The World News Media

FOOD FOR THOUGHT - How can someone who doesn't know God's Name pray for God's Name to be Sanctified? After all, Jesus the Son of God, said in the Model Prayer the First Thing we should Mention ?

????????

“You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let YOUR NAME be sanctified." (Matthew 6:9)

IMG_4298.JPG

• Views 2.3k
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FOOD FOR THOUGHT - How can someone who doesn't know God's Name pray for God's Name to be Sanctified? After all, Jesus the Son of God, said in the Model Prayer the First Thing we should Mention ?

@Micah Ong   and   @Bible Speaks ......  who  has  the  right  answer ?? I'm  sure,  ONLY  our  Librarian  can  help  here !

I'm  sure,  yes !    Thanks  for  your  very  good  comments.  We  all  can  learn,  bec. NOBODY  of  us  is  perfect !  Maybe  someone  thinking  so....  but  we  need  1000  years  for  that,  hahah

Posted Images

At the time Jesus said that the Jews were his audience and they already new God's name YHWH.  The point Jesus was trying to make is that the Person of the true God be made Holy.  Not that he isn't Holy, but the Jews and other Pagan religions but speaking to the Jews only - had misrepresented God.  Through Jesus, God's will and personality is being sanctified and we support that by being followers of Jesus Christ.

Acts 1:8 "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my(Jesus) witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Romans 10:14 "How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?"

Romans doesn't make sense because the Jews and of course Christian Jews already knew Gods name and believed in him.

Romans does make sense if it is describing Jesus not YWHW as Christian Greek scriptures clearly show.

Romans 10:9  If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Philippians 2:9,10 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Philippians clearly shows Jesus is the highest name without doubt.  YHWH is in the old Testament only and pertains to the old covenant only.  Jesus pertains to the new covenant and Philippians supports this along with the rest of the Christian Greek Scriptures.

Jesus addressed him as "our Father", and he didn't say 'your name Jehovah be sanctified' nor anywhere else in the gospels or for that fact in the New Testament is YHWH ever mentioned.

@Bible Speaks Wow everything I have showed you is based on God's Word not my own idea.  Philippians 2:9,10 is clear as daylight.  You can't go against Gods word.  The "bible speaks" for itself.  How else do you explain Philippians application?  The name Jesus is above the name Jehovah.  The New Testament is God's final Revelation and message, not the Old Testament where YHWH is found.  You can't show any of the earliest manuscripts of the New Testament showing the Divine name.

Jesus is the name borne witness to.

• Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said to him: "Be on your way, because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel."

Acts 1:8 "YOU will be witnesses of me (Jesus) both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

Jesus is the name used to expel demons.

• Mark 9:38-39 "John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me;"

Jesus is the subject of the kingdom good news.

• Galatians 1:7 "But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ."

Jesus name invokes persecution, yet Jehovah's Witnesses claim their persecution in the Name of Jehovah fulfills prophecy.

• Matthew 24:9 "Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."

Jesus name alone is the means of salvation.

• Acts 4:10-12 "… let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz‧a‧rene′, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU. This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.’Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”"

@Bible Speaks Again no YHWH, he is addressed as the Father in the scripture you have just quoted.  This scripture Matt 24:36 does not say YHWH is the name above every other name.

That scripture only shows that while Jesus was on earth he did not know the day or the hour.  The Watchtower even says Jesus would know by now.

The scriptures I have previously shown, clearly demonstrate the name Jesus is the most high name now.  That's why he said to Paul and others you will be "witnesses of me".  He didn't say witnesses of Jehovah through me.  Again the "bible speaks"!

Acts 1:8, Acts 9:15

Philippians 2:9,10 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

The nation of Israel and foreigners who attached themselves to that nation certainly addressed Almighty God as YHWH.  That applied to the old covenant.  Isaiah 43:10

The true God has now opened up himself to all the nations now with the new covenant.  No where in the new testament is anyone addressing the Father as YHWH.  Jesus name means Ya saves!  He wants us to be witnesses of that name.

We are in the new covenant now Isaiah 62:2 is fulfilled in Jesus. " And you will be given a new name by Jehovah's own mouth."

We can't be stuck in the old Jewish way of things Matt 9:16,17  The old covenant is now fulfilled in the new covenant.

That new name from Isaiah 62:2 is 'Jesus' witnesses or Christians, followers of Christ.  Philippians 2:9,10; Acts 4:10-12

Yes we are admonished to bow to Jesus name that is above every name.  Will we or will we go back to the old covenant?  Can we ignore scriptures like Philippians 2:9,10 and stick to mere sentiment handed down from a teaching from men.

@Queen Esther The Bible has the right answer :) Acts 4:12 says there is no other name.

I'm  sure,  yes !  :)  Thanks  for  your  very  good  comments.  We  all  can  learn,  bec. NOBODY  of  us  is  perfect !  Maybe  someone  thinking  so....  but  we  need  1000  years  for  that,  hahaha  -  thats  the  reason,  I  read  alot....  but  I  NOT  believe  all....  I  hope  you  understand  me,  @Micah Ong ??  Thank  you !  Greetings  from  Germany  to  you

So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all)  you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree,  but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.

And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.  To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”  Acts 10:34-43

2 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

Here you seem confused as to the level of deity Jesus Became. Are you implying Jesus is GOD?

Well the scriptures seems to indicate he shares the same nature and the scriptures show the very nature and time of God and Jesus. see Rev 1:8 & 1:18 and also Philippians 2:7 says he was divinely equal.  See Kingdom Interlinear

As for the NWT, it actually references Jesus as Jehovah in it's own translation using the Hebrew J versions of the Bible intermittently to reference Jehovah and Jesus in the New Testament. 

This example highlights where they reference Jehovah in Isaiah but then reference it to Jehovah and Jesus in the following scriptures:

Isaiah 45:22-24 says;

"Turn to me and be saved, all YOU [at the] ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no one else. By my own self I have sworn-out of my own mouth in righteousness the word has gone forth, so that it will not return-that to me every knee will bend down, every tongue will swear, saying, 'Surely in Jehovah there are full righteousness and strength.

This is paraphrased at both Romans and Philippians. Whereas in Romans Jehovah is inserted in the NWT, in Philippians it is not, as to do so would result in equating Jesus with Jehovah.

Romans 14:11 "For it is written: "'As I live,' says Jehovah, 'to me every knee shall bend down, and every tongue will make open acknowledgment to God.'""
Philippians 2:9-11 "For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every [other] name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."
I'm saying the Bible says Jesus is the means of sanctifying his father, as well as gathering all things back to the father.  That's what Philippians 2:9-12 says along with the New Testament.  Do not underestimate the Lambs role, please see Rev 5:11-14

11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and [the voice] of the living creatures and the elders; and they numbered myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands (innumerable), 12 saying in a loud voice,

“Worthy and deserving is the Lamb that was sacrificed to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”

13 And I heard every created thing that is in heaven or on earth or under the earth [in Hades, the realm of the dead] or on the sea, and everything that is in them, saying [together],

“To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb (Christ), be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”

14 And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped [Him who lives forever and ever].

All created things worship them both.  If the Lamb was a created arch angel then he would be worshiping with the other angels as well.  No where in the Bible does Jesus worship the Father - see Rev 4:8-11.  The Bible states that the Son created all things Colossians 1:16. 

Remember also firstborn can mean heir to the inheritance or belongs to, just as King David was firstborn to Jesse even though he was the youngest.  The Bible was highlighting his heir to the throne.  No where does it say Jesus was created or had a beginning as Rev 1:18 shows.

Also the difference between being born and being created is one comes forth and one is made.  Jesus was not created nor do the scriptures say he had a beginning.