The World News Media

JW's in Malawi vs. Mexico: Why the Disparity?

Micah Ong

Korah thought Moses and Aaron were tyrants. If you look at things in a physical rather than a spiritual way that is. It is about ones attitude. God's word says it better than I can.

"Do EVERYTHING without complaining and arguing", Phil 2:14 NLT 

• Views 8.5k
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Who are they? (Genuine question)" Eoin asks. "Corporate propaganda." I think that says it all. I appreciate the frankness. The Librarian, who is not necessarily the same, though he may be, add

I saved those deleted posts, most of them at least, and I can assure you that you were not deleted for presenting any facts. Perhaps you do not remember, but you were attacking and insulting other pos

. . It is the old classic "You are damned if you do... and damned if you don't." If I take personal responsibility according to the dictates of my conscience and am wrong, Wrong WRONG .

Posted Images

21 hours ago, bruceq said:

"And they kept on giving the Israelites a bad report." {Num 13:32}. But the report was TRUE. Those critical complainers did  tell the truth but Jehovah still says it is a "bad" report.

The report was not true.

(Numbers 13:31-33) 31 But the men who went up with him said: “We are not able to go up against the people, because they are stronger than we are.” 32 And they kept on giving the Israelites a bad report about the land that they had spied out, saying: “The land that we passed through to spy out is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of extraordinary size. 33 And there we saw the Nephʹi·lim, the sons of Aʹnak, who are from the Nephʹi·lim, and in comparison we seemed like grasshoppers, both to us and to them.”

They were able to go up against the people, whether they were strong or not. They had just seen that with "Moses v. Pharoah."

The land obviously does not devour its inhabitants. Many different tribes and people were seen to be living there:

(Numbers 13:28, 29) 28 Nevertheless, the people who dwell in the land are strong, and the fortified cities are very great. We also saw the Anʹa·kim there. 29 The A·malʹek·ites are dwelling in the land of the Negʹeb, and the Hitʹtites, the Jebʹu·sites, and the Amʹor·ites are dwelling in the mountainous region, and the Caʹnaan·ites are dwelling by the sea and along the Jordan.”

It was not ALL the people who were men of extraordinary size. Only the Anakim were identified as being of larger size.

These were not actually the Nephilim, either.

The bad report included the exaggeration that the Israelites would have seemed like grasshoppers to the Anakim. If all of them were as tall as Goliath, it would still be a great exaggeration to speak of even a young David-sized Israelite as a grasshopper.

What made it bad was the attitude of unwillingness to fight for a land that was already promised, and would have Jehovah's backing, if they had a little faith in the promise.

(Proverbs 26:13) . . .The lazy one says: “There is a young lion in the road, A lion in the public square!”

1 hour ago, bruceq said:

Korah thought Moses and Aaron were tyrants. If you look at things in a physical rather than a spiritual way that is. It is about ones attitude. God's word says it better than I can.

Um Moses and Aaron were in direct communication with Jehovah and directly inspired, and Moses didn't give them false prophecies or false expectations as Russell, Rutherford and Fred Franz have done.  There is no comparison between Moses as mediator; and the Governing Body as mediator's to God.

1 hour ago, bruceq said:

"Do EVERYTHING without complaining and arguing", Phil 2:14 NLT

This is cult mentality.

Be like the Bereans instead.

Acts 17:11 "And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth."

The report was true although obviously exaggerated as the Watchtower says. It was true because if they went up on their own without God's backing they would be against a superior force. They did not have faith in Jehovah that He would fight for them. Both the 10 and the 2 saw the same thing. One was bad because they did not have faith that God would help them. The two that gave a good report had faith that God would be with them. The report was bad because it caused the Israelites to murmur and complain out of fear of the bad report. When people in Jehovah's Organization give bad reports about ANY subject the intent being to make people lose faith in Jehovah and his organization Jehovah is not pleased with such.

3 minutes ago, Micah Ong said:

This is cult mentality.

I only quoted a Scripture and you said it was "cult mentality" LOL You just showed your true intentions.

Here is your "cult" Scripture again : "Do EVERYTHING without complaining and arguing", Phil 2:14 NLT 

2 minutes ago, bruceq said:

the intent being to make people lose faith in Jehovah and his organization Jehovah is not pleased with such.

It's an assumption to say this is Jehovah's organization.  The intent is not for people to lose faith in Jehovah but to see the sham of the WTS!

2 minutes ago, bruceq said:

I only quoted a Scripture and you said it was "cult mentality"

Cult's quotes scriptures as well.  Scripture can be used to control the people as the Catholic Church did over the centuries.  Be like the Bereans brother.

Just now, Micah Ong said:

Cult's quotes scriptures as well.  Scripture can be used to control the people as the Catholic Church did over the centuries.  Be like the Bereans brother.

According to that then you are being "mislead" just like all of us are. Since the Bible says Satan is "misleading the ENTIRE inhabited earth" Rev 12:9.

Why does that Scripture bother you so much? "Do EVERYTHING without complaining and arguing", Phil 2:14

23 minutes ago, bruceq said:

Why does that Scripture bother you so much? "Do EVERYTHING without complaining and arguing", Phil 2:14

The scripture in itself doesn't bother me, it is important when put in proper context.  It's when you apply it to following a group of men who are "not inspired or infallible" as Feb WT last study article points out, you are blindly following men as if they are appointed by God.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.