The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses former members tell court they were subjected to ‘total control’

Guest Nicole

• Views 13.1k
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baloney.   

How WE see us: How some RUSSIANS sees us:

No one is pressured into doing anything they don`t want to, Jehovah wants willingness not forced

Posted Images

4 hours ago, AveragePub said:

Yes!

So, you would perceive the fourth deceitful beast in Daniel's prophesy that comes against God's holy people, the meaning of which is concealed until the time of the end - before Armageddon?  Dan 7:21,22

I ask this, because this knowledge is revealed as a result of Christ opening the scrolls.  Rev 20:11,12; Dan 12:10,3; Rev 5:1,2,5-9; Amos 3:7

This powerful beast successfully overcomes God's anointed people, creating a culture of control.   Rev 9:3-6,10; 13:7,10; 2 Pet 2:20; Col 2:8

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Should I apologize to JTR or not? If he wasn't so clearly on the other side,

I think you should apologize to him, as he is not on the other side, but merely on "The Far Side" and allowances  have to be made for that, surely :)

10 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

"Stick to the topic: total control! 

It is of interest that the very arguments that the ones on the "outside" like the anti-cultist apostates from the Russian Ministry of Injustice say about "disfellowshipping"  and "some" here on this forum about those having "total control"  are EXACTLY the same arguments Korah brought up in Numbers Cp. 16. Like those taking the lead in Jehovah's Organization are "tyrannical"  "Now do you also want to make yourself an absolute ruler over us? as well as "Why, then, should you exalt yourselves above the congregation of Jehovah?  Num 16. Those were the words the REBELS said not the loyal ones!  Jehovah says showing such disrespect to his imperfect human reps such as Moses and Aaron was showing disrespect to Him. And we know what happened.

41 minutes ago, Bible Speaks said:

@bruceq Believe or not I woke up this morning saying I have to post on Korah today! So many I see are rebelling against Jehovah! The sound recordings on this are wonderful have to look it up! My XFriend is a REBEL AGAINST JEHOVAH! B|:D:ph34r: 

Yes the arguments of opposers about "disfellowshipping" and other murmuring never gets old, its all the same arguments. I had a cousin who was an elder back in the late 1970's who became an apostate and use to picket District Conventions and write letters to the wives of Elders to try and sway them. He did this for years UNTIL a news report came out about him in the newspaper about how he was arrested for being a john to a prostitute. Interestingly he suddenly stopped picketing at the Conventions. LOL. As Jesus said eventually "by their fruits you will recognize them" Matt. 7.

@bruceq Prople need to run from something? Perhaps themselves? Sad they don't look ? in the mirror? Who is perfect? However, I let Jehovah be my judge, His Son Our Lord He has giving this position to. You know it's frightful to fall into the hands of God. 

Vengeance Belongs to Jehovah. Unless a person is qualified as executioner of vengeance by appointment of Jehovah, or by being designated as such by his Word, he does wrong if he attempts to avenge himself or others. “Vengeance is mine, and retribution,” says Jehovah. (De 32:35) God is addressed by the psalmist: “O God of acts of vengeance, Jehovah.” (Ps 94:1) Accordingly, the individual is condemned by God if he bears a grudge or seeks personal vengeance for real or fancied wrongs done to himself or to someone else.—Le 19:18; Ro 12:19; Heb 10:30.

Jehovah’s vengeance has a purpose. Jehovah’s vengeance brings relief and benefit when he acts in behalf of those who trust in him; additionally, it procures praise to him as the just Judge. The psalmist says: “The righteous one will rejoice because he has beheld the vengeance. . . . And mankind will say: ‘Surely there is fruitage for the righteous one. Surely there exists a God that is judging in the earth.’” (Ps 58:10, 11) Therefore, the primary purpose for God’s taking vengeance is to uphold his sovereignty and glorify his own name. (Ex 14:18;Ps 83:13-18; Isa 25:1-5; Eze 25:14, 17; 38:23) His action also vindicates his servants as being truly his representatives and delivers them from undesirable circumstances.—Ex 14:31; 15:11-16; Eze 37:16, 21-23; Ps 135:14; 148:14; Pr 21:18.

O.o:/B|:x

2 hours ago, bruceq said:

It is of interest that the very arguments that the ones on the "outside" like the anti-cultist apostates from the Russian Ministry of Injustice say about "disfellowshipping"  and "some" here on this forum about those having "total control"  are EXACTLY the same arguments Korah brought up in Numbers Cp. 16. Like those taking the lead in Jehovah's Organization are "tyrannical"  "Now do you also want to make yourself an absolute ruler over us? as well as "Why, then, should you exalt yourselves above the congregation of Jehovah?  Num 16. Those were the words the REBELS said not the loyal ones!  Jehovah says showing such disrespect to his imperfect human reps such as Moses and Aaron was showing disrespect to Him. And we know what happened.

You would have a point if the GB was anything like Moses, a prophet that God spoke directly to and who was commissioned to lead God’s people out of slavery to men.  He acted as mediator between the people and God.  Exod 3:10

The GB is not inspired though, words they have rightly said, and their actions and misdirection does prove it.  Yet, they appear to relish the idea of being mediator between God and men.

Isn’t that Jesus’ role?  1 Tim 2:5,6

So, who really is displaying the attitude of Korah?  

In the vision of Jesus on the holy mountain, (Matt 17:1-5; 2 Pet 1:18)  Elijah and Moses appeared at his side.  Do you know why?  The identities of both, announcing the iniquities of God’s people and leading them out from slavery to men is seen in the “two witnesses” of Revelation 11:3 and Zech 4:11-14. (Matt 17:11; Luke 1:17) (Rev 13:16,17,7,10; 9:5,10,14)

Slavery does exist in the organization, (Col 2:8) otherwise the scriptures explaining its presence toward God’s anointed ones…are invalid.  There is a symbolic “Egypt” in Rev 11:8 where those who refuse to wear the “mark” of slavery that the organization has placed upon God’s people, are “killed”, disfellowshipped.  Rev 13:15; 14:9-13

Why?  For following their Master, Christ.  John 15:20  These are God’s people who listen to his call to “come out” in Rev 18:4.  Rev 9:13,14; Matt 25:6; Isa 42:7; Nahum 1:13,15; Ps 107:14

Luke 21:8 - "Then He said, “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Don’t follow them."GB

Christ is Truth, our only Mediator, Master and salvation.  The organization is called "truth", the GB acts as mediator and the organization touts to be salvation.  Clearly, the organization and GB are saying "I am he", a very 'Korah-like' attitude.  

2 Thess 2:9-12

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.