The World News Media

"I Jehovah Am Searching The Heart" ❤️

Bible Speaks

10 "I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, Examining the innermost thoughts, To give to each one according to his ways, According to the fruitage of his works. (Jeremiah 17:10).

“Keep Testing . . . Keep Proving . . .”

HOW can we examine the motives and the inclinations of our heart? The Bible admonishes us: “Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are.” (2 Cor. 13:5) There may be specific areas of our conduct that from time to time deserve careful scrutiny in order for us to make sure that our worship remains free of hypocrisy. Consider the following questions we might use in self-examination:

• Are my expressions of commendation and affection heartfelt and sincere?—Ps. 12:2, 3; 1 Pet. 1:22.
  • Do I show hospitality and give gifts with unselfish motives?—Matt. 6:2-4.
  • Do I treat my family members with love and consideration both in the privacy of our home and in public?—Col. 3:18-21.
  • Is my conduct always in harmony with the Bible principles I zealously teach others?—Rom. 2:21-23.

If we discover unwholesome tendencies, we do well to uproot them before they become dominant aspects of our personality. Then, like the apostle Paul, we may stand before God and say that “we never used flattering speech or put on any false front with greedy motives.”—1 Thess. 2:5.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014523?q=jere+17%3A10&p=par

2 Pictures 1 Moving 1 GIF 

asset.gif

IMG_5842.mp4

• Views 416
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 "I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, Examining the innermost thoughts, To give to each one according to his ways, According to the fruitage of his works. (Jeremiah 17:10). “Keep Testing . . .

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.