The World News Media

Animals in Paradise - What Will They Eat?

The Librarian

• Views 4.8k
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We  don't  have  the  answer  today....  sorry   await  &  drinking  tea  ~~~~~

Interesting article and very carefully reasoned through. However, I couldn't commmit to his conclusions any more than agreeing that he raised some interesting possibilities. The author quotes Ewi

I do not know much, .....  but am sure THIS WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEW WORLD !!!    

Posted Images

Very simple answer ... find the scripture where it says the "lion will lay down with the lamb", and read it in CONTEXT ... for those in Rio Linda, that means the page before, and the page after.

Among God's people the lion will eat straw, as lambs being eaten scare children ... very messy ... but all animals in their natural environment will eat what they ALWAYS have eaten, and what they were DESIGNED to eat.

All else is a cartoon fantasy that would embarrass Walt Disney.

If you find that incredible, there is a way to test it ... let your lawn grow high, and eat ONLY grass for a week, and see how well YOU do.

You may find yourself online, ordering Purina Lion Chow.

Jehovah created predation as well as prey with defenses against predators. Predators using poison then to kill their prey is really a reflection of Jehovah's endearing engineering.  Also, Genesis 1:30 does not teach that all animals were created as herbivorous, as that is a common misunderstanding. Additionally, God did not alter the fauna after Adam's sin or after the Deluge to function within a predator-prey dichotomy--as there are no scriptures stating that, and which could even be seen as a contradiction of Jehovah resting from creation. 

(Genesis 1:30) And to every wild animal of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving on the earth in which there is life, I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it was so. (Isaiah 11:7)7 The cow and the bear will feed together, And their young will lie down together. The lion will eat straw like the bull.

ISAIAH 11:1-15: (See my previous comments IN THIS THREAD , AND the highlighted portion in context, below ... AND THINK ABOUT WHAT IS REASONABLE AND SANE!

1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD—
3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears;
4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.
5 Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist.
6 The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.
7 The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
8 The infant will play near the cobra’s den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
9 They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his resting place will be glorious.
11 In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the surviving remnant of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the Mediterranean.
12 He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.
13 Ephraim’s jealousy will vanish, and Judah’s enemies will be destroyed; Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah, nor Judah hostile toward Ephraim.
14 They will swoop down on the slopes of Philistia to the west; together they will plunder the people to the east. They will subdue Edom and Moab, and the Ammonites will be subject to them.
15 The LORD will dry up the gulf of the Egyptian sea; with a scorching wind he will sweep his hand over the Euphrates River. He will break it up into seven streams so that anyone can cross over in sandals.

On 5/29/2017 at 8:53 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Among God's people the lion will eat straw, as lambs being eaten scare children ... very messy ... but all animals in their natural environment will eat what they ALWAYS have eaten, and what they were DESIGNED to eat.

All else is a cartoon fantasy that would embarrass Walt Disney.

TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURE IT WAS meant TO BE SIMPLE ... JUST READ IT IN CONTEXT .. AND USE PLAIN OLD COMMON SENSE.

You don't haul timber in a Corvette Automobile, or Race a Concrete Truck at 125 miles per hour .... but in today's world, you have to put WARNING STICKERS on child car seats ....  "Do not fold up car seat with child inside".

THINK people .... THINK!

And while you are thinking ... read verses 4 and 5 about six times ...until you figure out that what I just stated may be a total load of drivel

OF COURSE I am guessing!

...  SO IS EVERYBODY ELSE!