The World News Media

Early Christians Believed in the Trinity

Cos
Message added by admin

Please consider starting new topics rather than adding to this enormous one. You can link back on your new topic to this one if need be and/or tag users as needed.  Thank you for the interesting discussion.  

17 minutes ago, bruceq said:

I suppose you could believe the moon is made of cottage cheese.  But that does not make it true. Please show me a Scripture that proves your belief in your God. Can you at least do that much. Prove that God is a Trinity using your Bible. That is the topic???

Bruceq, could you do me a great favor and quote who you're replying to?  Thanks.

There are many scriptures that prove the Trinity teaching of three persons who are the one God, but the one that has had the most impact on me personally is 1 Corinthians 12:3 "Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit."

• Views 14.3k
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Haiti, even today .. the population is 85% Catholic, and believe in the Trinity, as an institution (individual results may vary ...) AND 85% or so of THAT group also practice Voodoo and worship the

But not by First Century Christians taught by Jesus you know the ones in the New Testament. They used the BIBLE. The Bible, every single book in it, was written by Jews and Jews do not believe in God

Very good point. After all if the Trinity was in the Bible in the first place then NO ONE would have tried to put it there by a forgery. Which of course proves it is not in the Bible. {Yet that is not

Posted Images

I quote the Bible as a WHOLE. Rather than pick it apart. 

1 Corinthians 12:3 "Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit."

Sorry but that Scripture was written by Paul and he was a JEW. And Jews do not believe in a Trinity. Please try again with another Scripture.

7 minutes ago, bruceq said:

I quote the Bible as a WHOLE. Rather than pick it apart. 

1 Corinthians 12:3 "Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit."

Sorry but that Scripture was written by Paul and he was a JEW. And Jews do not believe in a Trinity. Please try again with another Scripture.

Hopefully you will try to reason on the Scriptures for a change instead of putting up the ineffective block of dismissing the entire Bible just because it was written by Jews.

Let's look at the scripture I posted, 1 Cor. 12:3, in the Aramaic Bible in Plain English: Because I inform you of this: there is no man who speaks by The Spirit of God and says, “Yeshua is damned”, neither can a man say, “Yeshua is THE LORD JEHOVAH”, except by The Spirit of Holiness.

6 minutes ago, HollyW said:

Hopefully you will try to reason on the Scriptures for a change instead of putting up the ineffective block of dismissing the entire Bible just because it was written by Jews.

Let's look at the scripture I posted, 1 Cor. 12:3 in the Aramaic Bible in Plain English: Because I inform you of this: there is no man who speaks by The Spirit of God and says, “Yeshua is damned”, neither can a man say, “Yeshua is THE LORD JEHOVAH”, except by The Spirit of Holiness.

Glad to see you admit the Bible was written by Jews. Now take the next step:

Obviously I do not dismiss the Bible and its teaching. You are by trying to say the Bible writer believes something that we all know they do not for Jews do not and have never believed that God is a Trinity yet you continue to use the Bible to try and find it. It is futile of you to do so, but please keep trying if you must as any operation has some pain with it. Don't shy away give us a Scripture that teaches a Trinity PLEASE.

"1 Cor 12:3" Dosen't matter which Translation you use. That Scripture was still written by Paul and Paul was a Jew and Jews do not believe in a Trinity.

1 minute ago, bruceq said:

Obviously I do not dismiss the Bible and its teaching. You are by trying to say the Bible writer believes something that we all know they do not for Jews do not and have never believed that God is a Trinity yet you continue to use the Bible to try and find it. It is futile of you to do so, but please keep trying if you must as any operation has some pain with it. Don't shy away give us a Scripture that teaches a Trinity PLEASE.

"1 Cor 12:3" Dosen't matter which Translation you use. That Scripture was still written by Paul and Paul was a Jew and Jews do not believe in a Trinity.

Don't you see what you're doing?  Jews do not believe Jesus is the Messiah either so you've built your argument on sand and can't seem to dig yourself out.  If you ever find yourself able to reason on the scriptures, maybe then we can resume our discussion.  In the meantime, I hope your day goes well for you.

13 minutes ago, HollyW said:

Don't you see what you're doing?  Jews do not believe Jesus is the Messiah either so you've built your argument on sand and can't seem to dig yourself out.  If you ever find yourself able to reason on the scriptures, maybe then we can resume our discussion.  In the meantime, I hope your day goes well for you.

Sorry but ALL the Apostles were Jews and they did believe in Christ who by the way was also a JEW who does not believe in a Trinity. LOL See how simple the Truth is? Oh please don't leave just because you cannot defend you false god. GIVE us a Scripture that teaches your Trinity doctrine.

"You will KNOW the Truth, and the Truth will set you free" Jn 8:32

1 hour ago, bruceq said:

Sorry but ALL the Apostles were Jews and they did believe in Christ who by the way was also a JEW who does not believe in a Trinity. LOL See how simple the Truth is? Oh please don't leave just because you cannot defend you false god. GIVE us a Scripture that teaches your Trinity doctrine.

"You will KNOW the Truth, and the Truth will set you free" Jn 8:32

Not atall, bruceq, I find that in the course of conversation, some folks may simply state their own beliefs and they may do so with some conviction. But are they reasonable persons who are willing to listen to another viewpoint? If so, I can share with them what the Bible says, doing so with the conviction that it will find welcome response in the hearts of lovers of truth.  However, I find you are not a reasonable nor a reasoning person, nor a lover of truth.  Therefore, my time is more profitably spent elsewhere.

You can run away if you want but the TRUTH is still thereALL the Apostles were Jews and they did believe in Christ who by the way was also a JEW who does not believe in a Trinity.  See how simple the Truth is? You say you will share what he BIBLE says on your god but you have yet to show any Scripture at all to prove your false god of the Trinity is in the Bible. Still waiting.

2 hours ago, bruceq said:

You can run away if you want but the TRUTH is still thereALL the Apostles were Jews and they did believe in Christ who by the way was also a JEW who does not believe in a Trinity.  See how simple the Truth is? You say you will share what he BIBLE says on your god but you have yet to show any Scripture at all to prove your false god of the Trinity is in the Bible. Still waiting.

Bruce, you're the one who is running away.  I shared scripture with you and you failed to even reason on it.  You throw up this really lame argument because you've got nothing else to offer.  As I've already stated, a discussion with someone who can't bring himself to reason on the scriptures is pointless.  You stick your fingers in your ears and chant your so-familiar-refrain so that you can ignore what the Bible really teaches. 

I'll be waiting for you to reason on the scripture I posted.  Until then, well, getting to know you has been an experience I could have done without.

I see you still have not given any Scripture to prove the Trinity. All the Scriptures you have given were all written by Jews and Jews do not believe in a Trinity. See how simple reasoning on the TRUTH is?  So PLEASE try and give us a Scripture that proves the Trinity. From the BIBLE - Any Translation you want.

On 5/10/2017 at 2:16 AM, Cos said:

Hello Bruceq,

You bring up the issue of war. And that somehow this issue justifies your Arian claim. JWs proclaim “we don’t participate in war” so therefore “we” are correct. This self-righteous stance does not prove that God is not Triune.  

Not to get off-topic, but I wanted to point out that JWs are taught that after a thousand years of living in a paradise on earth and becoming perfect in every way by studying new books published by the WTS during those thousand years, at the end of those thousand years a number of JWs so vast as to be uncountable will side with the devil to go to war against fellow JWs----and they are said to have gained the perfection Adam had before he sinned, meeting Jehovah's standards mentally, morally, physically and spiritually.  So JWs have no room to talk about imperfect men going to war.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.