The World News Media

THE 100 BEST BURGERS IN AMERICA, RANKED BY OUR NATIONAL BURGER CRITIC

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

1. "NICK'S" CHEESEBURGER WITH GRILLED ONIONS

PORTLAND, OREGON

The Portland burger trip was third out of 30 cities. I was relatively fresh and inexperienced. I didn't know how to plan my days, I didn't know how much of each burger to eat, I didn't know that you should never try and eat burgers on a Monday, (because restaurants are all closed), I didn't know anything. My longtime colleague Andy Kryza recommended I go straight from the airport to Stanich's, and told me he'd pick me up there, so I rolled in around 11am just as things were getting going. A few construction workers sat at a random table, barely paying attention to SportsCenter on the TV above. No one else was in there.What I had at 11am amongst those construction workers and old-school pennants was otherworldly. The sesame bun was griddled perfectly, preventing the somewhat messy burger from leaking through and getting soggy. The ground chuck had a good crisp edge, and the grilled onions, which must sit marinating in something, melded with the American cheese for that perfect diner burger mix. Normally, we'd stop there, but Stanich's does not yield. On the top bun, they use a combination of mayo and mustard while on the bottom, it's mayo and red relish. The end result is a mixture of sweet and salty flavors I haven't experienced anywhere else. In fact, I didn't even see the hamburger dill pickles sitting on the side until after I ate the whole damn thing, but it didn't matter. This burger is a national treasure. This burger at an old mom-and-pop sports bar that's been sitting in a random Oregon neighborhood since 1949 is the best burger in America

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/best-burgers-in-america-burger-quest

• Views 937
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His  last  name  is  Michael....  hahaha      Georg  Michael ??

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

The son Nick is now the cook there. And yes it is #1. Super delicious. 

I like the "George" with raw onions. 

George is Nicks middle name. Bet you can't guess his last name. :-)

IMG_2429.PNG