Micah Ong

What gives them the right to insert YHWH so that the the scriptures are manipulated to suit the their doctrine?

The Librarian

Please consider starting a new topic and possibly referring to this post. This topic is now enormous. Thank you.

Message added by The Librarian

11 minutes ago, Micah Ong said:

YAHWEH is NOT a HEBREW NAME. It is ARAMAIC, which is closely related to HEBREW.

Aramaic replaced ancient Paleo Hebrew and nearly all the existing manuscripts, including the Masoretic text and the Dead Sea Scrolls, are in the Babylonian Aramaic alphabet.

These four letters YHWH are Babylonian Aramaic. They are NOT SACRED and they are NOT HOLY.

That's a jump in logic that requires you to believe that the same name (YHWH, not a specific pronunciation) was added in about 6,000+ places in the Hebrew Bible. It turns this entire topic on its head because it means that you reject all the evidence for the correctness of the Hebrew text. And then you see it as a problem that Witnesses generally believe that the Greek text was tampered with.

This is one of the reasons I wanted to start a brand new topic that goes through much of the scholarly evidence about the relevant Bible texts, but sticks more closely to that evidence and does not veer off on so many other topics.

8 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

That's a jump in logic that requires you to believe that the same name was added in about 6,000+ places in the Hebrew Bible.

Don't forget they were all copies.  There is absolutely NO PROOF that the Tetragrammaton was ever in the text of Scriptures prior to the Babylonian captivity and up to the time of Malachi.

2 minutes ago, Micah Ong said:

Don't forget they were all copies.  There is absolutely NO PROOF that the Tetragrammaton was ever in the text of Scriptures prior to the Babylonian captivity and up to the time of Malachi.

I think this is backwards. The evidence shows that the name was used more often in the earlier texts and began to be replaced in later texts. The entire book of Esther, for example, which was written later than the Babylonian Captivity, does not contain the name YHWH at all. Later Psalms show the same evidence. Books that scholars date as later, even where most fundamentalist believers do not accept the dates (Daniel, Ecclesiastes) also provide some pieces of evidence to the same trend.

2 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

The entire book of Esther, for example, which was written later than the Babylonian Captivity, does not contain the name YHWH at all.

Interesting....

A portion of the Dead Sea Scroll of Psalms 119:59-64, written in the Aramaic (Babylonian) alphabet. The text is Talmudic-Babylonian (Aramaic) and is no older than perhaps around 30BC-50AD. While scholars will wail and scream, these scrolls appear to be made by a sect of Babylonian Jews and could date from 100-700AD and not from the time before Christ at all as alleged. Some want these texts to be very old so they can authenticate the Tetragrammatons’ and or other teachings they now claim the Christians stole or borrowed from the Essenes. There existed in Israel up to the eighth century Jews who used these caves. The artifacts found in them demonstrate a continuous use for several centuries. The scroll is said to be from the library of the Essenes but this cannot be proven. We are told without proof that the Essenes devoted their lives to expunge from the manuscripts corruptions placed in them by Babylonian tainted scribes. Yet they used Babylonian Aramaic themselves. So they did not distance themselves very far from the other Babylonian returnees. We do not know if this Psalm scroll was considered by them to be authentic or among those that were corrupted.

6 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

Good point @bruceq  !!

Obviously missing the point of the scripture.  It's the person/identity of the aforementioned Jesus Son of God.

@JW Insider If you take a look at the four letters YHWH in the Dead Sea Scrolls , they are FOREIGN to the rest of the script both as to STYLE and also the SLANT of the letters. These are in PALEO Hebrew an ancient alphabet prior to the Babylonian captivity. They are not in conformity with the previous written script. They are not even inserted in the manuscript level with the surrounding text. This shows that this is a FORGERY and an INTERPOLATION. Thus, the four letters YHWH are a careful FRAUD. The scripting is Aramaic Babylonian rabbinical writing and did not come into practice until after the Babylonian captivity.

“YHWH”, can NEVER mean “I AM” or “I EXIST” or “I BE”.

“hayah or hayaw” meaning “to be or exist”, AH in Hebrew means a first or singular person, hence AH-Hayah means that I EXIST, or I BE, or I AM, so this is how you know the true name of the Most High, I AM = AHAYAH.

So in Exodus 3:13-15. I AM THAT I AM = AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH in Hebrew. Ahayah is the God of the Israelites. He told Moses to let the children of Israelites know that, I AM = AHAYAH hath sent me. His name shall remain FOREVER.

Micah Ong: These four letters YHWH are Babylonian Aramaic. They are NOT SACRED and they are NOT HOLY.

I agree, that YHWH is not sacred, and it was never intended to be and should be uttered to glorify God with his proper name. However, that ideology came from ignorant Jews, that confused Baalism with Yahwist. Yahushua was someone else they wanted to erase altogether since they didn’t believe Jesus to be the one sent(Messiah). So, they still reject Christ as the redeemer.

Now the “modern” lexicon I used Identified the name of God in the New Testament which you now refuse. This modern lexicon was NOT written by the Watchtower; therefore, you are refuting honest linguist that made that determination.

Your proof lay with foolish opinions by writers that want to enhance “CHRIST” divinity. Trinitarian, Unitarian, and oneness. And yet you have the ghoul to say you’re NOT Trinitarian per say! Yeah right! What you are, overall! is a very confused Christian, that is boarding in a psychological breakdown.

The “FACT” that God’s name is written in ancient script, is “proof” that, what man wanted to erase from history, “failed”.

Micah Ong: Two Catholic monks invented the guess names of JEHOVAH (1270AD) and YAHWEH (about 1725AD). They should not be in any Bible since they did not exist at the time the Bible was written.

Truth be told, the word “monk” can be up for debate. You claim the general term with Catholic, but there is a relative term as will. Some “Monks” were independent of the Catholic church. It remains to be seen if this Spanish monk, Raymundo Martini was actually affiliated with the Catholic Church, since the Vatican at that time word have had a problem with such heresy just as they did with Martin Luther, John Calvin, Joan of Arc, Galileo, Marie Curie, Dante, Mark Twain, Micah, Jeremiah, etc.

Wiki: Monks and nuns inhabit the lowest rung of the hierarchy in the Catholic Church. Religious brothers and sisters aren't members of the clergy, but they aren't members of the lay faithful, either. They're called consecrated religious, which means that they've taken sacred vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.

Having said that, you lack knowledge here. The Spanish monk that wrote the Latin works (Pugio Fidei) spelled the name of God as “Yohoua” in 1278AD that was later translated as Jehova.

It wasn’t until in 1303, Porchetus de Salvaticis completed a work entitled VICTORIA PORCHETI AVERSUS IMPIOS HEBRAEOS (Porchetus' Victory Against the Ungodly Hebrews). He spells God's name IOHOUAH, IOHOUA and IHOUAH.

So, even then, people knew what the Early Church Fathers, Jews, and the Vatican were attempting to suppress. There’s plenty of evidence of that.

Yet in some arguments, you suggested there was no evidence of the name of God until the 15th or 16th century.

Also, you contradict yourself when you stated even by 300AD the Egyptian’s knew a form of God’s name as Yah(Jah) which can be found in Greek script as well.

The contradiction lies in your assertion that YHWH was NOT found in early Greek script, therefore, the NWT is wrong. When you just proved the Watchtower “RIGHT”.

Wiki: Jah. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. ... Jah or Yah (Hebrew: יהּ‎‎ Yahu) is a short form of Yahweh or contraction of Jehovah or Yehovah (in consonantal spelling YHWH / YHVH Hebrew: יהוה‎‎, called the Tetragrammaton), the proper name of God in the Hebrew Bible.

The confusion you want to make here is with the modern understanding of the word “Yah” that has taken a negative connotation in modern times. However, intelligent people are over thinking this modern definition with the message in scripture.

So, if the early Hebrews believed that the God (YHWH) was the true God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, then this is the True God of the original Israelites and not these modern heathens that call themselves Jews.

The rest of your personal opinion dismisses many codices, for one the Codex Sinaiticus, Peshitta, and even the dead sea scrolls. Now you're confusing everything to “WIN AN ARGUMENT”, Pity!

1 hour ago, Micah Ong said:

If you take a look at the four letters YHWH in the Dead Sea Scrolls , they are FOREIGN to the rest of the script both as to STYLE and also the SLANT of the letters. These are in PALEO Hebrew an ancient alphabet prior to the Babylonian captivity. They are not in conformity with the previous written script.

Which tells me that they weren't trying to hide anything, and considered the name sacred. Someone left the space for the name to be added later, so they must have known that another scribe or a different preparatory process was going to be used when the YHWH was going to be added. Adding the name in Paleo-Script reminds me of those who feel they must use 400-year-old English (typically from 1611, KJV) when they quote from Scripture, even if the rest of their sermon or writing is in modern English.

But it also strikes the eye as something that is special, and gives them pause before pronouncing the name, just as putting the wrong vowel markings supposedly stopped the Masoretes from accidentally pronouncing the word out loud, and led them to use  the word Adonai or Elohim instead. The vowels for each of those words have been found with the YHWH in Hebrew.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Welcome To Our Community

The most intelligent people on planet Earth hang out on this forum. Be ready to have your points of view challenged and refined.

• Similar Content

• By Kurt

August 18 2017
      World Headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses (17.08.2017) – On August 17, 2017, the Vyborg City Court in Russia ruled to ban the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT), a Bible published by Jehovah’s Witnesses. Russia’s Law on Counteracting Extremist Activity, signed by President Putin himself in November 2015, explicitly prohibits declaring sacred texts, such as the Bible, to be extremist. In an unconscionable move to circumvent the law, the court relied on a so-called expert study alleging that the NWT is not a Bible, opening the way for it to be banned.
      Commenting on the ruling shortly after it was issued, David A. Semonian, international spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses at their world headquarters in New York, states: “It’s impossible to comprehend how a court can justify the decision to ban the Bible. It’s absurd that a court would outlaw the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, a Bible respected by scholars around the world, which has not only been distributed in hundreds of millions of copies but also has been translated into over 150 languages. Just how far will Russia’s resistance to religious freedom go? We certainly hope that respect for sacred texts will prevail when we pursue this case on appeal.”
      Scores of religious experts following the situation in Russia have not been shy in speaking out in opposition to the case, such as Daniel Mark, chairman of the United States Commission on Religious Freedom, who states: “The conclusion by the court-by any court-that the NWT translation is not a Bible is nonsense.” Likewise, Dr. Mathew N. Schmalz, associate professor of religious studies at the College of the Holy Cross, declares: “the claim that the NWT is not ‘a Bible’ is absurd.”
      Many point to the Center for Sociocultural Expert Studies in Moscow, the group responsible for the “expert study,” as the source of the absurdity. Scholars have roundly denounced the group. For instance, Roman Lunkin, the Head of the Center for Problems of Religion and Society at the Russian Academy of Science’s Institute of Europe in Moscow, has labeled these experts as “fake,” revealing that “not one of [them] has a degree in religious studies.” Countering the claims of the “expert study,” Professor Gerhard Besier, director of the Sigmund Neumann Institute for the Research on Freedom and Democracy (Germany), succinctly defends the NWT, stating: “The New World Translation has received high-praise worldwide from Bible scholars representing diverse religious communities.”
      With the decision to ban the NWT, the Russian Federation has assumed a hostile posture that should concern more than just the Witnesses. According to Willy Fautré, director and co-founder of Belgium-based Human Rights Without Frontiers: “Any translation of any other historical sacred book – the Koran of the Muslims, the Tanakh of the Jews, and the Kangyur of the Buddhists – can now be declared illegal in Russia, and any sacred book of any other religion is now vulnerable to state censorship in Russia.”

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. <<click
    • By bruceq
      Trial of Bible ends
      VYBORG COURT RULES JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES' BIBLE IS EXTREMIST LITERATURE

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  
      Judge Dmitry Yurievich Grishin of the Vyborg city court, a kandidat of jurisprudence and former chairman of the department of civil law of the A.S. Pushkin Leningrad University, announced his decision: to grant the petition of the Leningrad-Finland transport prosecutor; to find "Sacred Scripture—New World Translation" extremist material; to find the brochures "The Bible and it Main Subject," "Science instead of the Bible?" and "How to Improve Health. Five Simple Rules" to be extremist materials; to confiscate the batch of the aforesaid literature. The court's decision has not taken effect and it may be appealed within thirty days. (tr. by PDS, posted 17 August 2017)

Also JW.ORG:
      News Alerts

BREAKING NEWS | Russian Court Bans New World Translation

On August 17, 2017, the Vyborg City Court in Russia ruled to ban the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT). In Russia, it is illegal to ban a Bible. However, a court-appointed “expert study” claimed that the NWT is not a Bible. The decision to ban the NWT came even after the powerful testimony of experts and the fine argumentation of our brothers, proving undeniably that the NWT is a Bible. In spite of such obvious discrimination, Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide take comfort from 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. , “the word of our God endures forever.” We are appealing the decision.
    • By Micah Ong
      YAHWEH is NOT a HEBREW NAME. It is ARAMAIC, which is closely related to HEBREW.
      Aramaic replaced ancient Paleo Hebrew and nearly all the existing manuscripts, including the Masoretic text and the Dead Sea Scrolls, are in the Babylonian Aramaic alphabet.
      These four letters YHWH are Babylonian Aramaic. They are NOT SACRED and they are NOT HOLY. They come from the very root of Babel, confusion, and babble and are profane! According to the Jews who teach about these four letter, the god of this name is a bisexual. He is said to be androgynous (being both male and female). He is said to be androgynous (being both male and female). This god is a devil god. He is NOT the TRUE God of the ISRAELITES.
      Two Catholic monks invented the guess names of JEHOVAH (1270AD) and YAHWEH (about 1725AD). They should not be in any Bible since they did not exist at the time the Bible was written.
      The antichrist Concision (Law keepers, Noahides) who worships the Tetragrammatons’ YHWH, hail the Aramaic alphabet letters of Mystery Babylon to be sacred and holy and the guess names Jehovah and Yahweh derived from them to be the sacred name(s) of God.
    • By Micah Ong
      Thanks for helping me research more.
      YHWH/YHVH/IHVH/JHVH – ORIGIN
      (V = U), (UV = W), (I = J), (J SUBSTITUTE for Y), the name YHWH/JHVH was injected into the text of the Old Testament by the Pharisees and others who practiced Babylonian Satanism (the precursor to Cabalism and Talmudism). For those who don’t believe the Talmud is Satanic it proclaims that Christ is in Hell boiling in excrement and semen.
      An agreement was forged between the Jewish Masoretes and the Catholic Church c. 1000 A.D. to change the name of AHAYAH in the Hebrew Old Testament to the pagan name Yahweh/Jehovah via the Tetragrammatons’.
      This explains Rosenthal’s saying, “We are amazed by the Christians’ stupidity in receiving our teachings and propagating them as their own”.
      In Henry Ford’s words. “The Christian cannot read his Bible except through Jewish spectacles, and, therefore, reads it wrong”.
      The demonic disdain for humanity exhibited by the Luciferian Jew, Harold Rosenthal, typifies the end result of a lethal amalgamation: Jewish religious ritual combined with the worship of knowledge and self. The Jews as a people, by rejecting God and/or accepting Jehovah, have been given over “to a reprobate mind…Being filled with all unrighteousness…” (Romans 1:28-31).
      Of course, Mr. Rosenthal was a member of an elite, openly satanic minority among the Jewish people. Everyday Jews do not know that the god of their faith is in fact Satan hiding behind a mystical name. It is of no consequence to Satan whether he is worshipped deliberately or through subtle lies and deceptions. (Genesis 3).
      The wise Solomon ask, “what is [God’s] name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?” (Proverbs 30:4). God’s name is AHAYAH (sometimes transliterated Ehyeh) meaning I AM. This is the name given to Moses along with the law. “And God sad unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM; and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you…this is my memorial unto all generations.” (Exodus 3:14-15). “I AM the Lord thy God…thou shalt have no other gods before me” (Exodus 32:4-5).
      Originally these four Consonants in(YHWH)represented the four members of the Heavenly Family:
      Y – represented EL the Father
      H – represented Asherah the Mother
      W – represented He the Son
      H – represented the Daughter Anath
      The Jewish name for god is represented by the Tetragrammatons’ (YHWH/YHVH) can be pronounced Yahweh or Jehovah. The significance of God’s name is repeated emphasized throughout the scriptures.
      “Exodus 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.”
      When dissected in the Hebrew, the true definition of Jehovah (Yah-Hovah) is revealed. “Yah” (#H3050) means “god”. “Hovah” (#H1942) translates to “eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness.”
      Jehovah is synonymous with Baal:
      “Baal (#H1180) from ba’al with pron. Suff.; my master; Baali, a symbolical name for Jehovah — Baali.”
      The Jewish encyclopedia (“Adonai and Ba’al”) reveals: “The name Ba’al, apparently an equivalent for Yhwh.”
      Since the days of Jeremiah, the Jews have forgotten their god’s name and replaced it with the title “Baal” or “YHWH/YHVH”: The lying prophets “Which think to cause my people to forget my [God’s] name…as their father have forgotten my name for Baal.” (Jeremiah 23:27).
      YHWH/YHVH and Ba’al both represent the god of sexual perversion and wickedness, Satan.
      However, Jews claim that this name (YHWH/YHVH) is not to be spoken aloud, despite God’s command to declare His name throughout the earth (Exodus 9:16). Why ignore this commandment?
      By reverencing their name of God (YHWH/YHVH) by not speaking it, Jews create an air of mystery and holiness around the name while enhancing the curiosity surrounding its pronunciations and power.
      When curious Jews and non-Jews alike see the “sacred” Tetragrammatons’ being used in occult practice, they are intrigued by the prospective that these sorcerers have harnessed the mystical powers of the name. Wicca, Satanism, Tarot, occult Catholicism, Masonry and Cabalism use their knowledge of the “scared” name of god” as bait to recruit cult members. If the name were not hidden, these cults would lack a critical tool in their recruitment processes.
    • By JW Insider
      How good is the evidence that the Christian Scriptures contained YHWH or some variation of that Divine Name?
      There are probably some non-JWs who believe that there is absolutely no reason at all to even entertain the possibility, and there are probably some JWs who believe manuscripts have already been found with YHWH in the NT.  For most of us, the real answer lies somewhere in between. There is a lot of good research on the issue, and this research might be interesting to some of us, whether or not it is compelling enough for anyone to change their mind.
      A previous discussion on the topic became very long and veered off into other topics, too. Hopefully, this attempt will not result in multiple topics or judgmental attitudes about people, and we can focus on the validity of the research itself.
      If anyone wishes to participate, they should feel free to copy anything they wrote in a previous thread. A topic about YHWH in the NT will likely also include topics about the pronunciation of YHWH, YHWH in the OT (LXX, Masoretic, DSS, and other manuscripts), the earliest NT and OT meanings of "name," historical linguistic trends, Greek abbreviations, NT translations, usage by early "Ante-Nicene Fathers," and the various alternatives to YHWH, and comments made by anyone else that might seem partly relevant or interesting (Philo, Josephus, Ebionites, Talmud, Gnostics, etc.). It's still a big topic.
      The arguments that many find relevant are found in Gerard Gertoux, which can be seen here:
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. He references G. Howard, of course, which might even be a better place to start. (HOWARD, Biblical Archaeology Review Vol IV, No. 1). His ideas can be found online here:
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.