill) Williams, Broken Arrow, Okla.; Moneta (Joe) Willemkens, Geneseo; Jill (Glen) Carpenter, Geneseo; and Heidi Henson (deceased). They have 21 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren.
      Mr. Weimer was employed as an agent at State Farm Insurance, retiring December 2000 after 45 years.
      Mrs. Weimer is a homemaker.
      They are members of Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Geneseo.
      The couple and their children, along with spouses, enjoyed a Caribbean Cruise in February.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Joyce Pearman, who with her husband Edric formed the island’s longest-married couple, has been lovingly recalled by her family after her death at the age of 95.
      “She was a beautiful girl — I don’t know how she put up with me for all those years,” her husband told The Royal Gazette.
      “We have eight children and 37 grandchildren, and to me they are the best family in the world. I am going to miss her.”
      Mrs Pearman, who died on May 22, was interred on Saturday by the Jehovah’s Witnesses, with whom she served for more than 35 years, affectionately known as “Sister Pearman”.
      A lifelong resident of St George’s, Mrs Pearman was born in 1920 to Oscar and Gwendoline Brown, growing up with brothers Reginald and Earl in the family home on Wellington Back Road.
      Her son Michael said she had led an adventurous childhood: “I guess you could call her a tomboy. While other girls were worrying about their hair and make-up, Joyce was at Flat Rock, a favourite swimming hole at that time.”
      In her early years she met the love of her life, who shared her fondness for swimming. The two were close for 85 years, and would have marked their 75th anniversary this July. Justly famed in the East End for her cooking, Mrs Pearman’s employers were said to have pleaded for her to stay on as a housekeeper after she married in 1941, but taking care of her family became her job for life.
      In later years, she insisted on helping to raise her grandchildren as well.
      The couple bore six girls before having two boys: Shirley Blakeney, Aleathea Rabain, Constance Simmons, Irene Paynter and Joanne, Christine, Michael and Kenneth Pearman
      The family’s abundance of girl children, who spun their own fashions with their family-made clothes, was a matter of neighbourhood comment.
      Mrs Pearman was often seen leading her family out for summer picnics and swims at Fort St Catherine Beach, or on her husband’s charter boat, The Parrot.
      Her son remembered her as a disciplinarian with a strong dislike of gossip.
      “Joyce may have appeared to many as quiet and calm, but don’t take that for weakness,” he said.
      “She would put you in your place if it was called for.”
      Mildred Hunt, of Heart-to-Heart Marriage Mentoring Ministries, said that she and her husband Allan had always found their relationship unique.
      “Joyce adored her man, Edric,” Mrs Hunt said. “She focused on him as if it was only the two of them in the room. At times it appeared that she was very possessive of him in a positive way.
      “To us, they were a well-matched couple, both complimenting each other. She was always by his side laughing at his jokes, smiling with contentment. She enjoyed her husband driving her around the island, just the two of them.
      “What a legacy to leave behind for her adult children, their spouses, and their grand- and great-grandchildren.”
      Source: 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.