Bible Speaks

• Views 4.8k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, not at all. No mention of messengers in my post. The message, however, was my focus. Sorry if that was not clear. 

@James Thomas Rook Jr. It comes down to conscience matter. Yet, the qualities it shows young ones and adults, makes its point just like any of the videos. Like pictures I make, I enjoy making them wit

@James Thomas Rook Jr. It comes down to conscience matter. Yet, the qualities it shows young ones and adults, makes its point just like any of the videos. Like pictures I make, I enjoy making them wit

Posted Images

The problem with Caleb and Sophia is that their influence on young minds, and on the minds of many adults, is INSIDIOUS ... as warned against by Exodus 20:45.

The following REAL LIFE example proves this, if you had any doubt !

Last Night After the Meeting .jpg

When the two year old daughter is 20 years old .... she will remember the love she had for Caleb and Sophia, who she COULD see, more than Jehovah, who she could NOT see.

That is WHY Jehovah gave the counsel in Exodus 20:4-5.

.Here are some adult Witnesses confirming my reality based supposition .....

Caleb and Sophia India Idolatry.jpg

...check out the photos on the construction hard hats .... the rough equivalent of tattoos that people used to have, to show what gods they worshiped, or belonged to......

4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. 5 You must not bow down to them nor be enticed to serve them, for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation of those who hate me,

JW  often  made  and  make  mistakes....  thats  right !

But  all  humans  are  imperfect.... :(

Caleb and Sophia?

If only it were that ..... ONLY!

Pyramid scale construction projects?
83,000 Bethelites and Special Pioneers being severed?
A hundred page and more response to the Australian Royal Commission on Child Sexual Abuse, but not one word to the Brotherhood?
being elbowed in the ribs in print and video how to give money to the Society?
Tight Pants Tony?
Million dollar Caleb and Sophia buses with $30.000 paint jobs?
Governing Body Members with $20,000 Rolex watches?
Blood Transfusions OK now ... if you have the parts come in on 13 different IV tubes?
The Society "Nationalizing" all Kingdom Halls in the World?
Regional Translation Centers using barely literate people?
Real Estate purchases of many millions of dollars for "meditation?
Allowing Chilean National Flags to fly at Kingdom Halls?
Massive systems of JW retirement homes for those in the "in crowd"?

Caleb and Sophia Merchandise, purses, briefcases, pins, buttons, slacks, suspenders and bow ties, and pictures, back car window decals, book covers, wall posters, 3d dolls like GB Bro. Anthony Morris III has in his Bethel Office, Videos, DVDs, coloring books, decorated birthd...er... baptism cakes, stand up displays, literature bags, greeting cards, Sophia colorful tote bags for girls, and Sophia cloth shopping bags for Wal-Mart, etc., book markers, key chains, 3d Printer statues of Caleb, ball point pens, and penlights, pins and brooches for older Sisters, and cartoon wall hangings for the inside of Caleb and Sophia dioramas, or JW.ORG men's ties, lapel pins, wristwatches, aluminum military style dog tags, rings, aluminum pendants for neck chains and charm bracelets, car bumper stickers, car window decals, women's pocket mirrors, flags to tie to radio aerials, put on flagpoles outside Chilean Kingdom Halls ( ... what's a Chilean Kingdom Hall doing with a flagpole, anyway ...?)Swiss Assembly Grounds, and OTHER places where a pale blue flag would look spiffy, and in the absence of a breeze, look like a U.N. Flag hanging limp. Then there is the JW.ORG blue oversized umbrellas, Unisex Hoodie Jackets, neck lanyards, hand lunch boxes with Paradise scenes, and of course Caleb and Sophia., and to contrast, from Peru, a BRIGHT Pink Caleb and Sophia Bible cover entitled New World Translation of the HOLY SCRIPTURES ... over a large picture of guess whom? Of course the refrigerator magnets and motivational jewelry are big sellers, not so much for the Caleb crochetable doll ?

The Society heavily investing in the Stock Market, and we get DFd for buying a one dollar lottery ticket?

The fact that the entire Assembly of Brothers fears what secret stuff goes on in the dreaded "little back room"?

The Society handling BILLIUONS of dollars, with absolutely ZERO disclosure or accountability?

Naw ..... it's those damn apostates who lie about there being a global JW pedophile problem, three weeks before the Austrailian Government exposes it all.

It's almost as if Caleb and Sophia had ALREADY taken control of supervision and leadership of the Society!

Caleb and Sophia overseeing Printery.jpg

@James Thomas Rook Jr. It comes down to conscience matter. Yet, the qualities it shows young ones and adults, makes its point just like any of the videos. Like pictures I make, I enjoy making them with scriptures, but the message is most important. Everything we do we must "think" before we do it or watch. Any child will be more involved with any picture like Bible story book or others, because it makes the point! I grew up with the Paradise Book! Yes I still remember the pictures but never worshipped the book or the picture. The parents and the teacher ?‍? is in charge. What is important and why are we reading or watching this? My children had the Great Teacher Book. I have pictures of my oldest singing from the book not being able to read on his ? potty! Ha! Now he's 45 and teaches his children about Jehovah all the time. Set the proper example and your children will follow, everything in its place. 

Bible Speaks ???

The "Paradise" book was not a Corporate Totem, or in this case, two Corporate Totems .. Caleb and Sophia, FANTASY CARTOON CHARACTERS, that serve as examples.

Sorta like Santa Clause ... not real ... but a fascinating lie, for children and the parents who tell the lies.

Perhaps they will both abandon the Caleb and Sophia fantasies when they both grow up.

How well has that idea worked for Christendom and Rudolph the red-Nosed Reindeer?

Think about it.

@James Thomas Rook Jr. It comes down to conscience matter. Yet, the qualities it shows young ones and adults, makes its point just like any of the videos. Like pictures I make, I enjoy making them with scriptures, but the message is most important. Everything we do we must "think" before we do it or watch. Any child will be more involved with any picture like Bible story book or others, because it makes the point! I grew up with the Paradise Book! Yes I still remember the pictures but never worshipped the book or the picture. The parents and the teacher ?‍? is in charge. What is important and why are we reading or watching this? My children had the Great Teacher Book. I have pictures of my oldest singing from the book not being able to read on his ? potty! Ha! Now he's 45 and teaches his children about Jehovah all the time. Set the proper example and your children will follow, everything in its place. 

Bible Speaks ???

@James Thomas Rook Jr. False pictures have mislead adults and children on many teachings. Easter eggs and Christ? Santa or Satan? If you speak Truth and values children grow to learn Truth not false religious ideas. I was raised all my life a Witness, I raised four children in the Truth. There is a difference between falsehood and Truth. So I think, with my Grandchildren I would rather see Bible principles taught then cartoons on TV that teach Lying and cheating and possible swear words? Responsible adults teach the Truth not leave children unattended in any way to take on the morals of this world or cartoons. Jesus loved children he said we must be like children, Meek and teachable. I feel let us guide them before the world ? does. Grateful my children Love Jehovah and are teaching them. What ever we have in videos, they are a blessing I feel. Thank you for your thoughts though. I've been in the Truth 48 years now. I see blessings comings. I say "let go and let Jehovah guide you." That is still teaching me many things. Thank you Jehovah for having patience with me! 

???

Ecclesiastes 7:16 NLT - "So don’t be too good or too wise! Why destroy yourself?"

This translation makes it easier to see in it the expression: "Perfect is the enemy of good." (Which might be a difficult meaning to grasp for non-native speakers of English.) It might not be about what we "show" but about putting too much effort into being good or wise.

Your point @Eoin Joyce is appreciated.

@Eoin Joyce resorting to attacking the messenger rather than his message? 

Sometimes when we don't like an irrefutable truth it is easier to attack the messenger.

While I might not think we can actually do anything about this now in actuality.... I know past generations of brothers COULD have created cartoons in the 1970's..... but they didn't. WHY?

Possibly for the same reasons outlined above.

I would put this topic on the same level as a previous rant of mine:

http://www.jw-archive.org/post/131848915923/may-the-force-be-with-you-star-wars-and-the

@The Librarian I was not allowed to watch these movies, even though my Husband watched them, I had very strict upbringing. Not even cartoons? I always went in service and never was interested. My Dad was an elder over 65 years. My children I was strict with when I could, but was not the head of the house. I wonder if Jesus were alive today if he would have gone or talked about it. I know I have my own conscience, but it was just how I was raised. No judgment here, just we are all different. ????