The World News Media

$25,000 for one-day assembly in our area

Jack Ryan

The 

4 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

Too bad, the Watchtower doesn’t have the expense of the majority of other religions that have the same per volume of followers, by paying hourly wages to their employees, and clergy salaries. The Salvation Army is generous when giving their top brass homes. They also, don’t have the luxury of purchasing airplanes, and 6 million dollar mansions. The Good thing, The Watchtower does recycle its money wherever possible. Those donations are stretched to the max. A luxury, it doesn’t have like the Vatican, with its purchases. As for lawsuits? that’s what the underwriter insurance is, for. You do well to learn, what you are criticizing the Watchtower, by sneaking in the word Pedophilia, as though The Watchtower is the only one plagued with man’s imperfection, and you don’t give the equal amount of criticism to OTHER religions, in this FORUM or ANY other FORUM, that you dare NOT ENTER.  ONCE AGAIN, at what point, did ANY OF YOU, believe the Watchtower, STATED, once you became a witness, your, ORIGINAL SIN would be removed?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5286955/Prosperity-Preacher-Kenneth-Copeland-giggles-GV.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25865017/ns/us_news-faith/t/televangelists-family-prospers-ministry/

The watchtower also doesn't do any charity like those other organiztions do. How you guys get tax exempt status is crazy, you guys are just like scientology, how they get tax exempt status is crazy....must be satan is behind your organization instead of God.

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They started out with a $3,500 carry-over but by the end of the day they were short $25,000. The speaker eloquently beseeched the audience to go the ATM machines and give their generous contribution o

In my mind there is no difference. There is no transparency as to finances in the organisation except at congregation level. The very fact that a financial report is read out at a religious meeting as

February 19, 2018 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN THE UNITED STATES Re: Online Congregation Donations Using JW.ORG Dear Brothers: As outlined in our letter of January 22, 2018, online donations v

Posted Images

We have gone a LOOOong way since we were simple Bible Students seeking the approval of Jehovah God and his Christ.

lyrics to Mercedes Benz / Janis Joplin

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?
I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round,
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?

Everybody!
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

7 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

That would depend on how narrow-minded you are with the word charity? Then, you will understand, what you are saying, Jesus was NOT a charitable man.

Just because, there are religions that give out money to look good, is not in itself a good contribution to Christian Life. Matthew 6:1-4

But, you are correct. The Watchtower doesnÂ’t force people to divorce, because the spouse is an unbeliever, or has become disconnected. Maybe you should see the Leeann Remy documentary to understand Scientology before you use them as an example. A good example is the affairs of Tom Cruise.

But, keep trying, you opposers are 0-1000 and counting! ¬¬

Thank you for showing a perfect example of how detached from reality you jw's are.  Also how you attempt to deflect the conversation to something else...what the heck does forcing people to divorce have to do with the subject? You born in jw's have no clue how religious charities work, you do realize there is more research outside of the watchtower publications don't you?

When I propose mindless fluff, I do not mind,  AllenSmith, because I have YOUR mind,  in mind.

By the way .... you just did EXACTLY what Matthew9969 accused you of.

ZING!

17 hours ago, AllenSmith said:
21 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Thank you for showing a perfect example of how detached from reality you jw's are.  Also how you attempt to deflect the conversation to something else...what the heck does forcing people to divorce have to do with the subject? You born in jw's have no clue how religious charities work, you do realize there is more research outside of the watchtower publications don't you?

Is it any different from the mindless fluff, you, JTR, and others offer as tangible proof?

dt890816dhc0.jpg

• 7 months later...

It makes sense to me that machines would be provided because so many people typically don't carry cash.  They (I) tend to use my cards for record keeping...rewards :)  and ect.  

Many people can very real dense about contributing and I see no harm in a word being put out to chip in for expenses.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.