The World News Media

Memorial Bible Reading - Daytime Events Nisan 13 and Events After Sunset Nisan 14

The Librarian

Part of a series on: The Memorial > 

Daytime Events Nisan 13

Matthew 26:17-19

17 On the first day of the Unleavened Bread,+ the disciples came to Jesus, saying: “Where do you want us to prepare for you to eat the Passover?”+ 18 He said: “Go into the city to So-and-so and say to him, ‘The Teacher says: “My appointed time is near; I will celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your home.”’” 19 So the disciples did as Jesus instructed them and prepared for the Passover.

Luke 22:7-13

The first day of the Unleavened Bread now arrived, on which the Passover sacrifice must be offered;+ so Jesus sent Peter and John, saying: “Go and get the Passover ready for us to eat.”+ They said to him: “Where do you want us to get it ready?” 10 He said to them: “Look! When you enter into the city, a man carrying an earthenware water jar will meet you. Follow him into the house that he enters.+ 11 And say to the landlord of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you: “Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?”’ 12 And that man will show you a large, furnished upper room. Get it ready there.” 13 So they left and found it just as he had told them, and they prepared for the Passover.

Events after sunset - Nisan 14

Matthew 26:20-56

20 When evening came,+ he was reclining at the table with the 12 disciples.+ 21 While they were eating, he said: “Truly I say to you, one of you will betray me.”+ 22 Being very much grieved at this, each and every one began to say to him: “Lord, it is not I, is it?” 23 In reply he said: “The one who dips his hand with me into the bowl is the one who will betray me.+ 24 True, the Son of man is going away, just as it is written about him, but woe+ to that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed!+ It would have been better for that man if he had not been born.”+ 25 Judas, who was about to betray him, replied: “It is not I, is it, Rabbi?” Jesus said to him: “You yourself said it.”
26 As they continued eating, Jesus took a loaf, and after saying a blessing, he broke it,+ and giving it to the disciples, he said: “Take, eat. This means my body.”+ 27 And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you,+ 28 for this means my ‘blood+ of the covenant,’+which is to be poured out in behalf of many+ for forgiveness of sins.+ 29 But I say to you: I will by no means drink again any of this product of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in the Kingdom of my Father.”+ 30 Finally, after singing praises,* they went out to the Mount of Olives.+
31 Then Jesus said to them: “All of you will be stumbled in connection with me on this night, for it is written: ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered about.’+ 32 But after I have been raised up, I will go ahead of you into Gal′i·lee.”+ 33 But Peter, in response, said to him: “Although all the others are stumbled in connection with you, I will never be stumbled!”+ 34 Jesus said to him: “Truly I say to you, on this night, before a rooster crows, you will disown me three times.”+ 35 Peter said to him: “Even if I should have to die with you, I will by no means disown you.”+ All the other disciples also said the same thing.
36 Then Jesus came with them to the spot called Geth·sem′a·ne,+ and he said to the disciples: “Sit down here while I go over there and pray.”+ 37 And taking along Peter and the two sons of Zeb′e·dee, he began to feel grieved and to be greatly troubled.+ 38 Then he said to them: “I am* deeply grieved, even to death. Stay here and keep on the watch with me.”+ 39 And going a little way forward, he fell facedown, praying:+ “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup+ pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.”+
40 He returned to the disciples and found them sleeping, and he said to Peter: “Could you not so much as keep on the watch for one hour with me?+ 41 Keep on the watch+ and pray continually,+ so that you may not enter into temptation.+ The spirit, of course, is eager,* but the flesh is weak.”+ 42 Again, a second time, he went off and prayed: “My Father, if it is not possible for this to pass away unless I drink it, let your will take place.”+ 43 And he came again and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. 44 So leaving them, he again went off and prayed for a third time, saying once more the same thing. 45 Then he returned to the disciples and said to them: “At such a time as this, you are sleeping and resting! Look! The hour has drawn near for the Son of man to be betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46 Get up, let us go. Look! My betrayer has drawn near.” 47 While he was still speaking, look! Judas, one of the Twelve, came and with him a large crowd with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people.+
48 Now his betrayer had given them a sign, saying: “Whoever it is I kiss, he is the one; take him into custody.” 49 And going straight up to Jesus, he said: “Greetings, Rabbi!” and gave him a tender kiss. 50 But Jesus said to him: “Fellow, for what purpose are you present?”+ Then they came forward and seized Jesus and took him into custody. 51 But look! one of those with Jesus reached out his hand and drew his sword and struck the slave of the high priest, taking off his ear.+ 52 Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place,+ for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.+ 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels?+ 54 In that case, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must take place this way?” 55 In that hour Jesus said to the crowds: “Did you come out to arrest me with swords and clubs as against a robber? Day after day I used to sit in the temple teaching,+ and yet you did not take me into custody.+ 56 But all of this has taken place for the writings* of the prophets to be fulfilled.”+ Then all the disciples abandoned him and fled.+

Family Worship Ideas

For Older Children

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived - 2006

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 20.00.16.png

gt-E Jesus' Final Passover is at Hand 02.JPGScreen Shot 2015-02-22 at 20.02.23.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 20.07.08.pngScreen Shot 2015-02-22 at 20.07.38.pngScreen Shot 2015-02-22 at 20.07.51.png

For Younger Children

My Book of Bible Stories - 2004.

My-E 2006 In An Upstairs Room 99 01.JPGMy-E 2006 In An Upstairs Room 99 02.JPG

Next you'll want to read:

• Views 221
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

Part of a series on: The Memorial >    Daytime Events Nisan 13 Matthew 26:17-19 17 On the first day of the Unleavened Bread,+ the disciples came to Jesus,

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.