The World News Media

(Russia) Pyotr Krivokulsky remembers the summer of 1945 when the brothers were tried and sent to various camps. "In the camp where I was, many prisoners showed an interest in the truth. One prisoner, a clergyman, quickly understood the truth and took his stand for Jehovah." Nevertheless, conditions were harsh. "One inspector told me: ‘Your Jehovah won’t free you from here.’ My daily ration was 10 ounces of bread and a cup of water. I repeatedly asked Jehovah to give me the strength to endure.

(Jer. 15:15) The labor camp court sentenced me to ten years of maximum-security for ‘agitation and propaganda against Soviet authority.’ I was told that if I didn’t renounce my faith, these [criminals] would do anything to me that they were told to do. I weighed only 80 pounds and could barely walk. But even there, I was able to find ones who were favorably disposed toward the truth. Once when praying, an elderly man approached me and asked, ‘What did you do to end up in this hell?’

Learning that I was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, he sat down, embraced me, and kissed me. Then he said: ‘Sonny, I have wanted to learn about the Bible for so long! Will you please teach me?’ My happiness knew no bounds. I had sewed several old scraps from the Gospels into my tattered clothes, so I immediately pulled them out. His eyes filled with tears. He told me that he worked in the camp’s mess hall and that he would feed me. He grew spiritually, and I gained strength.

I was sure that Jehovah had made this arrangement. After a few months, he was set free, and I was taken to another camp where conditions were much better. I was happy to be conducting Bible studies with four prisoners. In 1952 the camp foremen found us with literature. When our sentences were read, none of my Bible students panicked. I was so happy about that! All four of us were sentenced to 25 years in the camps. I got an extra 25 years in a maximum-security camp and 10 years in exile.

Leaving the room, we thanked Jehovah for supporting us. The guards were astonished, wondering what we were happy about. We were split up and sent to different camps while I was sent to the maximum-security camp in Vorkuta.” (2008 Yearbook)

IMG_2022.PNG

• Views 709
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Russia) Pyotr Krivokulsky remembers the summer of 1945 when the brothers were tried and sent to various camps. "In the camp where I was, many prisoners showed an interest in the truth. One prisoner,

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.