The World News Media

Good day! What can you tell me regarding the 1975 prediction of Armageddon? I appreciate your response.. Thank you and God bless!

The Librarian

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While it is true that we don't have the ability to predict the future, we were told to be on the watch and to be in expectation for the end of this system of things. 

Never was there a more moving Sight in these "last days". Many, including strong men, wept at the demonstration. Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything fo

*** w00 4/15 p. 8 par. 1  *** Humans simply do not have the ability to predict accurately what will occur in the months or years to come.  

While there was likely a lot of speculation surrounding 1975 by individuals, no publication ever provided a definitive statement saying that the end would come in 1975. Some articles seemed to say that it was highly possible, though they always qualified it.

For example, the 5/01/67 Watchtower says: 

"...1975 marks the end of 6,000 years of human experience.....Will it be the time when God executes the wicked?....It very well could be, but we will have to wait and seean article in the Watchtower at the end of 1974 and it was referring to what all Witnesses heard at their conventions that summer. So the facts are that anyone who was saying that Armageddon was definitely going to come by 1975 just was not listening carefully. They were doing what critics still do; rip statements out of context and selectively choose only what they want out of the literature.

È VERO CHE I TESTIMONI DI GEOVA HANNO FATTO PREVISIONI INESATTE SULLA DATA DELLA FINE?

I testimoni di Geova hanno effettivamente nutrito delle aspettative errate circa la data in cui sarebbe venuta la fine. Come i discepoli di Gesù del I secolo, abbiamo pensato che qualche profezia stesse per adempiersi quando non era ancora arrivato il tempo stabilito da Dio (Luca 19:11; Atti 1:6; 2 Tessalonicesi 2:1, 2). Condividiamo il pensiero di Alexander H. Macmillan, un fedele Testimone, che disse: “Ho imparato che dovremmo ammettere i nostri errori e continuare a esaminare la Parola di Dio per essere illuminati”.

Perché allora continuiamo a predicare che la fine è vicina? Perché prendiamo seriamente l’esortazione di Gesù: “Continuate a stare in guardia, siate svegli”. In caso contrario, se cioè Gesù ci trovasse “addormentati”, non potremmo ottenere il suo favore (Marco 13:33, 36). Come mai?

Pensate ad esempio a un esperto di un centro d’allerta tsunami che, in base ai dati in suo possesso, lancia un allarme. Forse quella volta l’onda anomala non arriva, ma in un’altra occasione la prontezza dell’esperto potrebbe salvare delle vite.

In modo analogo, a volte abbiamo nutrito aspettative errate circa la data della fine. Ma ci interessa di più ubbidire a Gesù e salvare delle vite che evitare le critiche. Il comando di Gesù di “dare completa testimonianza” ci spinge ad avvertire gli altri riguardo alla fine (Atti 10:42).

Crediamo che, anziché concentrarsi su quando verrà la fine, sia più importante avere fiducia che la fine verrà, e agire di conseguenza. Prendiamo seriamente le parole di Abacuc 2:3, che dice: “Anche se [la fine] dovesse attardarsi [rispetto alle previsioni], attendila; poiché si avvererà immancabilmente. Non tarderà”.

• 3 years later...

Never was there a more moving Sight in these "last days". Many, including strong men, wept at the demonstration. Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided Instrument for most effective work   in the remaining months before Armageddon. What a gift I and to so many! The manner of releasing the new book Children was an outnght surprise to all, but the almighty hand of the All-wise One, Jehovah, was in it, and the maneuver was most blessed indeed. Thereafter Children, the author's edition, was disposed of to adult conventioneers, on a contribution.   Watchtower 1941 September 15 Page 288

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Does God’s rest day parallel the time man has been on earth since his creation? Apparently so. In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man’s existence and also the first 6,000 years of Gods rest day come to an end? The year 1975. It means that within a relatively few years we will witness the fulfillment of the remaining prophecies that have to do with the “time of the end”.Awake! 1966 Oct 8 pp.19-20

“The immediate future is certain to be filled with climactic events, for this old system is nearing its complete end. Within a few years at most the final parts of Bible prophecy relative to these “last days” will undergo fulfillment.” Watchtower 1968 May 1 p.272

“The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the “last days” have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God.” Awake! 1968 Oct 8 p.13

“If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the “last days” in 1914, Jesus foretold: “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.”-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!” Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

few   Within a few years at most 

1. a small number of. "may I ask a few questions?"  

used to emphasize how small a number is"he had few friends"

pronoun 
    1. a small number of people or things. 

2. used to emphasize how small a number of people or things is.

But they won't listen @Srecko Sostar because they serve and worship their GB.  

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

few   Within a few years at most 

1. a small number of. "may I ask a few questions?"  

used to emphasize how small a number is"he had few friends"

pronoun 
    1. a small number of people or things. 

2. used to emphasize how small a number of people or things is.

But they won't listen @Srecko Sostar because they serve and worship their GB.  

Little and few have negative meanings. We use them to mean ‘not as much as may be expected or wished for’. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/few

At least some but indeterminately small in number - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/few

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.